R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-06-2001, 02:07 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default ? about team crc (calandra racing) business....wh

i am woundering why is it that when you order from calandra racing ,it takes forever to get somebody to respond to emails and delivering of product. but the answer to the problem seems to be that if you call or email them a letter that if they don't get on the stick your going to do business else where,and then about a little while later. Bam there is a message from them and your tracking # and delivery date is given to you.. well i was just woundering if any body had this problem...
carpet_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 02:13 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

Cause it's a business for racers by racers. And they race too you know, if you really need something, u should buy from a distributor or your LHS.
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 02:52 PM   #3
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Actually,

I am having the same problem. I bought a CK with a 3 bolt hub and it came with 1 2 bolt wheel and a 3 bolt wheel. I contacted them and wanted the replacement wheel and I bought a clamping hub per their suggestion.

This was before thanksgiving, and I have paypaled them money and have heard nothing...

I am calling again today...
kansasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 03:14 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Default reply to dimitry

i agree on buying from a distributor or my local hobby shop. but i could not find a distributor who has crc's new carpet knife the bloody knife. and as for my local hobby shop. it is a hobby town and it sucks, they say they are going to get this and that. but i have came to reality that they are blowing smoke up my butt. and not to mention horizon hobbies seems to be the most expensive distributor to buy from and my hobby shop goes threw them and then tacks on a extra 20-50 for there profit ,whatever!!! i do business else where....but enough bi$c#ing...i was just woundering if any body else had to lite a fire under calandra's butt to get them moving......
Old 12-06-2001, 03:30 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

I'm sorry about beefing at u man, but u see, Frank has been helping me and supporting me. He has a lot of shit to worry about ok.

If you really want super fast service buy a Trinity or Associated, but if you want to talk to another racer, someone who knows how to design winning cars go by a CRC. And if you want a Hobby Shop. Honda House Motor Speedway Hobby Shed (pretty long eh? ) give them a call, it's owned by John Elliot, and thats where Scott Smithers and Wayne Vince race.
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 03:50 PM   #6
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

CRC has always been very, very helpful when I have called them. I have never emailed them so I have no comment on that. I ordered some tuning parts (springs, castor blocks, etc) and they had just returned from Cleveland and the guy told me it would go out in two days and he wasn't lying. I received it UPS ground three days later. They have great phone service. Call them up and see.
Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 04:34 PM   #7
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I know what you mean, kinda slow. But they are good guys that are willing to help and take care of issues. I got my 6 pack and it came with a few missing parts, called them up and they sent them out without any questions. Your better off calling them up and talking to them directly if you want to speed things up.
Peter Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 05:26 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Default reply

i am not bitching at you dimitry, and i think that the guys at calandra are great and that they will answer any question you have and yes that is why i ordered a crc product. cause of winnings and they seem to knowe their stuff. but it is the shipping dept , that lacks the info.
Old 12-07-2001, 08:29 AM   #9
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just to clear the air.

CRC is having some problems with their email servers. I just got a email from Frank stating they have been trying to get to me....

I withdrawl my complaint
kansasracer is offline   Reply With Quote