R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #541
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
I jusy checked Acer Racing for bearings.They have the 1/8 x 3/8,but do not offer a 3/16 x 1/2.That seems odd that they would not offer that bearing.Maybe it is 3/16 x ???????.If soemone has that bearing out of their motor,can you please double check the size and LMK.Thanks

Steve
I went back to Acer and checked again.They do have it.It must be my dislexia acting up again

BTW,i ordered the 2 motor bearings and was surprised to see that i did not get charged for shipping.I guess the shipping is hidden in the price.At $8.00 each,free shipping is appreciated.
gurumods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:19 PM   #542
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Brian,

I haven't, but they're very clearly Feigao, just like the Orion motors. It's possible there are minor differences, like what size rotor they decided to use, but I doubt you'll see much difference between them otherwise. It's the same company that makes the motors SpeedPassion is turning out.

I personally found the Orion 13.5 inferior to the Novak and LRP 13.5 in terms of performance, and a few others have said the same. It does look like they're experimenting with new rotors, though, so many they'll get things going.
Syndrome,

I was looking at Nexus Racing's site that thay have Orion 13.5 in stock. They are billing them as "updated". Do you know if they have different rotors in them? I'm curious and might get one...
Old 12-18-2007, 11:41 PM   #543
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post
Syndrome,

I was looking at Nexus Racing's site that thay have Orion 13.5 in stock. They are billing them as "updated". Do you know if they have different rotors in them? I'm curious and might get one...
I haven't heard that. I wonder what they updated? I bet it's got solder tabs now. Maybe the newer style rotor without the fan? I've been keeping an eye on the SpeedPassion thread, and it seems like Feigao is experimenting with some new stuff. I'd like to try the 13mm rotor in the Orion 13.5 to see how it feels over the stock 12.5mm. Let me know what you find out.

I'm actually thinking about running the Orion 13.5 as a way to motor down just a little bit. 13.5 is turning out to be a bit hard to control with our current track dimensions/layout. Guys were talking about going to 17.5, even. :-\
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:55 PM   #544
Tech Adept

has anyone try out the new trinity 13.5 if so what r the comparisons to orion and novak?
fred71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:22 AM   #545
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post
Oops, I forgot to place a note in the product description...

The motors in this new batch have the new solder tabs (option to solder LRP-style or Novak-style), no longer have the internal fan, and seem to have a different rotor as well (when spinning the rotor, it seems to feel more like a novak 13mm instead of being "clicky" like the rotors from before).

A local racer was running one on Sat and it seemed to come out of the corner very strong...top-end was difficult to judge on the short carpet track, however.

Last edited by Nexus Racing; 12-19-2007 at 12:23 AM. Reason: typo
Nexus Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:16 AM   #546
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Racing View Post
Oops, I forgot to place a note in the product description...

The motors in this new batch have the new solder tabs (option to solder LRP-style or Novak-style), no longer have the internal fan, and seem to have a different rotor as well (when spinning the rotor, it seems to feel more like a novak 13mm instead of being "clicky" like the rotors from before).

A local racer was running one on Sat and it seemed to come out of the corner very strong...top-end was difficult to judge on the short carpet track, however.
Oh cool, that's very good to hear. The original 13.5 I've got was pretty wimpy. Would you mind letting us know if they ship updated 10.5's as well? I want to grab one, but would prefer the newer style.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:42 AM   #547
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Nexus Racing ygpm please get back to me

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:31 PM   #548
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

syndrome, your policy of buying six 13.5 motors per year isn't helping the brushless revolution.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:20 PM   #549
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Oh cool, that's very good to hear. The original 13.5 I've got was pretty wimpy. Would you mind letting us know if they ship updated 10.5's as well? I want to grab one, but would prefer the newer style.
From what I have read the updated version of the Feigao 13.5 motor is being billed as equivalent to the Novak and LRP. The new version motor can be identified by the lack of holes in the can. It looks like the soon to be released Trinity 13.5 and 10.5 motors do not have holes so perhaps these are the updated Feigao motors.
Squating Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:52 AM   #550
Tech Lord

Oh brushless tuners, where are you?

http://ptityo.skyrock.com/
Old 12-20-2007, 01:56 AM   #551
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge View Post
syndrome, your policy of buying six 13.5 motors per year isn't helping the brushless revolution.
I have as much if not more fun with new gear as I do with actually racing it. But yea, I'm definitely not the poster boy for budget racing.

That's going to change in a few short months, though. Expensive, big new city, mortgage, etc...

Quote:
From what I have read the updated version of the Feigao 13.5 motor is being billed as equivalent to the Novak and LRP. The new version motor can be identified by the lack of holes in the can. It looks like the soon to be released Trinity 13.5 and 10.5 motors do not have holes so perhaps these are the updated Feigao motors.
That makes me feel a little better, since it seems to back up my findings that the original version was pretty weak. I sure wish I could get a refund/exchange on my original Orion 13.5, it's pretty much a paper weight since it can't hang with the others.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:26 AM   #552
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
I have as much if not more fun with new gear as I do with actually racing it. But yea, I'm definitely not the poster boy for budget racing.

That's going to change in a few short months, though. Expensive, big new city, mortgage, etc...

That makes me feel a little better, since it seems to back up my findings that the original version was pretty weak. I sure wish I could get a refund/exchange on my original Orion 13.5, it's pretty much a paper weight since it can't hang with the others.
Question... what sensor wire does the Orions use? I notice speedtech has the 13.5s and 10.5s back in stock, I wonder if they are also the updated versions as on the Nexus site...

Ed
Old 12-20-2007, 11:27 AM   #553
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Question... what sensor wire does the Orions use? I notice speedtech has the 13.5s and 10.5s back in stock, I wonder if they are also the updated versions as on the Nexus site...

Ed
I don't believe they ship with a sensor wire, but they'll work with the one provided by Novak, Orion or LRP. I prefer the Orion and LRP versions since they're all black, and the wires retain some shape when you bend them making them a little easier to deal with.

No idea if Speedtech has the new ones or not, but you could probably call or email him to find out. If it's got the new style solder tabs (holes and tabs), rotor without the fan and no holes in the can, it's probably the new style. I'd like to find a new Orion 10.5 somewhere myself.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #554
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
I don't believe they ship with a sensor wire, but they'll work with the one provided by Novak, Orion or LRP. I prefer the Orion and LRP versions since they're all black, and the wires retain some shape when you bend them making them a little easier to deal with.

No idea if Speedtech has the new ones or not, but you could probably call or email him to find out. If it's got the new style solder tabs (holes and tabs), rotor without the fan and no holes in the can, it's probably the new style. I'd like to find a new Orion 10.5 somewhere myself.
Cheers Adam. Didn't think they came with a wire, was just trying to check if it would work ok with the LRP.

I'll let you know if it's the new style (I know, I should have gone SS, but I like to be different )

Regards
Ed
Old 12-20-2007, 05:58 PM   #555
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
I'll le you know if it's the new style... if you get what I mean (I know, I should have gone SS, but I like to be different
Oh, I can definitely relate. My peers at the track make fun of me saying I'll get something different as soon as someone else shows up with it. :-)

I need to get a picture of the 416 with the LRP ESC and Orion 13.5 in there, it looks pretty slick.