R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #5701
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
This gives more grip by lowering the rear RC. It also gives a very nice amount of camber change for most tracks


If you're loosing to an 009 in low grip then your setup does need some work It's pretty easy to see why you've got a bit of push though, so it's an easy fix. Your front rc is a bit high, and your rear rc is a bit low, the longer wheelbase is stopping rotation, and the no rear sway bar wont be helping in the fast bends

Here is my setup again, copy the roll centres and wheelbase and see how you go. I run this wheelbase everywhere and always have, it just seems spot on. Also, when you say you're running softer springs, what are they? and what is the ambient temp when you race
hi

cheers for the set up sheet i'll try it out

i use tamiya blue front and yellow rear , our track is low/medium grip and temp is again medium temps for europe

i also use Sorex32 tyres and somtimes if i'm feeling rich i use Vvec30s
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #5702
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,439
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
For only $49.99
Standard cost for something "optimized"...
__________________
SMOKEM --- XPRESS --- MONTECH --- SRT
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:53 AM   #5703
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penmark67 View Post
Ok then will see you at Whalan for the Nats , umm looking for something RED and Fast

Mark M
NICE! Make sure you come have a chat! My 3rd place setup from Whalan state titles last year is on thard.co.uk. If I was running a 416 this time around I'd run a lower front RC and a wider front track. The 50wt oil and silver springs all round were the hot ticket though

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
hi

cheers for the set up sheet i'll try it out

i use tamiya blue front and yellow rear , our track is low/medium grip and temp is again medium temps for europe

i also use Sorex32 tyres and somtimes if i'm feeling rich i use Vvec30s
No worries, the geometry of that setup (same as the base asphalt) is spot on in most circumstances. If you have the HPI springs, use them. If not, try tamiya white/blue and blue/yellow back to back... I reckon the harder will be faster. I've also found sorex 36s to be faster than 32s in all conditions. They are more responsive, even when its cold.
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #5704
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 703
Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)
Default

Does anybody know where I can find either the standard 416 (2.25mm) or we (also 2.25) lower decks in stock? Somewhere in the US or Asia preferably.

There are plenty of the optional 2.5mm chassis floating around out there, but i've got 2 seasons on the standard one and don't feel like changing such a big variable...
StickyFingaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #5705
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
Default

subscribed
Mayor*Philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #5706
Tech Elite
 
Vicko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Sticky try rc champ, I order my 416WC chassie from them on wendsday
and got it today in the mail... they are good and very fast to get stuff from
u have to e-mail them what u want with part # and they well e-mail u back
with pricing I get stuff from them all the time,
__________________
- ? -
Vicko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #5707
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 703
Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicko View Post
Sticky try rc champ, I order my 416WC chassie from them on wendsday
and got it today in the mail... they are good and very fast to get stuff from
u have to e-mail them what u want with part # and they well e-mail u back
with pricing I get stuff from them all the time,
Right on for the info, but Tamiyaland on ebay had one in stock. I will definitely try RC Champ for my next order... I like being able to see stuff on companies' online store though. Still, sounds like a great option.
StickyFingaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #5708
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I gave my 416 a good send off yesterday by winning the 10.5 class at the latest round of our interclub challenge here in NSW. The track was tight and technical, med grip, and corners marked with large metal domes that really punished you if you touched them. I had issues with them in qualifying but by the 3rd amain it all came good and I won overall on a countback

I also got to try the new Keyence 10.5 for the day (the TOP importer also brings them in). I didn't get a chance to play with the gearing, but although it was running cold it was still super fast down the straight and with good punch and brakes. Cant wait to do some more testing with it

Anyway here is possibly my last 416 setup. It's very similar to my last setup but with the speed 6 body and changes to the rear suspension and toe to suit the lower grip, lower speed, more technical layout
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-craigm-2009-hills-cup-castle-hill-raceway-20090614.jpg  
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc

Last edited by CraigM; 06-15-2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: typo on setup sheet
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:54 PM   #5709
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
I gave my 416 a good send off yesterday by winning the 10.5 class at the latest round of our interclub challenge here in NSW. The track was tight and technical, med grip, and corners marked with large metal domes that really punished you if you touched them. I had issues with them in qualifying but by the 3rd amain it all came good and I won overall on a countback

I also got to try the new Keyence 10.5 for the day (the TOP importer also brings them in). I didn't get a chance to play with the gearing, but although it was running cold it was still super fast down the straight and with good punch and brakes. Cant wait to do some more testing with it

Anyway here is possibly my last 416 setup. It's very similar to my last setup but with the speed 6 body and changes to the rear suspension and toe to suit the lower grip, lower speed, more technical layout
I could make a comment but it would be misread and some one would take offence thinking I'm a know it all and tell me where to go so..... whatever.
Hope that works for you ...
__________________
Pro-Line Racing , Boca Bearings , Competition Heat.
Team Durango DEX210, DEX410V3, DESC410R, DNX408
Futaba FAAST 2.4 4PkS, LRP, Tekin, Xcellorin
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #5710
Tech Master
 
Danny-b23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Posts: 1,335
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
I could make a comment but it would be misread and some one would take offence thinking I'm a know it all and tell me where to go so..... whatever.
Hope that works for you ...
There's also just not even commenting in the first place.
__________________
RC America|XRAY|ORCA|Motiv|EA Motorsports
Danny Buck
WCICS Rep - Round 1, Saskatoon, SK
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #5711
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
Hope that works for you
The laptimes said so yeah. I should have mentioned, the car was taily and lacked side bite.
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:09 AM   #5712
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,439
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
I could make a comment but it would be misread and some one would take offence thinking I'm a know it all and tell me where to go so..... whatever.
Hope that works for you ...
Dude he won a major event with the setup so it obviously worked for him. But please share your wisdom with us. Better yet, share it with everybody - they are waiting for you to post in your very own thread!

Craig, well done buddy. 2 big wins in the last month is nothing to sneeze at. Your input in this thread will be missed.
__________________
SMOKEM --- XPRESS --- MONTECH --- SRT
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:32 AM   #5713
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veecee View Post
Craig, well done buddy. 2 big wins in the last month is nothing to sneeze at. Your input in this thread will be missed.
Thanks Vinny, don't worry I'll still drop in
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:58 AM   #5714
Tech Fanatic
 
penmark67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 791
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
The laptimes said so yeah. I should have mentioned, the car was taily and lacked side bite.
Hey mate, interesting changes to your setup in that you took away rear toe for rotation reasons instead of looking for more front grip.

Obviously was faster where it counts (the podium)

Mark M
penmark67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #5715
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

TRF416WE maybe this week back in stock !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRF416 sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 15 01-09-2010 12:08 PM
TRF416 speedart Electric On-Road 26 06-27-2007 05:28 AM
new joke cyber3d Chat Lounge 5 08-02-2006 03:52 PM
another joke, OH no! corvettecrazy Chat Lounge 0 01-10-2004 10:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:18 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net