Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 02-13-2009, 07:14 PM
  #4411  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Can I get a little help from some of you longtime Tamiya guys? Tower hobbies has Tamiya parts but I'm having the hardest time trying to locate a couple of parts. I tried searching using the Tamiya part number but nothing comes up. Lokking through a couple of pages I didn't see them. I'm trying to order the following items.
TAM53572- 2hole piston
TAM51065- 1B pivot block
TAM53932- 0.5 shims
TAM53933- 1mm shims


If tower doesn't carry these is there somewhere stateside that I could order these from? Speedtech is out of stock on some of these items. Thanks for any help you can give me
Tamiyausa.com had everything but the 1mm shims in stock. I've never used them myself, but you could always stack the .5's if you did need 1mm.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 02-13-2009, 09:05 PM
  #4412  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,528
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
Tamiyausa.com had everything but the 1mm shims in stock. I've never used them myself, but you could always stack the .5's if you did need 1mm.

I'll go look there but I was told that they charge full retail to try to get people to support the hobbyshops and other stores.
STLNLST is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 09:15 AM
  #4413  
Tech Master
iTrader: (72)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SAN DIEGO
Posts: 1,218
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

That's true, but sometimes you just don't have a choice. Have you tried ampdraw hobbies?
patrick is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 09:51 AM
  #4414  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Can I get a little help from some of you longtime Tamiya guys? Tower hobbies has Tamiya parts but I'm having the hardest time trying to locate a couple of parts. I tried searching using the Tamiya part number but nothing comes up. Lokking through a couple of pages I didn't see them. I'm trying to order the following items.
TAM53572- 2hole piston
TAM51065- 1B pivot block
TAM53932- 0.5 shims
TAM53933- 1mm shims


If tower doesn't carry these is there somewhere stateside that I could order these from? Speedtech is out of stock on some of these items. Thanks for any help you can give me

Try calling Larry's Performence R/C's . I was there last night and I think he may have most of that . (586) 997-4840 they can ship it 2 you .
John St.Amant is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 10:11 AM
  #4415  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I'll go look there but I was told that they charge full retail to try to get people to support the hobbyshops and other stores.
Luckily those parts are all pretty cheap so it doesn't hurt quite as much
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 11:01 AM
  #4416  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,528
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by patrick View Post
That's true, but sometimes you just don't have a choice. Have you tried ampdraw hobbies?
I will try them today. Thanks.
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
Try calling Larry's Performence R/C's . I was there last night and I think he may have most of that . (586) 997-4840 they can ship it 2 you .
Called them and they don't have the main item I'm looking for. They will be stored in my phone though.
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
Luckily those parts are all pretty cheap so it doesn't hurt quite as much
Man I wish I was sponsored....
STLNLST is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 11:32 AM
  #4417  
Tech Fanatic
 
gansei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bander, Seoul
Posts: 890
Default damper oil leak.

hi!!
i am using Competition O-Rings For Oil Dampers(42137, blue color o-ring)
i got damper oil leak problem.
i see this message from o-ring product information
"If oil leaks out, use separately available shims (53586 4mm shims) to adjust clearance"
What is this clearance? between O-ring and TRF Damper Rod Guide?
i wonder what is standard method for adjusting the clearance.
gansei is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 11:49 AM
  #4418  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gansei View Post
hi!!
i am using Competition O-Rings For Oil Dampers(42137, blue color o-ring)
i got damper oil leak problem.
i see this message from o-ring product information
"If oil leaks out, use separately available shims (53586 4mm shims) to adjust clearance"
What is this clearance? between O-ring and TRF Damper Rod Guide?
i wonder what is standard method for adjusting the clearance.
I've built up a couple sets of shocks with the new TRF o-rings so far and haven't had any problems with leaking as of yet.

If you are having a problem with leaking though, take apart the shock cartridge assembly, and place a 4 x .1mm shim in before the first shock shaft guide shim. This will tighten down the assembly a bit as the TRF o-rings are slightly smaller than the stock o-rings. If the leaking continues add another shim or switch to a 4 x .2mm shim.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 11:55 AM
  #4419  
Tech Fanatic
 
gansei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bander, Seoul
Posts: 890
Default

Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
I've built up a couple sets of shocks with the new TRF o-rings so far and haven't had any problems with leaking as of yet.

If you are having a problem with leaking though, take apart the shock cartridge assembly, and place a 4 x .1mm shim in before the first shock shaft guide shim. This will tighten down the assembly a bit as the TRF o-rings are slightly smaller than the stock o-rings. If the leaking continues add another shim or switch to a 4 x .2mm shim.

Thanks a lot!! I will try!!
gansei is offline  
Old 02-14-2009, 07:28 PM
  #4420  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I will try them today. Thanks.

Called them and they don't have the main item I'm looking for. They will be stored in my phone though.

Man I wish I was sponsored....
call up jeff at speedtech..... he places my orders the same day. only delay i experienced was when tamiya was doing inventory for two weeks.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 06:55 AM
  #4421  
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,556
Default

Just want to share my joy with you guys. I TQed and won the A main driving this car during. It was my first electric TC race in an indoor carpet track with control tyres. The car was spot on from the very first I drove it. I m the only one driving a Tamiya in the A main which surrounded by XRay T2009 and yet I won. I m really loving this car.

* Disregard my red polo shirts, its a Kyosho (my nitro cars), as i still havent got Tamiya shirts yet....
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-image011.jpg  
dameetz is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 07:03 AM
  #4422  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,267
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
Just want to share my joy with you guys. I TQed and won the A main driving this car during. It was my first electric TC race in an indoor carpet track with control tyres. The car was spot on from the very first I drove it. I m the only one driving a Tamiya in the A main which surrounded by XRay T2009 and yet I won. I m really loving this car.

* Disregard my red polo shirts, its a Kyosho (my nitro cars), as i still havent got Tamiya shirts yet....

good !
RC MARKET is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 02:02 PM
  #4423  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bournemouth.UK
Posts: 59
Default motor cooling

hi guys, firstly thankyou to all who posted there opinions on my belt tension question, from the replies i'll be leaving mine loose..

my new question is.. im getting ready for the outdoor season now in the UK and shifting weight around in the car. im running 10.5 brushless and dont know whether to bother with my LRP motor cooling fan/heatsink as this adds even more weight to the motor side of the car making it harder to equally balance. would you guys generally run a fan outdoors regardless or is it really not worth it as brushless isnt quite so effected by heat or is a heatsink/fan a must outdoors with the insane gear ratios required at times, your opinions here will be gratefully received..
mark williams is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 04:59 PM
  #4424  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I always run it outdoors with my 10.5, but I'd be interested to know how a motor temps with and without it at the same gearing. I was told by a friend that it makes about a 20 degree difference, so that would let you gear up around 2 extra teeth on the pinion compared to running without the fan. I'm getting a new speedo and motor this week so I might do some testing when they arrive
CraigM is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 08:05 PM
  #4425  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
Good, how have you been?
guys, need some urgent help here...

how to balance left n right weight after u change to LIPO?
kschu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.