Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 07-06-2008, 07:49 PM
  #2476  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (3)
 
prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 44
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Tamiya tuned springs

Hi all,
Just after some tamiya knowledge, i purchased a set of the tamiya springs 53440 in the soft (red), medium (yellow), stiff (blue) and ex stiff (white) i was wondering if anyone could tell me the actual LBS of each of these. Any assistance would be appreciated.
thanks
Pete.
prime is offline  
Old 07-06-2008, 08:06 PM
  #2477  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,269
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Are there any reasonable carpet setups online that use the stock arms/blocks? I used a variation of the kit setup before, but it doesn't seem to actually be on a sheet anywhere.
syndr0me is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 02:01 AM
  #2478  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,370
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by prime View Post
Hi all,
Just after some tamiya knowledge, i purchased a set of the tamiya springs 53440 in the soft (red), medium (yellow), stiff (blue) and ex stiff (white) i was wondering if anyone could tell me the actual LBS of each of these. Any assistance would be appreciated.
thanks
Pete.
http://www.thard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=33
TryHard is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 03:03 AM
  #2479  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (3)
 
prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 44
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default springs

TryHard
Thanks for the link, but is the 53440 set the short or normal length springs??

thanks
Pete
prime is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 03:12 AM
  #2480  
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 560
Default

Originally Posted by prime View Post
TryHard
Thanks for the link, but is the 53440 set the short or normal length springs??

thanks
Pete
Normal

...
Stein Tumert is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 03:28 AM
  #2481  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (3)
 
prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 44
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default springs

cheers guys
prime is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 03:34 AM
  #2482  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,370
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
@Ed!

Hy! I compared your setup with the manual of the 416, and i see that you give 3mm spacers in the rear (at the bulkhead and also the upright) instead of 0,5mm.

How does that affect the handling? is it a better choice for any type of surface? (tarmac and carpet).

At the front you lowerd the inner (bulkhead) one from 5 to 3mm. This should raise the rollcenter. Right?

I dont have a 416 but a 415MSXX MRE07, so the benefits should also work on my car?

THX in advance, Blueman
Hi Blueman,
Hebiki asked the same question before, and this is what I answered with;

I have to say that the 415 indoors always seemed to prefer the higher rear link, as it seemed to help smooth the rear car out. Seems the 416 likes it too.

Was chatting to an xray racer today, who had 4mm under his rear outer link, and was loving life... seems to be a trend for quite a trend on a number of car atm.
HiH
Ed
TryHard is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 05:06 AM
  #2483  
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Originally Posted by prime View Post
Hi all,
Just after some tamiya knowledge, i purchased a set of the tamiya springs 53440 in the soft (red), medium (yellow), stiff (blue) and ex stiff (white) i was wondering if anyone could tell me the actual LBS of each of these. Any assistance would be appreciated.
thanks
Pete.
This link should help you out fella...

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/1-10...pringChart.pdf

hth
tc3team is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 05:26 AM
  #2484  
Tech Apprentice
 
sakaguchinet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gruendau, Germany
Posts: 87
Default

Hi,

Tamiya is going to release new suspension arms:

51353 TB-03 Stock Suspension Arms (will be like 53928) only softer and cheaper material).

Finally the new sus blocks are available. But I am looking for the new blue titanium turnbuckles.
sakaguchinet is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 06:17 AM
  #2485  
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Default

Originally Posted by sakaguchinet View Post
Hi,

Tamiya is going to release new suspension arms:

51353 TB-03 Stock Suspension Arms (will be like 53928) only softer and cheaper material).

Finally the new sus blocks are available. But I am looking for the new blue titanium turnbuckles.
you have pictures of those blue titanium turnbuckles
buboy28 is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 07:08 AM
  #2486  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 38
Default TA-05MS, anyone?

Currently i am racing with a TA-04S. But am considering a new ride. I am just a bit curious. The price tag of the TRF 416 is only slightly higher than TA-05MS. Why do so many people opt for the TA-05MS? What is the difference between the two? I have seen some baseline TA-05 keeping up the pace with a couple of TRF 416s. These drivers are just average Joes, including myself. What advantage does the TRF 416 (aesthetic appeal? just for show?) have over the TA-05MS? Tell me your views. If i am convinced, i am prepared to fork out a bit more to buy TRF 416. Thank you.
Kiowa is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 08:59 AM
  #2487  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Toughbeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
based off your quotes... Ed is saying adding it on the bulkhead OR the outer hub. NOT both?
By changing the inner and outer differently you alter both the Roll Center and the camber change.

By Changing both the inner and the outer the same amount you just play with the R/C not the camber Change.

So, If you found a good setup where you like the cars handling and the tire wear is good, but you want to smooth it out or sharpen it, you raise or lower both the inner and outer... keeping the diffence of the shims the same...

inner outer what happens
-----------------------------------------------------------
0mm 0mm Example standard setup
0mm 1mm Camber raise increase, roll center drops
1mm 2mm Camber raise stays the same roll center drops

Please feel free to correct, as I have written with out the roll center chart for the 416
Toughbeard is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 12:13 PM
  #2488  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Rogier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Netherlands, EUROPE
Posts: 672
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by habis View Post
use the white delrin ones fro the 415.
you can get them at rcmarket.
The metal ones you cant get in parts....
Have any of you guys already tried this? Other 416 drivers told me they won't fit. Did you had any kind of modification to fit them on a Tamiya 416 spool??
Rogier is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 12:59 PM
  #2489  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,370
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rogier View Post
Have any of you guys already tried this? Other 416 drivers told me they won't fit. Did you had any kind of modification to fit them on a Tamiya 416 spool??
The outdrives should fit on the spool. But I wonder how well the sleeves will fit...
TryHard is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
  #2490  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,375
Default

Originally Posted by Kiowa View Post
Currently i am racing with a TA-04S. But am considering a new ride. I am just a bit curious. The price tag of the TRF 416 is only slightly higher than TA-05MS. Why do so many people opt for the TA-05MS? What is the difference between the two? I have seen some baseline TA-05 keeping up the pace with a couple of TRF 416s. These drivers are just average Joes, including myself. What advantage does the TRF 416 (aesthetic appeal? just for show?) have over the TA-05MS? Tell me your views. If i am convinced, i am prepared to fork out a bit more to buy TRF 416. Thank you.
They are both very capable cars. It seems the ta05ms is more capable with stock and 19t racing, and on technical circuits. The 416 is better for mod racing. The reason why the ta05ms is so popular is that the majority of clubs in Japan are small indoor circuits. Hence the success of the car.

As is always the case, depending on driving ability and style the generalisation above will have exceptions.

Its surprising to see that the 416 has already been discontinued, (see the tamiya usa site) maybe there will be a new version out soon.
Qatmix is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.