Old 11-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

you guys are all wrong:

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/dcr0665l.jpg
Old 11-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
guys...just hit the ignore button on John's name and you will not have to listen to his crap anymore.

I am doing it now.
Good advice. Done and done.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redbones
i think redbones is right. he has a photo of the actual event.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

eviva Redbones

are there any set-ups know already, used in Thailand?
Old 11-15-2008, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

Wicopedia is edited by the general public and is generally correct.. But like these forums can be changed to whatever you want it to say. So go ahead and ignore me and lose an objective perspective. For every action there is an equal and oposite reaction. And just because you win a local race you could just be the fastest bloke in a group of posers and otherwise not so fast individuals. I could get brash and realy tell you all what to do but I'm far beyond playing games. Right or wrong.... most of you have relied on some language barrier that for some reason messes up what message I have tried to communicate . So whatever you do... to whomever you do it to... what comes around , goes around. Insulting someone 10,000 miles .. oh sorry 16,000 kilometers away isn't the same as saying it to my face. Nor in jest do you accept constructive critisism. Seems some persons understood exactly what point was spoken. Except the ones that have used a translator from english to... whatever. The tire thing .. none of you understood what psychology I used there. I made a point in an obscure way and it would seem that your top plates are not the only things with lose or missing screws. Quote me .... slander me.... whatever . Better yet! RACE ME.
It's difficult to take advice from someone 2 laps down. Foam is for pan cars.
Tyre is a mans name. Tires are something to mount on a wheel and provide grip or traction. (not gription) Antidisestablishmentarinism is against the government and war should be fought on a race track. I don't care what car you drive , where you come from, the color of your skin, your religion, or even if you are a PC or a Mac. There is always someone faster , smarter, better looking, richer, whatever! I dont read between the lines nor do I sugar coat the truth. I do listen to about half of what I hear and half of what I see. And I don't do half bad! I'm not mean or judgmental nor do I hold grudges. But I never forget an *** ****. I love my 416 ! Tamiya rules. If you ever disrespect one of my friends or drive like a punk, you will surely have no fun racing with me. I respect my fellow racers. But I will be damned if some sponsored driver calls me a hack when the incident was entirely his fault. One person replied and understood my message. Call it a language barrier if you didn't get it. but your febal attempts are of no consequence to me , now that I know the mentality of the individuals I'm dealing with.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:02 AM
Tech Master

I bet you would love to argue about what the difference between a wheel, a rim, and tire is. So simple a cave man can do it!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Wicopedia is edited by the general public and is generally correct.. But like these forums can be changed to whatever you want it to say. So go ahead and ignore me and lose an objective perspective. For every action there is an equal and oposite reaction. And just because you win a local race you could just be the fastest bloke in a group of posers and otherwise not so fast individuals. I could get brash and realy tell you all what to do but I'm far beyond playing games. Right or wrong.... most of you have relied on some language barrier that for some reason messes up what message I have tried to communicate . So whatever you do... to whomever you do it to... what comes around , goes around. Insulting someone 10,000 miles .. oh sorry 16,000 kilometers away isn't the same as saying it to my face. Nor in jest do you accept constructive critisism. Seems some persons understood exactly what point was spoken. Except the ones that have used a translator from english to... whatever. The tire thing .. none of you understood what psychology I used there. I made a point in an obscure way and it would seem that your top plates are not the only things with lose or missing screws. Quote me .... slander me.... whatever . Better yet! RACE ME.
It's difficult to take advice from someone 2 laps down. Foam is for pan cars.
Tyre is a mans name. Tires are something to mount on a wheel and provide grip or traction. (not gription) Antidisestablishmentarinism is against the government and war should be fought on a race track. I don't care what car you drive , where you come from, the color of your skin, your religion, or even if you are a PC or a Mac. There is always someone faster , smarter, better looking, richer, whatever! I dont read between the lines nor do I sugar coat the truth. I do listen to about half of what I hear and half of what I see. And I don't do half bad! I'm not mean or judgmental nor do I hold grudges. But I never forget an *** ****. I love my 416 ! Tamiya rules. If you ever disrespect one of my friends or drive like a punk, you will surely have no fun racing with me. I respect my fellow racers. But I will be damned if some sponsored driver calls me a hack when the incident was entirely his fault. One person replied and understood my message. Call it a language barrier if you didn't get it. but your febal attempts are of no consequence to me , now that I know the mentality of the individuals I'm dealing with.
John, I would quite happily tell you to your face, your talking crap. You yourself talk about having an objective view... yet you don't seem to be open to it the other way! And it has absolutely nothing to do with where your background (unless your French... right Fab? ).

However, the dig at "the local race"... thats just bollocks.

Believe me (and it would seem a number of people do), I would be the first person to say I'm not the greatest driver in the world... but I do alright too, and am confident in my ability to tell the difference in any setup change.

Like I've said before, I'm an engineer by trade, so all my testing is done in the most controlled manner possible, by changing one thing at a time... I very rarely form an opinion on something until I've had a chance to try something and then change it back again to confirm. If you were to chat to any of the guys I race with, you'll realise I fiddle alot with my cars, always trying something new and learning. Even if something doesn't work, it's still useful to know.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Low_E
eviva Redbones

are there any set-ups know already, used in Thailand?
No setups per se, but from the pics I've seen I would guess pretty much at it being close to a WE kit setup, although with a few differences;

Front;
C/C blocks (at a guess)
HPI or Hara springs (? on rate)
one hole in on the front tower (hole 2)
4mm under the front inner camber link, hole 3 on bulkhead
medium roll bar
Wheelbase 2.5f/2r
No steering brace top deck screw
5mm ackerman
Spool

Rear;
one piece top deck
3mm under both camber link ball joints, hole 3 on bulkhead, outer most on hub
wheelbase 3f/1.5r
soft roll bar
Shocks in one hole on tower (Hole 3)
HPI or Hara springs (? on rate)
XA/E blocks

I have no idea on how the shocks are being run though.. (oil's, pistons etc)

HiH
Ed
Old 11-15-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Anyone know the difference between the 416 and the 416WE??? One piece top deck etc etc...anyone know of a chance on an update for my original 416....or has this info already been posted.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Thats funny ... I wonder how you would know that I didn't try it?
I have 3 Tamiya touring Cars, My TA05 works best on the black top.
After all this BULL! No one seems to realize that. I have stated it clearly the 05 is a better car for the conditions on a number of occations. And all but one person doesn't seem to read just what I said instead of assuming something that I didn't . I'm not wrong. I've raced toy cars for 30 years now and yes man... I have a clue! Quite frankly I dont give a damn who's right . Limited Traction requires softer everything.... Starting out with a stiffer chassis is ok but would require a much softer set up. Which is why I merely suggest that lighter oil, softer springs, and softer tires would be more effective than removing hardware. And if the cars is set up properly will afford more mechanical grip, yeild faster lap times, and be easier to drive. Or perhaps you wouls take an Astin Martin DB9 to a Nordic Icelandic Off- road race.
Apparently you havn't tried what I suggest or you would understand what I've been saying all along.

Last edited by John St.Amant; 11-15-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Thats funny ... I wonder how you would know that I didn't try it?
I have 3 Tamiya touring Cars, My TA05 works best on the black top.
After all this BULL! No one seems to realize that. I have stated it clearly the 05 is a better car for the conditions on a number of occations. And all but one person doesn't seem to read just what I said instead of assuming something that I didn't . I'm not wrong. I've raced toy cars for 30 years now and yes man... I have a clue! Quite frankly I dont give a damn who's right . Limited Traction requires softer everything.... Starting out with a stiffer chassis is ok but would require a much softer set up. Which is why I merely suggest that lighter oil, softer springs, and softer tires would be more effective than removing hardware. And if the cars is set up properly will afford more mechanical grip, yeild faster lap times, and be easier to drive. Or perhaps you wouls take an Astin Martin DB9 to a Nordic Icelandic Off- road race.
Apparently you havn't tried what I suggest or you would understand what I've been saying all along.
The reason no one is getting what you are saying is quite simply becuase you contradict yourself... and on that point, I don't have any time for you anymore.

I know what works, for me, on a race track. I have enough experience of racing (big and small) to have a clue as well.

I have tried on track a stiffer versus softer car... and I know what I prefered in terms of feel, and what turned the faster times, have you?

(and it's Aston, not Astin)
Old 11-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Amazing .. You seem to be able to read and spell. Like I take the time to check for typos. Comprehention is deffinately not your forte'
Old 11-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

John,

Enough, get over it

Ed
Old 11-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

LOL.. Howz about you getting over it?
Nit picker! Jeez!
Nothing I said makes sence to you because your mind is closed and you are missing the piont entirely. Just forget someone tried to make a statement about a 5 mm wide 2 mm thick strip of graphite. If your an engineer , where is your personal designed TC ? I offer constructive and helpfull insight to improve upon a great product. And for what ? A bunch of closed minded individuals. Have you tried a fiberglass chassis? I bet you it would work ten times better on the pavment or ashfault than carbon with screws taken out. Make one, I dare you !
Old 11-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

So like who's gonna get the 416 WE? I tried to look up champ, but they don't seem to have pre-orders up yet.

-------

Lol nvm, they just updated the page.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.