Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 01-24-2009, 10:02 AM
  #4141  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kail View Post
Anyone can give a fair comparison between 416 and the wce edition? Thanks!
I'm going to put the set up from the new car on the old one. I will give you a report soon.
John St.Amant is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 10:18 AM
  #4142  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (17)
 
StickyFingaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 703
Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
And my WC kit is slowly turning into a car
Hey Randy,

I know this is off topic, but how are those Orion Servos?
StickyFingaz is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 10:27 AM
  #4143  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by StickyFingaz View Post
Hey Randy,

I know this is off topic, but how are those Orion Servos?
If they are the KO servos . I bet thay are awesome . I currently am using a 2413... I love it!
John St.Amant is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 10:59 AM
  #4144  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 00000
Posts: 4,180
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
Thanks, any more building tips? I just filed the front and rear edges of the upper deck as it seem to be a bit longer. I noticed this when I trial fit it with front, rear bulkhead and steering system assembled. Somehow I have force it into place. Now it fits nicely. Did you guys also filed the upper deck? I hope i made the right move.
I filed some relief from the front and back of the upper deck. Given its virgin form, it was causing some tweak in the chassis when installed on a surface plate.
MDawson is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 11:19 AM
  #4145  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,370
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
Thanks, any more building tips? I just filed the front and rear edges of the upper deck as it seem to be a bit longer. I noticed this when I trial fit it with front, rear bulkhead and steering system assembled. Somehow I have force it into place. Now it fits nicely. Did you guys also filed the upper deck? I hope i made the right move.
TRF416 things to know....

Both your points are in there already

HiH
Ed
TryHard is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 12:36 PM
  #4146  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by StickyFingaz View Post
Hey Randy,

I know this is off topic, but how are those Orion Servos?
They have been good so far for me, I'm using the 1409's in my sedans and so far they have all centered perfectly and have plenty of speed/torque.

KO is not the manufacturer
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 12:44 PM
  #4147  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,532
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
The paint scheme is only for me!
I'll race ya for it.....
STLNLST is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 02:21 PM
  #4148  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I'll race ya for it.....
Ya gotta wait for the ROAR nats for me to run superstock or just drop 10 turns on your motor and I'll race ya anytime
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 03:51 PM
  #4149  
Tech Addict
 
Adam?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ohhh, that guy...
Posts: 639
Default

Do you think expanding its stock team in the US would help Tamiya's presence in the market? It seems like picking up some stock drivers across the midwest and east coast might help with more grassroots interest. I know there's sort of a negative stigma about sponsoring people that race stock, but it seems to have worked out pretty well for the likes of Corally and XRay.
Adam? is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 07:36 PM
  #4150  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Just finished up my kit.

The LiPo fit is going to be close, but I've got it figured out in my head, going to order some TQ Racing 13 gauge wire tonight, supposed to be very thin but shouldn't have any problems handling a 3.5-4.5 motor.

My transponders should arrive this week as well, so I'll mount one of those in and get a pic of the wiring when it's all completed.

Pics were taken with my cell phone, so they kinda suck.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-1232854184448.jpg   Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-1232854204756.jpg   Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-1232854227704.jpg  
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 07:39 PM
  #4151  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Adam? View Post
Do you think expanding its stock team in the US would help Tamiya's presence in the market? It seems like picking up some stock drivers across the midwest and east coast might help with more grassroots interest. I know there's sort of a negative stigma about sponsoring people that race stock, but it seems to have worked out pretty well for the likes of Corally and XRay.
Do you mean drivers in the 50-65% range, or traveling factory drivers?
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 08:08 PM
  #4152  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
Just finished up my kit.

The LiPo fit is going to be close, but I've got it figured out in my head, going to order some TQ Racing 13 gauge wire tonight, supposed to be very thin but shouldn't have any problems handling a 3.5-4.5 motor.

My transponders should arrive this week as well, so I'll mount one of those in and get a pic of the wiring when it's all completed.

Pics were taken with my cell phone, so they kinda suck.
Oh man,,, Such a tiny reciever but what a HUGE servo!
Lets see your wiring work Randy! Wish we had a mod class around here.
John St.Amant is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 09:07 PM
  #4153  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Since were showing chassis...

My wiring is such hack, cannot come close to Randy or the like... But I bet my diff covers are unique.. And is it sacrilege to have spring steel turnbuckles ?

Last edited by TimPotter; 02-28-2009 at 09:12 PM.
TimPotter is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 09:23 PM
  #4154  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
Oh man,,, Such a tiny reciever but what a HUGE servo!
Lets see your wiring work Randy! Wish we had a mod class around here.
I've had issues with the low profile servos not centering as well as the standard ones, so now that the receivers and ESC's are getting so small it's no problem to fit a full size servo and still have a ton of room between the ESC and motor.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 09:33 PM
  #4155  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (40)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,174
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Randy,

Car looks awesome!! Hey we will be running mod at crystal park tomorrow if your not working. Racing starts at 9 am....Barry should be there running nitro.
King of B Main is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.