Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 04-01-2009, 01:15 AM
  #4981  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,279
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

some 416WE upper deck arrive again !
RC MARKET is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 11:35 AM
  #4982  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
g12314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, IL.
Posts: 1,294
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
some 416WE upper deck arrive again !
Great news! Got my order in TODAY .

Jimmy
g12314 is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 07:20 AM
  #4983  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (138)
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

when using short reversible susp arm, does it affect width? do you need to use 42mm CVD's?
SammyZ is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 07:54 AM
  #4984  
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,564
Default

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
when using short reversible susp arm, does it affect width? do you need to use 42mm CVD's?
The 416WE use 42mm rear CVD and 44mm front CVD.
dameetz is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 08:13 AM
  #4985  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,447
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I don't have the WE, but on my 416 with short arms, I run 42mm Ti bones in the rear and 46mm steel bones up front. In the rear I run either 1XA/1E block or 1A/1E blocks (pending on surface/track/motor). Up front I run 1C/1C.
JimmyMac is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 04:52 PM
  #4986  
Tech Apprentice
 
sakaguchinet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gruendau, Germany
Posts: 95
Default

Hello,

finally the Difftools made by WAS-Racing (one of the sponsors of the TRF World Racing Team Drivers) arrived. They should be used, when setting up a new diff (or setting an old diff). Best results are achieved with sandpaper (#2000). From now the Difftool will be available at several dealers. Please see the pictures:
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-was_difftool_1.jpg   Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-was_difftool_3.jpg  
sakaguchinet is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 07:49 PM
  #4987  
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,564
Default

Originally Posted by sakaguchinet
Hello,

finally the Difftools made by WAS-Racing (one of the sponsors of the TRF World Racing Team Drivers) arrived. They should be used, when setting up a new diff (or setting an old diff). Best results are achieved with sandpaper (#2000). From now the Difftool will be available at several dealers. Please see the pictures:
What does that thing do actually?
dameetz is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 07:59 PM
  #4988  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sakaguchinet
Hello,

finally the Difftools made by WAS-Racing (one of the sponsors of the TRF World Racing Team Drivers) arrived. They should be used, when setting up a new diff (or setting an old diff). Best results are achieved with sandpaper (#2000). From now the Difftool will be available at several dealers. Please see the pictures:
Originally Posted by dameetz
What does that thing do actually?
What it does is hold your drive ring while you polish it . So it is for all intensive pourposes a waste of time. All you really need is the diff half with out the bearing race on it. use figure eight and circular motions while sanding with like 600 or 800 grit wet dry sand paper. Then build your diff.... Belisima!

Last edited by John St.Amant; 04-04-2009 at 11:31 AM.
John St.Amant is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 08:01 PM
  #4989  
Tech Addict
 
Adam?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ohhh, that guy...
Posts: 639
Default

Originally Posted by dameetz
What does that thing do actually?
Holds diff rings while you're sanding them so you don't grind the skin off your fingers.
Adam? is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 09:18 PM
  #4990  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
over gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,160
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

are you suppose to sand both side of the diff ring?
over gear is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 09:59 PM
  #4991  
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,564
Default

Originally Posted by Adam?
Holds diff rings while you're sanding them so you don't grind the skin off your fingers.
Originally Posted by John St.Amant
What it does is hold your drive ring while you polish it . So it is for all intensive pourposes a waste of time. All you really need is the diff half with out the bearing race on it. use figure eight and circular motions while sandinf with like 600 or 800 grit wet dry sand paper. Then build your diff.... Belisima!
When do I actually need to sand my diff rings? Is there any indication?
dameetz is offline  
Old 04-03-2009, 10:13 PM
  #4992  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,447
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dameetz
When do I actually need to sand my diff rings? Is there any indication?
When you build the diff for the first time.
JimmyMac is offline  
Old 04-04-2009, 01:30 AM
  #4993  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,279
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sakaguchinet
Hello,

finally the Difftools made by WAS-Racing (one of the sponsors of the TRF World Racing Team Drivers) arrived. They should be used, when setting up a new diff (or setting an old diff). Best results are achieved with sandpaper (#2000). From now the Difftool will be available at several dealers. Please see the pictures:
Yes MUCH MORE was release
RC MARKET is offline  
Old 04-04-2009, 11:29 AM
  #4994  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dameetz
When do I actually need to sand my diff rings? Is there any indication?
I did .. read it again. The whole thing this time.

I highly recomend sanding atleast the side of the drive ring that makes contact with the diff balls.
This provides a smoother and flatter surface for the diff balls to roll on. It makes your diff more efficient , it doesnt have to be as tight to have the same feel on the track. Only one side is necessary but do both rings. Try it at home and believe your eyes... and fingers!
John St.Amant is offline  
Old 04-04-2009, 11:39 AM
  #4995  
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,564
Default

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
I did .. read it again. The whole thing this time.

I highly recomend sanding atleast the side of the drive ring that makes contact with the diff balls.
This provides a smoother and flatter surface for the diff balls to roll on. It makes your diff more efficient , it doesnt have to be as tight to have the same feel on the track. Only one side is necessary but do both rings. Try it at home and believe your eyes... and fingers!
OK I ll try it. Thanks for sharing the info.
dameetz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.