Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 11-01-2009, 08:21 PM
  #6976  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

It could also be as easy as a tweaked chassis. Set your chassis on droop blocks and make sure it sits perfectly flat or all of your other adjustments will go out of alignment.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 11-01-2009, 08:44 PM
  #6977  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,682
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
Guys, do your 416WE has even steering left and right? Coz mine always understeer when I turn right, turning left is fine with lots of steering. I also notice my car changes direction quicker to the left than right. I have check and set my steering throw evenly on my set up station. I m using Sanwa 801SDX servo and the steering rod is almost 90deg from the saver to the steering rack. Is it my car is tweak or unbalance left / right?
check it for tweak as the others have suggested, then put it on a tweak bar and see if you have a heavy corner causing you problems.
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Old 11-01-2009, 09:38 PM
  #6978  
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,556
Default

Thanks for your input guys, I ll check my car again tonight.
dameetz is offline  
Old 11-01-2009, 11:23 PM
  #6979  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
crabboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,001
Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)
Default

.
crabboy is offline  
Old 11-02-2009, 06:11 AM
  #6980  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 472
Default

I am looking for more steering entering tight corner using rubber tire on carpet
the car works good but just a tad more steering will be nice, any suggestion.

Thanks.

Last edited by Ramyuras; 11-02-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Ramyuras is offline  
Old 11-02-2009, 07:10 AM
  #6981  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,269
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ramyuras View Post
I am looking for more steering intering tight corner using rubber tire on carpet
the car works good but just a tad more steering will be nice, any suggestion.

Thanks.
What blocks are you running up front? If you're using D/D, you could try C/C. Or, if you've got spacers on the outside of the hexes, or wider hexes, try going narrower. You can also try the soft IFS c-hubs made for the TA05 series cars, as they're a direct fit on the 416. They're much softer, much harder to break, and will generally yield more steering. Also, you could try more ackermann spacers.

You can also try freeing up the rear of the car if it's too stuck. Maybe try .5mm shims under the rear blocks, raise the inside camber links, less rear toe, looser diff. If you do try any of these, I'd go one at a time, it's not difficult to go too far and end up with a loose car.
syndr0me is offline  
Old 11-02-2009, 10:25 AM
  #6982  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

any one using one of these ??

if so how is it holding up ??

i need a new chassis plate and want to protect it more

also would you buy the World Edition chassis or a normal chassis plate ???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
sidecarphil1 is offline  
Old 11-02-2009, 11:59 AM
  #6983  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 472
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
What blocks are you running up front? If you're using D/D, you could try C/C. Or, if you've got spacers on the outside of the hexes, or wider hexes, try going narrower. You can also try the soft IFS c-hubs made for the TA05 series cars, as they're a direct fit on the 416. They're much softer, much harder to break, and will generally yield more steering. Also, you could try more ackermann spacers.

You can also try freeing up the rear of the car if it's too stuck. Maybe try .5mm shims under the rear blocks, raise the inside camber links, less rear toe, looser diff. If you do try any of these, I'd go one at a time, it's not difficult to go too far and end up with a loose car.
Thank you for helping.
Ramyuras is offline  
Old 11-02-2009, 03:59 PM
  #6984  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,269
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

The Atomic LCD's are about the same length as the 44mm CVD's. I prefer to run 46mm up front, so as such, I now have two brand new sets of LCD's for sale. Send me a PM if you're interested, US only please.
syndr0me is offline  
Old 11-02-2009, 06:57 PM
  #6985  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
linger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
The Atomic LCD's are about the same length as the 44mm CVD's. I prefer to run 46mm up front, so as such, I now have two brand new sets of LCD's for sale. Send me a PM if you're interested, US only please.
You are supposed to use them and tell the rest of us if they are any good
linger is offline  
Old 11-02-2009, 07:13 PM
  #6986  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,269
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by linger View Post
You are supposed to use them and tell the rest of us if they are any good
I'd be all over it if they were 46mm, but I'm concerned the 44's will eat up spool inserts.

Everything I hear about LCD's seems to suggest they're an improvement all around. I hope Tamiya makes some (in various lengths).
syndr0me is offline  
Old 11-02-2009, 08:35 PM
  #6987  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,682
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I'd be all over it if they were 46mm, but I'm concerned the 44's will eat up spool inserts.

Everything I hear about LCD's seems to suggest they're an improvement all around. I hope Tamiya makes some (in various lengths).
What about trying them with the steel spool drives I think 3r makes them. If I ever get mine I'll try them and let you know. Gotta try them.
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Old 11-02-2009, 09:11 PM
  #6988  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,447
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I'd be all over it if they were 46mm, but I'm concerned the 44's will eat up spool inserts.

Everything I hear about LCD's seems to suggest they're an improvement all around. I hope Tamiya makes some (in various lengths).
Question, do they fit without hitting the chubs lock to lock? I know the XRay ones hit lock to lock when put in tamiya chubs.

JimmyMac is offline  
Old 11-02-2009, 10:31 PM
  #6989  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,269
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Question, do they fit without hitting the chubs lock to lock? I know the XRay ones hit lock to lock when put in tamiya chubs.

They come with a narrower bearing for the back part of the steering knuckle that allows them to sit deeper inside. I didn't test the clearance, but presumably, this is how they got around the issue you're having. Pretty clever, really.
syndr0me is offline  
Old 11-02-2009, 10:36 PM
  #6990  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,447
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Sounds cool. I think I posted that pic several months back when I had a 009. I just wanted to bring it back up again to see how/if they resolved that issue. Thanks for letting me know how they did it. I might give it a try in the BD5 since the axles are the same size/interchangeable. One option you might have before getting rid of them is finding out what the lengths are of the other LCD bones. Maybe you can interchange them if they are longer.
JimmyMac is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.