Search
Like Tree9Likes

Tamiya F103 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Need Help...

My friend and I have both been having similar problems with our cars and we can't seem to find the solution... someone out there must know the answer

F103 and F103GT.... same problem... slower speeds, making a turn, as soon as I lift off the gas, the rear end of the car swings around... If I hold on the trigger slightly, it reduces the problem...

It's driving me nuts

I have a F103 that does not have this problem at all, so I know it can be fixed...

Please help...
Old 11-30-2009, 02:54 AM
Tech Master

i have similar problem after i change the tires.................. lift up the acceleration car spin straight away even with very little steering.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I had that goin on too.

Made sure no dragbrake, actually had it creepin forward when off the trigger and it still spun out.

Found my ride height just a tiny bit too low and the chassis would drag on the front of the T plate, right at the belly of the chassis when letting off and the weight transferred to the front.
I found this by putting a piece of tape on the chassis to see if it was dragging.
Made sure the center did not "hang" too low, corrected that and it was fine.
Either raise the ride height or add a little preload to the spring.
Something I always check now, not too much sag and not too low of a ride height.

May work for you?
Old 11-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I had that goin on too.

Made sure no dragbrake, actually had it creepin forward when off the trigger and it still spun out.

Found my ride height just a tiny bit too low and the chassis would drag on the front of the T plate, right at the belly of the chassis when letting off and the weight transferred to the front.
I found this by putting a piece of tape on the chassis to see if it was dragging.
Made sure the center did not "hang" too low, corrected that and it was fine.
Either raise the ride height or add a little preload to the spring.
Something I always check now, not too much sag and not too low of a ride height.

May work for you?
I have my throttle setting where the car slowly turns the wheels forward off throttle, and then I went back one click...

Ride height is 5mm rear and 4mm front...

The ESC I have a cheap model and can not be adjusted, has 0% drag break built in...

I'm running the center shock with no spring, so that is something I can try... I just set it up that way because my other F103 works the best at WCRC with that set up...
Old 11-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightfoot
My friend and I have both been having similar problems with our cars and we can't seem to find the solution... someone out there must know the answer

F103 and F103GT.... same problem... slower speeds, making a turn, as soon as I lift off the gas, the rear end of the car swings around... If I hold on the trigger slightly, it reduces the problem...

It's driving me nuts

I have a F103 that does not have this problem at all, so I know it can be fixed...

Please help...
you may have "drag brake"
in one profile i was running some problem everytime i lifted of for a corner she would spinout.

i found i was running a very little amount of drag.

dropped it to zero and presto no more spin.

Check your radio settings

The Rat
Old 11-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Swamp Rat
you may have "drag brake"
in one profile i was running some problem everytime i lifted of for a corner she would spinout.

i found i was running a very little amount of drag.

dropped it to zero and presto no more spin.

Check your radio settings

The Rat
The ESC has no drag break, and when I hold the car in my hands and give it gas and suddenly let off, the tires keep spinning for about 2 seconds... drag break does sound like the obvious cause but unfortunately that's not it... I'm using a 4PK and can't find anything in the manual for setting drag brake...
Old 11-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It's driving me nuts

Please help...
If you are on a larger outdoor track, you may actually want enough "roll" in the radio that you'll have to hold the brake at the start of the race. I have had buddies who are A main national racers run up to +50 Forward on their radios in touring car with brushed stock motors. Just try a few setting to see what suits you.

Putting some heavy 1/8 diff oil on the front king pins can help as well. Start with 20,000 wt.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

It's driving me nuts

Please help...
if im correct i believe that you are getting way too much weight transfering to the front of the car off power so try slowing that down by using a stiffer center spring.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer x 1
if im correct i believe that you are getting way too much weight transfering to the front of the car off power so try slowing that down by using a stiffer center spring.
Thanks Matt, I will try that as well... At least I have a few things to try next time out...
Old 11-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

thats what im thinking lightfoot, i hope that it works for you. if im around next time i have a few other things that we could try to.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer x 1
thats what im thinking lightfoot, i hope that it works for you. if im around next time i have a few other things that we could try to.
Thanks dude... if you get your F1 by this Saturday and your not working swing by WCRC grand opening, were going to have a F1 class...
Old 11-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

ima try!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks dude... if you get your F1 by this Saturday and your not working swing by WCRC grand opening, were going to have a F1 class...
That's what I'm thinkin, if you have an F1 and have been wantin to run it, this is the perfect time to bring it out.

Shoot, bar b que, racin and even double racebux if you can pull off a win or 2!

Gonna be a blast!
Old 12-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default WCRC F1 racing

Looks like we have a regular F1 race schedule at WCRC...
3rd Sunday of every month, starting with December 27th 2009

Check site for more details....

http://www.charleslightfoot.com/WCRC_F1.html

Last edited by lightfoot; 12-09-2009 at 09:34 AM. Reason: date of event changed from 4th to 3rd Sunday
Old 12-08-2009, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by danny4r
bak kata leman tungging dulu lerrrr.....
jgn guna ayat aku lah...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.