Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 06-10-2009, 01:47 PM
  #5686  
Tech Master
 
TheCoolCanFanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Watford
Posts: 1,738
Default

Do the 416 shocks fit the Cyclone TC?
Cheers Malc TCCFM
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline  
Old 06-10-2009, 05:53 PM
  #5687  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
sonic31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hollywood,FL.
Posts: 765
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

i've ran my old tamiya shocks on my old cyclone, so to my knowledge they should work just fine.
sonic31 is offline  
Old 06-10-2009, 06:00 PM
  #5688  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
sonic31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hollywood,FL.
Posts: 765
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

cool can... i use this in my tamiya shocks with great results: hot bodies #70723 rod guide and traxxas #2362(the o-rings are like x-rings style)
sonic31 is offline  
Old 06-10-2009, 07:50 PM
  #5689  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by penmark67 View Post
OK , lets talk money ,....how much is it going to cost me to get you to the SA Titles and..............setup my car whilst here
a 2mx1.5m spot on your living room floor would be a start

I've looked into coming over as the track looks like one of the best in the country, but there's no flights early enough to let me fly in Saturday morning and out Sunday night, so I'd need to take 2 days off work... selling that, plus the cost of airfares and accomodation, plus a weekend away to the missus is a bit of a challenge... plus I get my red car next week

FYI if I was going to go I would be starting with something similar to the worlds setup (as posted in the jilles groskamp thread) there

-Craig
CraigM is offline  
Old 06-10-2009, 09:51 PM
  #5690  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

REDRUM
John St.Amant is offline  
Old 06-10-2009, 11:50 PM
  #5691  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,442
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Looks like the "middle hole" shock towers have been released. The only difference seems to be a small notch in the middle of the tower, along the bottom edge. I'm guessing they make it easier for you to balance the car left-to-right. The holes for the shocks themselves look to be in the same locations but hard to tell without seeing both together. Part numbers are 84086 and 84087.
veecee is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 12:09 AM
  #5692  
Tech Master
iTrader: (32)
 
chrisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Vincent you are still alive

Have you found anywere to run?

You havent swine flu living in Melbourne?
chrisk is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 12:17 AM
  #5693  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,442
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Hey Chris! Yeh I've reconnected with the "outside" now that my internet connection has finally been sorted. It is pretty cold down here in the swine flu capital of Oz... I'm itching to have a race but the last couple of Wednesday nights and Sundays have been rained out. The tracks here are a bit further from the city as well - most are 30+ minutes away. So no more 10 minute trips to SMA. If I forget anything, I might as well pack up and go home! There is a track that runs F1 down here so I'll get into that once the F104 is released.
veecee is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 12:34 AM
  #5694  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by veecee View Post
Looks like the "middle hole" shock towers have been released. The only difference seems to be a small notch in the middle of the tower, along the bottom edge. I'm guessing they make it easier for you to balance the car left-to-right. The holes for the shocks themselves look to be in the same locations but hard to tell without seeing both together. Part numbers are 84086 and 84087.
They are copying the TOP
CraigM is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 12:40 AM
  #5695  
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 745
Default

Actually that was already out on the TA05MS shock towers, so who's copying who then?
Skitee is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 01:10 AM
  #5696  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,442
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
They are copying the TOP
So it's like THAT now is it???
veecee is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 02:26 AM
  #5697  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Skitee View Post
Actually that was already out on the TA05MS shock towers, so who's copying who then?
Originally Posted by veecee View Post
So it's like THAT now is it???


it's a really cool idea actually, I imagine hudy are sitting at home going "damn" because sales of their balancing tool will slow. I'm sure we'll see hudy brand "balancing line" offering superior luxury performance over standard fishing line
CraigM is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 04:59 AM
  #5698  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (14)
 
penmark67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 791
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Hmmm.......

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
a 2mx1.5m spot on your living room floor would be a start

I've looked into coming over as the track looks like one of the best in the country, but there's no flights early enough to let me fly in Saturday morning and out Sunday night, so I'd need to take 2 days off work... selling that, plus the cost of airfares and accomodation, plus a weekend away to the missus is a bit of a challenge... plus I get my red car next week

FYI if I was going to go I would be starting with something similar to the worlds setup (as posted in the jilles groskamp thread) there

-Craig
Ok then will see you at Whalan for the Nats , umm looking for something RED and Fast

Mark M
penmark67 is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 09:55 AM
  #5699  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post


it's a really cool idea actually, I imagine hudy are sitting at home going "damn" because sales of their balancing tool will slow. I'm sure we'll see hudy brand "balancing line" offering superior luxury performance over standard fishing line
For only $49.99
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 11:20 AM
  #5700  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
For only $49.99
John St.Amant is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.