Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dameetz
Was Marc using the Tamiya LRP or SP GT2.0 Pro esc?
If you take a look at the website you will see there is a tech chart for the A-finalists

http://tcm2009.lrp.cc/fileadmin/PDFs...chChart_fv.pdf

Old 03-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Thumbs up Info

Hi I wanted to get some experienced info on the 416 WCE. I am a soon to be former Yokomo BDM driver and I loved the car. I actually wanted the new BD-5 but have just found out it seems it will not be imported to USA. My next choice(maybe should have been first choice) is the 416 WCE. But I had some general questions. They are:

1. How durable is the 416. I don't expect magic but want a car that is durable enough that I don't have to carry a complete car for spares.
2. What items typically break on the car?
3. How easy is it to get parts for it. What are the best places online to get parts in USA or other.
4. Where can I go to get good setup starting points. I am pretty experienced in setup being a former regional champ(many years ago, lol) but always want guidelines

Thanks in advance for any info!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How do all... was racing at Eastbourne (UK) this weekend and was struggling for front end grip all day.

It was blooming cold, and it is a low grip track, but no matter what I did nothing was working... took 1mm off the inner camber link, turned the "hub hat" upside down and shimmed took all the roll bars off 40w with tamiya blues alround, more rear droop....

All this resorted in was nearly sideways (if in too hot) around the sweeper and still no front end bite....

Would less spacers for more ackerman helped?

I didnt really want to loose rear end traction (13.5) as the grip was low anyhow... so I left it to altering the front end...

shock possitions 3 front 5 rear with CC up front and E at the rear with 1mm hex shim and the .5m under the rear blocks.

although I pulled 4th out of the bag, it still was not right so any ideas welcome
Old 03-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Try a narrower front track width (e.g. B-B blocks with the short arms). That's what I almost always run outdoors.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fpart
Hi I wanted to get some experienced info on the 416 WCE. I am a soon to be former Yokomo BDM driver and I loved the car. I actually wanted the new BD-5 but have just found out it seems it will not be imported to USA. My next choice(maybe should have been first choice) is the 416 WCE. But I had some general questions. They are:

1. How durable is the 416. I don't expect magic but want a car that is durable enough that I don't have to carry a complete car for spares.
2. What items typically break on the car?
3. How easy is it to get parts for it. What are the best places online to get parts in USA or other.
4. Where can I go to get good setup starting points. I am pretty experienced in setup being a former regional champ(many years ago, lol) but always want guidelines

Thanks in advance for any info!

You find tons of useful 416 info at Tryhards site
http://www.thard.co.uk/

Old 03-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default Setups

Why is it that there arent many setups for the 416 by the "experts".

Many of the sites for other cars publish the top drivers but i never hardly see setups for Marc or Jilles?
Old 03-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wide_mouth_frog
How do all... was racing at Eastbourne (UK) this weekend and was struggling for front end grip all day.

It was blooming cold, and it is a low grip track, but no matter what I did nothing was working... took 1mm off the inner camber link, turned the "hub hat" upside down and shimmed took all the roll bars off 40w with tamiya blues alround, more rear droop....

All this resorted in was nearly sideways (if in too hot) around the sweeper and still no front end bite....

Would less spacers for more ackerman helped?

I didnt really want to loose rear end traction (13.5) as the grip was low anyhow... so I left it to altering the front end...

shock possitions 3 front 5 rear with CC up front and E at the rear with 1mm hex shim and the .5m under the rear blocks.

although I pulled 4th out of the bag, it still was not right so any ideas welcome
Hmm, where were you running the shocks in the arm? 1 or 2? Could have tried moving it back into 2 on the arm, if in 1.
Maybe 4.5mm or 4mm might have worked better for initial bite, but maybe would have lost some eleswhere. Could also have narrowed the car down, with 0.5mm or 0mm on the hexes.... erm other ideas, softer oil in the front?

I take it that was the STCC? Might have to break mine out at some point outdoors this year....I'm getting the itch already
Old 03-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stuartb

Many of the sites for other cars publish the top drivers but i never hardly see setups for Marc or Jilles?
Simple answer.... cause there is not really any impetus from anyone within TRF to do so

I know TRF USA is giving it a stab (massively comendable guys ), but from the EU and Japan boys and girls, it's a bit hard... Jilles poped on here for a while, but hasn't been here for a long time now.

Also, Marc is quite reknowned for not noting down his setups

Any of the ones you find, will tend to be taken by other people at the races, and then passed on...

HiH
Ed
Old 03-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stuartb

Super secret LOL
Old 03-30-2009, 02:14 PM
JGH
Tech Adept

Hello guys,

You guys are absolutely right about the fact that we don't share a lot of info and set-ups on this forum.
I have tried to keep up in the beginning on the TRF 416 topic but there are so many posts I get a little confused.

Nevertheless I try to get more involved in the forum again or maybe if you guys think it's a good idea I can start my own thread?

Attached is my set-up from the LRP race yesterday.

Jilles Groskamp
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-scannen0004.jpg  
Old 03-30-2009, 02:18 PM
JGH
Tech Adept

This one is easier to check!
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-scannen0005.jpg  
Old 03-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Jilles,

Thats fantastic, thank you lots Congrats on the result yesterday (and the ETS too), no-one can get near the TRF EU team at the moment

Whatever's easiest for you to do... I'm sure you would get loads of people asking you about your setups, and general Q's in your own thread (Paul L has one as well).

Also, if you like, please feel free to add any pointers onto my site... I do already have some setup's from yourself on there, so feel free to add them in, and any other tips you feel useful. Thard.co.uk

You taking the time out to post here is greatly appreciated.

One thing I'd like to ask... If you had a bit too much rotation on the rear, would you change the rear roll bar or rear shocks first? I've been running a medium rear bar for the past year on the car, and found it better... however I recently switched to running equal weight oils in the shocks, and noticed it now seemed a bit too loose, so I guess that's why you guys are running the softer rear bar?

Cheers
Ed

Last edited by TryHard; 03-30-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JGH
Hello guys,

You guys are absolutely right about the fact that we don't share a lot of info and set-ups on this forum.
I have tried to keep up in the beginning on the TRF 416 topic but there are so many posts I get a little confused.

Nevertheless I try to get more involved in the forum again or maybe if you guys think it's a good idea I can start my own thread?

Attached is my set-up from the LRP race yesterday.

Jilles Groskamp
Jilles Groskamp,

You are my new hero! Thank you for stepping up to the plate and helping us out. Your the Man!!!

Last edited by CHRIS CHAVEZ; 03-30-2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Jilles!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Jilles do you have any set up for foam on carpet?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.