Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 08-04-2008, 04:07 AM
  #2656  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Does the car feel good at the beginning of the run and only starts to have the problem when the tires get hot?
yep, I dunno how hot they would have got though as they were 36s and it was a pretty mild day, as I said they were pretty worn though
CraigM is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 04:27 AM
  #2657  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone have foam tyre setups? The nats here later in the year are on carpet but all the setups bar one on Ed's site seem to be rubber
CraigM is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 04:46 AM
  #2658  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
A Ilievski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A.C.T (Australia)
Posts: 2,720
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM
Does anyone have foam tyre setups? The nats here later in the year are on carpet but all the setups bar one on Ed's site seem to be rubber
Do you mean nationals? Because they wont be run here on our ACT indoor track. They will be outdoor.

Last edited by A Ilievski; 08-04-2008 at 06:22 AM.
A Ilievski is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 08:55 AM
  #2659  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM
yep, I dunno how hot they would have got though as they were 36s and it was a pretty mild day, as I said they were pretty worn though
Worn out tires will do pretty much exactly what you described. If you are happy with the car at the start of the run, just try a fresh set of tires.

If you are using tire warmers, give the tires a little more time to cool off. You could also try enlarging the air hole on the wheel a little bit.

If the problem continues, I'd be glad to help with the setup, but I think the tires will be the biggest change you can make.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 02:41 PM
  #2660  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bournemouth.UK
Posts: 59
Default

Hi guys, my LRP vector 10.5 turned up today, im gonna run lipo with this motor on my lrp sphere tc spec, what would be the recommended pinion/spur for carpet and tarmac for my 416...??

also i keep reading about people having problems with the above speedo, how many people have blown these things, ive yet to run mine and just praying mine stays alive..

thanks in advance
mark williams is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 03:11 PM
  #2661  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mark williams
Hi guys, my LRP vector 10.5 turned up today, im gonna run lipo with this motor on my lrp sphere tc spec, what would be the recommended pinion/spur for carpet and tarmac for my 416...??

also i keep reading about people having problems with the above speedo, how many people have blown these things, ive yet to run mine and just praying mine stays alive..

thanks in advance
how large is the asphalt track your going to be running on? ive only blown up one LRP TC Sphere esc.. and that was when i plugged it in backwards in my Orion Lipo. USER ERROR. other than that incident, they've worked great for me.

the LRP 10.5 motor recommends a 5.0 FDR for a "large" asphalt tracks. since your using an LRP motor..... check the package, they have an insert with gearing recommendations.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 03:52 PM
  #2662  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
Do you mean nationals? Because they wont be run here on our ACT indoor track. They will be outdoor.
Whoops, someone did tell me that but I must have just heard ACT and thought carpet. Well that makes it easy as far as set up goes, is there any more info anywhere?

Originally Posted by mark williams
Hi guys, my LRP vector 10.5 turned up today, im gonna run lipo with this motor on my lrp sphere tc spec, what would be the recommended pinion/spur for carpet and tarmac for my 416...??

also i keep reading about people having problems with the above speedo, how many people have blown these things, ive yet to run mine and just praying mine stays alive..

thanks in advance
I've been running a TC spec all year and it hasnt missed a beat. With my 10.5 vector I'm running 30/71 (48dp) on a medium sized tarmac track, rollout is around 42mm with rubber tyres and most people tell me I'm the quickest down the straight. The motor is torquey as hell so it doesn't give anything away in the infield either

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Worn out tires will do pretty much exactly what you described. If you are happy with the car at the start of the run, just try a fresh set of tires.

If you are using tire warmers, give the tires a little more time to cool off. You could also try enlarging the air hole on the wheel a little bit.

If the problem continues, I'd be glad to help with the setup, but I think the tires will be the biggest change you can make.
Yeah it was tops at the last meet (qualified 2nd, finished 2nd, fastest lap) so it'd just be the tyres. It's great to see another factory driver on here, this car has to have the best support of any of the tourers
CraigM is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 04:09 PM
  #2663  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
Vicko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,060
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

K guys can someone explaning using the upper links to change roll centers?
I know u can raise the roll center by adding shims under the suspension
blocks. so to lower it roll center do u lower the spacer under the ball end
on the top suspesn links?

I jsut tryin to get an grip on it. had an rough race last weekend
could set up. thanks
Vicko is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 04:38 PM
  #2664  
Tech Regular
 
HI_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 359
Default

To lower the roll center, add spacers under the inner upper arm links. Adding spacers under the outer upper links raises the roll center.
HI_808 is offline  
Old 08-04-2008, 06:48 PM
  #2665  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
A Ilievski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A.C.T (Australia)
Posts: 2,720
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM
Whoops, someone did tell me that but I must have just heard ACT and thought carpet. Well that makes it easy as far as set up goes, is there any more info anywhere?
At the moment all i know is that we will be making a track in the carpark where the surface is smoothish and also pits will be indoors in one of the buildings next to it. We will be testing the surface/track soon but idont know when exactly. Once i find out more i will let you know.
A Ilievski is offline  
Old 08-05-2008, 02:16 PM
  #2666  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

pretty quiet in here.... everyone must be wrenching on their 416s.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 01:19 AM
  #2667  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 5,387
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

aye, is quiet... still, all going well my end. Took the car to the local track for the first time this past weekend. It's quite tight and technical, but good fun. Ended up dropping the roll bars down to soft to get the steering up... worked a treat. Still some more work needed to get it spot on, but as it's now my local, hopefully won't take long to iron it out

Regards
Ed
TryHard is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 07:13 AM
  #2668  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Once I get my car and get it built I'll be more active on here.

Excited to get my 4wd buggy too, get to start racing at the new off-road track out here.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 08:52 AM
  #2669  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
wide_mouth_frog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: www.absdesigns.co.uk
Posts: 236
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Would that be bashley?

I think i am spending too much time on the Tamiya forum dont you think Ed hehehe

Had a go with a 416 on tues, rear end was a little too bolted, but i think it was kit setup, oneway and i presume 3 dregrees toe?

Not bad at all though.......one phi prev sold!!

Originally Posted by TryHard
aye, is quiet... still, all going well my end. Took the car to the local track for the first time this past weekend. It's quite tight and technical, but good fun. Ended up dropping the roll bars down to soft to get the steering up... worked a treat. Still some more work needed to get it spot on, but as it's now my local, hopefully won't take long to iron it out

Regards
Ed
wide_mouth_frog is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 04:02 PM
  #2670  
Tech Fanatic
 
Martin Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 829
Default

Originally Posted by mark williams
Hi guys, my LRP vector 10.5 turned up today, im gonna run lipo with this motor on my lrp sphere tc spec, what would be the recommended pinion/spur for carpet and tarmac for my 416...??

also i keep reading about people having problems with the above speedo, how many people have blown these things, ive yet to run mine and just praying mine stays alive..

thanks in advance
I have found that a 40/105 to a 41/105 works well with the LRP 10.5.
Martin Crisp is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.