Wiki Posts
Search

The One True 13.5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 03:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavy
Racing Touring Cars on tarmac rubber tyres.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the

1. Novak bonded rotor 13.5 (EX)
2. The sintered rotor 13.5 (SS)
3. The LRP X11 13.5.

I have a fair idea what the answer is but just want to get some other opinions. Also which of these is faster than a very good brushed stock motor.
The LRP was banned in some areas in Australia due to being too fast.

I run a Novak 13.5 and I am happy with it thus far. Planning to try a LRP in the future though.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by frozenpod
The LRP was banned in some areas in Australia due to being too fast.

I run a Novak 13.5 and I am happy with it thus far. Planning to try a LRP in the future though.
Hmm nice, LRP is good "so much", maybe i will purchase LRP BL system.
Thanks

Because 2008 season Stock race of my site will allow using 13.5 BL, in the case Mod. race will be banned with lack of drivers and the track traction is poor for highspeed race.
I know is unfair for drivers who choose Brushed motors, but i don't want also behind of BL guys.
As i know LRP13.5 has 3350KV against Novak 13.5 SSPro has only 3300KV.
But just remain to know how about Orion vortex 13.5?
Old 01-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I cant suggest either way at this point, at lot of people use Novak at my local tracks and only a few with LRP.

I certainly have not been blown anyone whilst I was using the Novak motor but as always car setup, driver, batteries, ESC and gearing play a huge role.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

If there is anyone looking for a new version orion 13.5 motor i have one for sale in the for sale thread. Its got 1 pack through it . Runs great but i need to free up some money for my soon to be born baby
Old 01-26-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

wow.......its quiet in here
Old 01-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

They're all in that pretender 17.5 thread.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Default LRP 13.5

Just a little heads up.

The 1st LRP 13.5 x11 I owned had a very strange power profile ... in fact I spoke to a few people at my club and said how awful the power came in ... nothing low down all up top ... almost like a diesel car with mega turbo lag.

Well I broke the motor in a crash and bent all 3 screws running through it and also the front bearing and scuffed the rotor.

So I bought a new motor .... and wow what a difference. No change was made to the speedo or setup. This new motor absolutely linear.

So I conclude the original motor must have be duff in some way.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Associated sent me a used, beat up old 13.5 as a warranty replacement for my 13.5 that went bad. It had a blown out bearing in it, and in fact wasn't the original bearings at all, best I can tell. It doesn't seem to run nearly as well as my first one. I sent them an email asking why I got someone's broken, janky old 13.5 as a warranty replacement, and they didn't respond. It's a person that had communicated with me prior about the status of my return. So, thanks for that, guys. I can see why people are so critical of LRP's warranty work in the US.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I bought a Losi RTR XXX-T. It had the SS speedo it. But it ran 10 minutes and died. It would just spit and sputter. I tested the motor and and it was fine on a GTB.
I sent the ESC in with a note that I would like to take advantage of the upgrade trade in program. Please bill me for the GTB with this trade in of a brand new SS.
They called me and said it would cost 169.00 plus the SS. I said I can buy a GTB at the hobby shop for that price.
So they wouldn't work with me so, I said well I guess thats looking out for the hobby shops right??????????????????
Send me a new SS. They sent me a XBR and it had a remanufactured sticker on the package. The kick in the but to this story is that the XBR had no bottom end. It would just take off real slow and then zoom...... I was like maybe it is this motor? Bonded and all and in a plastic casing. Tried again. And it was the ESC.
I was pissed to say the least. I sold it with the receipt and warranty for 50.00. Bad experiences are every where even in the least expected places. I still prefer the GTB AND ANY NOVAK MOTOR WILL DO.
But I was really bummed. The SS was friggin 10 minutes used.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Company Representative

There were several issues raised in this post. Although I firmly believe that Novak offers the finest replacement/upgrade program in the RC industry, we have never offered an exchange from this SS (OEM) speed control to our most costly competition esc. Or, from any sport controller to the competition versions.

At the time you received a replacement XBR controller, it was brand new, despite the RMF sticker. These controllers were specially built and programmed (only) for upgrade replacements for the old SS and SS Pro controllers. We felt the XBRs were far superior to the old, first gen controllers, so we offered the replacements at a low price for our customers.

OEM products always fall into a somewhat gray area in relation to warranty service. All items built for other companies must pass our outgoing inspection before shipment to China for installation into the RTRs. The receiving company is also directed to perform an incoming inspection on all products received from us. So the OEM products are considered operational when purchased by the user.

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
I bought a Losi RTR XXX-T. It had the SS speedo it. But it ran 10 minutes and died. It would just spit and sputter. I tested the motor and and it was fine on a GTB.
I sent the ESC in with a note that I would like to take advantage of the upgrade trade in program. Please bill me for the GTB with this trade in of a brand new SS.
They called me and said it would cost 169.00 plus the SS. I said I can buy a GTB at the hobby shop for that price.
So they wouldn't work with me so, I said well I guess thats looking out for the hobby shops right??????????????????
Send me a new SS. They sent me a XBR and it had a remanufactured sticker on the package. The kick in the but to this story is that the XBR had no bottom end. It would just take off real slow and then zoom...... I was like maybe it is this motor? Bonded and all and in a plastic casing. Tried again. And it was the ESC.
I was pissed to say the least. I sold it with the receipt and warranty for 50.00. Bad experiences are every where even in the least expected places. I still prefer the GTB AND ANY NOVAK MOTOR WILL DO.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING

musta been a dud cuz i have an XBR with a 13.5pro motor and it has gobs of torque.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
There were several issues raised in this post. Although I firmly believe that Novak offers the finest replacement/upgrade program in the RC industry, we have never offered an exchange from this SS (OEM) speed control to our most costly competition esc. Or, from any sport controller to the competition versions.

At the time you received a replacement XBR controller, it was brand new, despite the RMF sticker. These controllers were specially built and programmed (only) for upgrade replacements for the old SS and SS Pro controllers. We felt the XBRs were far superior to the old, first gen controllers, so we offered the replacements at a low price for our customers.

OEM products always fall into a somewhat gray area in relation to warranty service. All items built for other companies must pass our outgoing inspection before shipment to China for installation into the RTRs. The receiving company is also directed to perform an incoming inspection on all products received from us. So the OEM products are considered operational when purchased by the user.
I agree no disrespect to Novak for I worship there products and service. I was taken care of with in 10 days of sending it off. Wow. I did send it over night.
And I figured what the heck it was used and you all have to take into consideration and a lot circumstances. But it was installed at the factory.
I should have took it back to the place I bought it and demanded a new one. But they said no refund and to send it in thinking I was a basher probably.
Any hoot to top things off I bought a Mamba thinking I will give them a try. I opened it at the track with a castle creation rep there he was going to tweak it for me..........And as you might guess......it was dead on arrival..
Fortunate for me they gave me a new one on the spot.
Any hoot. My GTB was victorious at the end of the day.
And I did warranty a Sphere once. I just never got it back.
My GTB was perfect to the day I sold it.. I've been racing gas this year. Any hoot sorry to hijack the thread.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
musta been a dud cuz i have an XBR with a 13.5pro motor and it has gobs of torque.
The RTR comes with a bonded rotor and a plastic case motor. I never had any trouble with my SS 5800 years ago. Just one of those days.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo

We felt the XBRs were far superior to the old, first gen controllers, so we offered the replacements at a low price for our customers.
How much is an upgrade from an SS to the XBR?
Old 01-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
How much is an upgrade from an SS to the XBR?
The upgrade prices for the discontinued speed controls are at the bottom of the chart:

Service Replacement Options--Speed Controls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.