Tamiya F103 Forum

Like Tree9Likes

Tamiya F103 Forum

Old 06-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default setup sheets

Hey Fellas!

do any of you have a 'purpose built' setup sheet? The one I currently have (link pan car), just wont cut it.

I'm just looking for a blank template. If anyone has a PDF they could share, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

What part or parts do you folks suggest I get in order to fit lipo hardpacks ? I'm aware of the Yeah Racing alloy mattery mounts which are a bit longer ?? Are they the only way to go ?? Thanks
Old 06-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
What part or parts do you folks suggest I get in order to fit lipo hardpacks ? I'm aware of the Yeah Racing alloy mattery mounts which are a bit longer ?? Are they the only way to go ?? Thanks
The F-103 will fit with most lipos, it's very roomy.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Evoracer
I use the yeah racing battery holders...they are long enough for orion lipos with a bit of space. The other option is to use tape the lipo to the top deck 'wings', I think the stock setup is wide enough for a lipo. I do not know if the 3racing version of the battery holder is long enough for lipo? I will post pics of my set up tonight. The yeah racing battery holder also use ball/tweak screws set up for the t-bar like 1/12th. The parts are quality and come with high quality hex screws.

Pete
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F103 Forum-dsc00129-small-.jpg   Tamiya F103 Forum-dsc00134-small-.jpg  

Last edited by prhess; 06-10-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

^ Is that an F103LM chassis?
Old 06-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prhess
I use the yeah racing battery holders...they are long enough for orion lipos with a bit of space. The other option is to use tape the lipo to the top deck 'wings', I think the stock setup is wide enough for a lipo. I do not know if the 3racing version of the battery holder is long enough for lipo? I will post pics of my set up tonight. The yeah racing battery holder also use ball/tweak screws set up for the t-bar like 1/12th. The parts are quality and come with high quality hex screws.

Pete
Thanks Pete,
My 4000 Zippy pack will slide in to the chassis but the holders aren't quite long enough to allow the battery hold down cups( or caps) to mount. I suppose I could force them by bending the mounting pins but I think the Yeah racing pieces are what I need. Either that or start using Mini Lipos.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Need help on rubber tire selection for outdoor asphalt track.

Do you guys can help me with rubber tire selection for my F103? I am running on asphalt dedicated track. The surface has low to medium grip, depending on the time of the day. I am currently running foams, but I am about 0.8s a lap off the pace from the top two guys that are running rubbers on their F104.

What brand for front and rears and suggested compounds. I want to try something super soft on rear tire compound and medium in the front. Any recommendations for you guys running on asphalt surfaces?
Old 06-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by svt-racer
Do you guys can help me with rubber tire selection for my F103? I am running on asphalt dedicated track. The surface has low to medium grip, depending on the time of the day. I am currently running foams, but I am about 0.8s a lap off the pace from the top two guys that are running rubbers on their F104.

What brand for front and rears and suggested compounds. I want to try something super soft on rear tire compound and medium in the front. Any recommendations for you guys running on asphalt surfaces?
How come your F103 on foam isn't killin the F104s on rubber?
You running premounts?

The only way that happens around here is when the drivers are on a different level.

Same driver with each car should have the F103/foam combo checked out and gone, up to 1 second a lap.

The F103 rubber choice here tho is the Ride A compound.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

The foams were not working on their cars either. They had rubber tires to try and run and got them to hook up. I didn't have any rubber tires to try, hence I ended up with roughly 0.8s per lap disadvantage over them. For some reason, the foams tires on our sealed asphalt track do not hook up as good as rubber tires do.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Well the Tamiya and Ride tires are temperature sensitive. In areas with a warmer climate you'll want to run the B compound tire. In areas with a cooler climate you'll want to run the A compound tire. As for the other brands I don't know.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by svt-racer
The foams were not working on their cars either. They had rubber tires to try and run and got them to hook up. I didn't have any rubber tires to try, hence I ended up with roughly 0.8s per lap disadvantage over them. For some reason, the foams tires on our sealed asphalt track do not hook up as good as rubber tires do.
Now that you mention it, Tamiya Aliso resealed their track last year and the traction was lackin bigtime on foams.
Got better later on then it rained and rained just before the regionals and the track was terrible for foams again, lots of guys chose not to run that class.

For the next round of regionals, track was prepped and the traction was dialed for everyone.
I'm pretty sure if the top drivers in attendance had chosen the F103 and foams they would have disappeared in that class.
As it was, some of the top guys chose either F104 on foam which was not quite quick enough to get to the front of that class (good for me and Mr.MPH cuz we chose 103 foam and it was hooked) or they ran F104 on rubber which had that top driver put down the fastest TQ time by a few tenths over the top TQ F103 on foam.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Our track gets sealed every year prior to the start of the season in May. So we do get the newly sealed surface every year. I noticed that it is a bit tricky to make it work with foams.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

I read on another forum that F-104 rubber will be the only F-1 class at the TCS Nationals this year. Has anyone else heard this rumor? If thats the case I wonder just how much longer Tamiya will offer parts and support for the F-103, you do remember the F-201 dont you??
Old 06-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Not only the F201...I remember the first time the F103 was discontinued and the F101 and F102s before that.

Still got a bunch of F201 parts around...mostly stock replacment stuff and the tires that ppl didn't want.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Default F103LM

Originally Posted by gtfour93
^ Is that an F103LM chassis?
Ya its a audi R8R chassis, so the LM came in two versions;

Audi R8R - FRP chassis
F103LM-TRF - Full carbon wide chassis and deck and every option in blue, including blue laydown servo mount, but no body.

Both kits came with great type A reinforced rubber slicks.

The other bodies they made that fit came with rs chassis.

1998 Porsche 911 gt-one
1998 Toyota TS020
1999 Toyota TS020

Blade, cross and ABC hobbies make some great bodies for the LM or any 200mm/260mm WB F103 chassis aswell, like the Blade Peugeot 905.

Pete

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.