Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 08-29-2008, 07:35 PM
  #2776  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by adamge View Post
Randy, 10th or 8th scale?
haha, sorry, just 10th scale with the 501X and Durga.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 08-29-2008, 10:20 PM
  #2777  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

what is the best way to mount a lipo? i have been using just the tape on my SMC 4000, but it seems like the tape lets it move around a bit, are you guys making stops for it, or what?
Turbonium is offline  
Old 08-29-2008, 10:22 PM
  #2778  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,531
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
I'll be here in full effect soon enough. Having fun with the 4wd buggies right now, but the truggy and sedan will be here very soon!

So long as you're having fun bro.... I recently hung up the mod motors for 13.5 This class has more racers and it's been pretty fun. For the KO race I will only be running 10.5 since there isn't a 13.5 class. I'm done with mod for a while. I will become the 13.5 KING of the straight since no one has anything for me in mod
STLNLST is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 02:42 AM
  #2779  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
habis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sakaguchinet View Post
Hi,

finally the new diffcovers made from polycarbonate are available. Cheap they are not (22,00 Euros), but they should be worth because you will save many diff cover stickers. The covers fit exactly the 37T Ball Diff Pulleys. Here are some pictures:




Available here:
http://sakaguchinet.dyndns.org:8080/...menraeder.html

Just got my Diff Covers from RC-Square in Germany.
Really well made and more in the style of as "cap" than a cover.
U just squize on the cap and the cap will keep your diff dust-free.
good quality and well craftet.......
habis is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 02:52 AM
  #2780  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
habis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

my diffcover by RC-square
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-cimg0205.jpg  
habis is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 06:52 AM
  #2781  
Tech Master
iTrader: (89)
 
sohlman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Outside NYC
Posts: 1,746
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
what is the best way to mount a lipo? i have been using just the tape on my SMC 4000, but it seems like the tape lets it move around a bit, are you guys making stops for it, or what?
I've been using a few strips of double-stick tape on the chassis, under the battery, then tape it down. It holds well.
sohlman is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 07:52 AM
  #2782  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

yea, thats kinda what i figured.... thanks!
Turbonium is offline  
Old 08-30-2008, 11:35 PM
  #2783  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (34)
 
barts71m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere Pretty Awesome
Posts: 2,591
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Hey all,

ran my 416 for the first time yesterday and it destroyed the front spool. Has anyone had to dremel out the front upper bulkheads to gain more clearance there. Using a 3mm upper arm spacer with a 5mm ball connector. Has completely polaxed the alum spool cups and melted the inner plastic cup.

sorry for blurry pic...having camera issues
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-416spool.jpg  
barts71m is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 12:27 AM
  #2784  
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 560
Default

Originally Posted by barts71m View Post
Hey all,

ran my 416 for the first time yesterday and it destroyed the front spool. Has anyone had to dremel out the front upper bulkheads to gain more clearance there. Using a 3mm upper arm spacer with a 5mm ball connector. Has completely polaxed the alum spool cups and melted the inner plastic cup.

sorry for blurry pic...having camera issues
Was this a 416 spool? Then should be no problem...

Have you put in the bearing holders up-side down?


...
Stein Tumert is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 01:00 AM
  #2785  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by barts71m View Post
Hey all,

ran my 416 for the first time yesterday and it destroyed the front spool. Has anyone had to dremel out the front upper bulkheads to gain more clearance there. Using a 3mm upper arm spacer with a 5mm ball connector. Has completely polaxed the alum spool cups and melted the inner plastic cup.

sorry for blurry pic...having camera issues
yikes yeah scott that looks like the bearing holders were around the wrong way. Was it just the bottom of the ball screw rubbing because it looks like it was more than that?
CraigM is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 01:14 AM
  #2786  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (34)
 
barts71m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere Pretty Awesome
Posts: 2,591
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
yikes yeah scott that looks like the bearing holders were around the wrong way. Was it just the bottom of the ball screw rubbing because it looks like it was more than that?
ball screws were fine it was the actual bulk head rubbing on the alum cups...

ill double check which way I put it together...lucky it came with spare plastic cups.

didnt really dig the way it drove with the spool anyway, but i think it had more to do with the thing chewing itself too death.
barts71m is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 04:49 AM
  #2787  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mongville
Posts: 6,991
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by barts71m View Post
ball screws were fine it was the actual bulk head rubbing on the alum cups...

ill double check which way I put it together...lucky it came with spare plastic cups.

didnt really dig the way it drove with the spool anyway, but i think it had more to do with the thing chewing itself too death.
you had the bearing carriers in upside down, maing the spool be in the high position. the spool is to be run in the low position.
Besercoe is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 06:21 AM
  #2788  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (34)
 
barts71m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere Pretty Awesome
Posts: 2,591
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Besercoe View Post
you had the bearing carriers in upside down, maing the spool be in the high position. the spool is to be run in the low position.
does the arrow have to be up or down???? i thought I had them in the down posi. Will have a looksie again.
barts71m is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 06:42 AM
  #2789  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,370
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Arrow should be pointing down. By the look of your pics, you had it in the up position... I've done exactly the same thing before. Have a look under the front upper bulkheads, they'll be worn too... and the outdrives will probably have melted as well.

And you right, it doesn't make the car very nice to drive....

HiH
Ed
TryHard is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 07:08 AM
  #2790  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (34)
 
barts71m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere Pretty Awesome
Posts: 2,591
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Arrow should be pointing down. By the look of your pics, you had it in the up position... I've done exactly the same thing before. Have a look under the front upper bulkheads, they'll be worn too... and the outdrives will probably have melted as well.

And you right, it doesn't make the car very nice to drive....

HiH
Ed
yep plastic out drives were melted bigtime lol ill put it back in when I get some replacement parts.

does anyone know if u can buy the alum cups and outdrives separately or is it easier just to buy the whole unit again...the cups look crap as atm.

could someone possibly post a pic to make sure I get it right lol

hopefully it will be nice and dry and I can give it a run tuesday nite going to run the one way for this week anyway...brushless setup coming for it shortly, thanks to all who gave me tips on gearing.
barts71m is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.