Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 01-15-2009, 04:32 AM
  #4006  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,442
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kalel View Post
I just wondering if anybody can tell me is there any front differential part for TRF 416? What is the part number for it? Thanks
Same as rear diff.
veecee is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 05:46 AM
  #4007  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by veecee View Post
Same as rear diff.
Thanks
Kalel is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 05:52 AM
  #4008  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
JCarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dayton,OH
Posts: 1,338
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
So over all, how much stuff has broken? I mean, thats it. Or have you broken casters, and knuckles here and there?
The only thing I have had to replace on the car was a bent screw. I did get the car second hand though and didn't think about the other parts being replaced already. I know I have put the car through a serious torture test and it is very tough.
JCarr is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 05:54 AM
  #4009  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 472
Default

I am thinking of getting the 416 and would like to know which kit I should get the 416 reg or the 416 world kit and what is the largest lipo pack can be use in either kit, do I need any other hopup for these kits or it is fine as is any info would be appreciated.
Ramyuras is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 06:00 AM
  #4010  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I would suggest the 416WE, it has all the optional parts that people are running on thier original 416. I have been running the SMC 5000 28c pack, and it fits right in...

Originally Posted by Ramyuras View Post
I am thinking of getting the 416 and would like to know which kit I should get the 416 reg or the 416 world kit and what is the largest lipo pack can be use in either kit, do I need any other hopup for these kits or it is fine as is any info would be appreciated.
TimPotter is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 06:00 AM
  #4011  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ramyuras View Post
I am thinking of getting the 416 and would like to know which kit I should get the 416 reg or the 416 world kit and what is the largest lipo pack can be use in either kit, do I need any other hopup for these kits or it is fine as is any info would be appreciated.
an SMC 5000 lightning volts is going to be the fastest thing u can put in there .. but the deans connector sucks..
John St.Amant is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 06:08 AM
  #4012  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 472
Default

Thank you guys.
Ramyuras is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 06:49 AM
  #4013  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
He made me a deal that I couldn't pass up. Basically he made my mind up for me
First Orion, now Tamiya... you stalking me?
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 06:52 AM
  #4014  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
A friend of mine got a 416WE, on the very first drive he broke the front plastic drive cup from the stock solid diff without hitting anything. Does tamiya or any other company has an upgrade for this? At the moment he's opted to get a normal diff up front which has aluminium drive cup.
That seriously seems like a fluke... I have chipped the outer edge of one when I bent an aluminum bone on a hard hit, but I haven't been able to brake one of the plastic cups. As of this time nobody I know of has an upgrade for the stock one, I would suggest he put a new outdrive on it and try again, with the aluminum outer sleeve it should be extremely durable.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 08:12 AM
  #4015  
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,556
Default

Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
an SMC 5000 lightning volts is going to be the fastest thing u can put in there .. but the deans connector sucks..
Any suggestion on which connector is good or better that deans? All my packs are deans and i m thinking of trying the Traxxas connector. By the way is intellect 3800 35C a good battery?
dameetz is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 08:14 AM
  #4016  
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,556
Default

Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
That seriously seems like a fluke... I have chipped the outer edge of one when I bent an aluminum bone on a hard hit, but I haven't been able to brake one of the plastic cups. As of this time nobody I know of has an upgrade for the stock one, I would suggest he put a new outdrive on it and try again, with the aluminum outer sleeve it should be extremely durable.
Thanks for the advice. Will this fit? http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-evo...th=595_744_710
dameetz is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 08:30 AM
  #4017  
Tech Addict
 
Adam?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ohhh, that guy...
Posts: 639
Default

Originally Posted by doriftu View Post
Adam,
how do you remove the shoo goo? What solvent you use or u just yank them out?
In the past, I've been able to just peel them off with some force. The shoo goo can be removed from the case by hand. It does tend to discolor the plastic a bit. The trick is to try and not bend your weights so you can reuse them down the road.

Lots of activity in this thread lately. It's good to see more interest in this car stateside. Perhaps other hobby shops will start stocking more parts. I mentioned to Stormer that I'd love to buy parts from them, and they said they've been considering carrying 416 stuff, so we'll see.
Adam? is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 08:47 AM
  #4018  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
JCarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dayton,OH
Posts: 1,338
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Adam? View Post
In the past, I've been able to just peel them off with some force. The shoo goo can be removed from the case by hand. It does tend to discolor the plastic a bit. The trick is to try and not bend your weights so you can reuse them down the road.

Lots of activity in this thread lately. It's good to see more interest in this car stateside. Perhaps other hobby shops will start stocking more parts. I mentioned to Stormer that I'd love to buy parts from them, and they said they've been considering carrying 416 stuff, so we'll see.
I hope they do, I would probably get all my parts from there.
JCarr is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 09:58 AM
  #4019  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,528
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
First Orion, now Tamiya... you stalking me?
It looks that way huh Orion sponsors me so I followed you there but Tamiya hasn't shown any love I had BMI too but after I left Schumacher and he stopped doing TC stuff it went away Maybe I'll lock my keys in my car with it running and complete my Caster transformation
STLNLST is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 10:22 AM
  #4020  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lund, Sweden
Posts: 159
Default

Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
A friend of mine got a 416WE, on the very first drive he broke the front plastic drive cup from the stock solid diff without hitting anything. Does tamiya or any other company has an upgrade for this? At the moment he's opted to get a normal diff up front which has aluminium drive cup.
Make sure that the 44mm driveshafts are in the front or the spool outdrives will break in notime.
Mr_Orange is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.