Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Did Tamiya finally release proper toe blocks for the 416, or are we still using 415 blocks? I thought I saw some new ones at RC MARKET.

Where's the spool? I've got some outdoor racing to do!
Old 03-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Did Tamiya finally release proper toe blocks for the 416, or are we still using 415 blocks? I thought I saw some new ones at RC MARKET.

Where's the spool? I've got some outdoor racing to do!
The TRF416 Spool , will later release !
can't in APR onsale !
Old 03-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

wow, just - 10 to -40 exponential...
im running -90to -100 all the times!! sometimes i play with dual rate to about 75% but thats it. i totally like the car on straights having -90% exp. makes it really smooth and controllable... try it out sometimes, you think you have less steering but try the back straight now!
Old 03-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default handling

I am also experiancing the off throttle oversteer issue. It is not tweak. I turned down the steering travel (dual rate) and that helped. maybe I need more expo, I didn't think of that.

I am experiancing this entering a chicane. If I slow down before I get there it is not a problem. It is just being off throttle and the time you enter the chicane. I will try less rear droop but I think I have tried that before.

I am using 3mm shim under both ends of the rear link and .5mm shims under the pivot blocks in the rear. I am running a diff in the front on medium grip carpet

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

BBB
Old 03-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

JimmyMac, Can I get a little info on those metal peices that fit down in the battery slots?
What are they made of, lead, stainless?
Where did you get them?
I've been looking for some 3mm lead to do something similar to what you did.
Thx,
Greg
Old 03-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
JimmyMac, Can I get a little info on those metal peices that fit down in the battery slots?
What are they made of, lead, stainless?
Where did you get them?
I've been looking for some 3mm lead to do something similar to what you did.
Thx,
Greg
Well the base plate is stainless steel. It is made by Verndog on these forums. Look up his thread PPD something something. Or visit his website at http://www.ppdbillet.com/RC_accessories.html

The layer on top of the stainless plate is lead. It is from this guy. http://www.teamfusionracing.blogspot.com/
I'm using the #4 piece in the picture above. It is stuck together with carpet tape that I got from Target. Works great. I just ordered another PPD stainless plate to toss on my #2 lead weight. Gonna see which one gives me better balance.

Hope those links help out for whatever project you have going.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Is the problem on high speed corners???
If so remember - the car body is an important tuning tool
Move the body slightly forward will increase high speed stearing also trimming a little ( 1mm increments) off the rear of the wing and moving it forward also helps with high speed on power stearing....

Just a few thoughts - use it or lose it
Old 03-27-2008, 03:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markiempje
wow, just - 10 to -40 exponential...
im running -90to -100 all the times!! sometimes i play with dual rate to about 75% but thats it. i totally like the car on straights having -90% exp. makes it really smooth and controllable... try it out sometimes, you think you have less steering but try the back straight now!
That sounds way too much too me. I tend to play between -10 - 20% on my Esprit3.
I tend to be able to feel when I'm running too much expo, as I much prefer a linear feel to how the steering works, than having the "nothing, nothing, lots" feel that a large amount of expo gives.
One other thing I don't like about running lots of expo is that you can't get the response back in the front end, which makes quick switchbacks difficult to drive.

Still each to their own, as long as it works well for you

Cheers
Ed
Old 03-27-2008, 03:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Fastforward
I am also experiancing the off throttle oversteer issue. It is not tweak. I turned down the steering travel (dual rate) and that helped. maybe I need more expo, I didn't think of that.

I am experiancing this entering a chicane. If I slow down before I get there it is not a problem. It is just being off throttle and the time you enter the chicane. I will try less rear droop but I think I have tried that before.

I am using 3mm shim under both ends of the rear link and .5mm shims under the pivot blocks in the rear. I am running a diff in the front on medium grip carpet

BBB
A few things to try, in order of what I would try first.

2mm under the outer rear link
inner most hole on the inner camber link (make the link as long as possible)
Harder front roll bar
Softer rear roll bar
lay rear shock in one hole
More rear toe in
Softer rear shock oil
less rear axle spacers

HiH
Ed

Last edited by TryHard; 03-27-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Fastforward

BBB
You're off power and it oversteers. Assuming mechanically everything is fine with your car, the rear becoming loose is due to the weight loading the front end which makes the front end roll causing the front tires to grip more than the rear tires. This means the front end is soft. One at a time, try moving front upper shock mount out one hole, raise the front roll center by adding a shim under the blocks or try a little heavier oil up front to keep the car from rolling too much off power.

Or you can change your driving style. I don't know where the chicane is located or how big a chicane it is, but you shouldn't be off power going through the chicane. You should decelerate in a straight line before the chicane and then power through the chicane.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Does Tamiya plan to release all the different toe blocks for the 416, or should I plan on picking up the 415 style and just using those? It seems like quite a while to wait for something so critical.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Does Tamiya plan to release all the different toe blocks for the 416, or should I plan on picking up the 415 style and just using those? It seems like quite a while to wait for something so critical.
To be honest, the only one you really seem to need is a D, as that is easily flipable. Oherwise the 415 ones work fine

It does seem like you can sporadicly pick up the 416 blocks. I have some on back order with RC Market at the moment, should be back in, in a few weeks.

It is a bit odd though, as you would have thought that they would bring them out sooner, but oh well
Old 03-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TryHard
To be honest, the only one you really seem to need is a D, as that is easily flipable. Oherwise the 415 ones work fine

It does seem like you can sporadicly pick up the 416 blocks. I have some on back order with RC Market at the moment, should be back in, in a few weeks.

It is a bit odd though, as you would have thought that they would bring them out sooner, but oh well
What is your Order no. ?
please pm with me !
we not have this item back order !
Old 03-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
What is your Order no. ?
please pm with me !
we not have this item back order !
YGPM
Old 03-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TryHard
YGPM
U too !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.