Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 08-25-2009, 05:18 PM
  #6346  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (7)
 
thekthai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 537
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default hi jones

my is 416 not the we version..so what different man

thk Q

cant help post some of picture from other car or any pro driver car exit look different...
thekthai is offline  
Old 08-25-2009, 09:34 PM
  #6347  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (2)
 
Grizzbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sand Springs, OK
Posts: 3,073
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jonest View Post
I'm using KO2413 and it's touching the steering brace. It's still work as long as there's no binding.

Thekthai,

Suggest u post up ur queries in the 416 / 416WE thread.
Agreed, & I think it's time to go ahead & merge it with the original 416 thread....
Grizzbob is offline  
Old 08-25-2009, 09:40 PM
  #6348  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (2)
 
Grizzbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sand Springs, OK
Posts: 3,073
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by thekthai View Post
my is 416 not the we version..so what different man

thk Q

cant help post some of picture from other car or any pro driver car exit look different...
If I read your question right, the difference between the original 416 & the WE is it has a new lower chassis that moves the battery position forward a bit, a new one piece top deck that replaces the original two piece one, new low friction belts, new shock bodies with a different coating(hence the term HL, generally means High Lubrication) the newer short reversible suspension arms, some different suspension mounts to keep the car's width right(so the arms are shorter, but the car's width should be about the same), a new motor mount plate(I believe it holds up better to mod motors, less likely to warp, though I've never noticed any problem with the original one on mine) & a spool up front instead of a one-way. I think that's about it, though my memory could be faulty.....
Grizzbob is offline  
Old 08-25-2009, 09:46 PM
  #6349  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
tandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: airdrie
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I am thinking about trying out a 416we, what else do I need to order as far as tuning options go.....suspension blocks, anti-roll bars, etc.....
Any help or advice will be apreciated. I will be running outdoor asphalt and indoor carpet rubber tire.
Thanks.
tandman is offline  
Old 08-25-2009, 10:28 PM
  #6350  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (138)
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

get the on-road tuned spring set for sure
SammyZ is offline  
Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 PM
  #6351  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,140
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tandman View Post
I am thinking about trying out a 416we, what else do I need to order as far as tuning options go.....suspension blocks, anti-roll bars, etc.....
Any help or advice will be apreciated. I will be running outdoor asphalt and indoor carpet rubber tire.
Thanks.
There are only a few things that u may consider getting:-

1) Stell UJ Shaft (front)
2) Titanium turnbuckle (front top)

The stock anti roll bar c/w the kit is gd enuff (med: front, soft: rear).
jonest is offline  
Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 PM
  #6352  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (138)
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grizzbob View Post
If I read your question right, the difference between the original 416 & the WE is it has a new lower chassis that moves the battery position forward a bit, a new one piece top deck that replaces the original two piece one, new low friction belts, new shock bodies with a different coating(hence the term HL, generally means High Lubrication) the newer short reversible suspension arms, some different suspension mounts to keep the car's width right(so the arms are shorter, but the car's width should be about the same), a new motor mount plate(I believe it holds up better to mod motors, less likely to warp, though I've never noticed any problem with the original one on mine) & a spool up front instead of a one-way. I think that's about it, though my memory could be faulty.....
yep
SammyZ is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 12:56 AM
  #6353  
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 560
Default

Originally Posted by tandman View Post
I am thinking about trying out a 416we, what else do I need to order as far as tuning options go.....suspension blocks, anti-roll bars, etc.....
Any help or advice will be apreciated. I will be running outdoor asphalt and indoor carpet rubber tire.
Thanks.
The HPI blue, silver and gold springs for asphalt/rubber. Part numbers you find if you search in this thread. The Tamiya blue and white springs for carpet/rubber.
Maybe a set of 1D-1D suspension blocks for the front to add to the 1C-1C that comes with the car. 1E for the rear + the blocks needed in the front at the rear so you can vary toe in (2.5 and 3 degrees at least)
...and some spare parts...the plastic parts...if you chrash now and then as most of us...

...
Stein Tumert is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 02:47 AM
  #6354  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,326
Default

Originally Posted by jonest View Post
There are only a few things that u may consider getting:-

1) Stell UJ Shaft (front)
2) Titanium turnbuckle (front top)

The stock anti roll bar c/w the kit is gd enuff (med: front, soft: rear).
don't forget the Ti steering tie rod too. I bent two of my alum ones and gave up after that.
redbones is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 06:38 AM
  #6355  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,269
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

On my new kits, I like to toss the aluminum ball studs and use the black steel ones. Also, in the steering rack, I use the same ones as the kingpins, since they're long enough to use with 5mm of ackerman and don't bend easily.

The 2pc suspension mounts for the F/R position might be an option if you have trouble bending that piece. Also, the 2pc top deck from the original 416 kit is a nice tuning option if you plan to run on carpet, though lately I've been preferring the feel of the 1pc with the new chassis.

The Parma T2 bumper is almost a direct fit, and requires just a little modification. I hear they may be making a 416 version. Also, I like to run aluminum c-hubs or the IFS (soft) version, as they tend to break easily.
syndr0me is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 08:06 AM
  #6356  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (138)
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

do you have a part # for the black steel ball studs?
SammyZ is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 08:15 AM
  #6357  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,269
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
do you have a part # for the black steel ball studs?
53968 - 5mm steel ball studs
53969 - 8mm steel ball studs
syndr0me is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 06:14 PM
  #6358  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (85)
 
entitymugenmtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northridge ca
Posts: 2,248
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

I was looking into getting a TRF 416 WE is there anything I should know about this car before I start to build it? And what's the biggest battery that you can fit with out any mods like the Xray

Thanks David
entitymugenmtx is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 10:12 PM
  #6359  
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 560
Default

Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx View Post
I was looking into getting a TRF 416 WE is there anything I should know about this car before I start to build it? And what's the biggest battery that you can fit with out any mods like the Xray

Thanks David
All the hints are collected on TryHards website....


...
Stein Tumert is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 10:31 PM
  #6360  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx View Post
I was looking into getting a TRF 416 WE is there anything I should know about this car before I start to build it? And what's the biggest battery that you can fit with out any mods like the Xray

Thanks David
but set the car up as per Jilles basic asphalt set up when you build the car

it is better than the kit set up

i can get a 5000 lipo under the upper deck without problems
sidecarphil1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.