R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   The TCS Thermal Cooling System (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/179622-tcs-thermal-cooling-system.html)

bxpitbull 09-01-2007 11:08 PM

The TCS Thermal Cooling System

I know its been a hot minute since this hit the scene and some like it, others do not. Here we go. With all this talk about motors running hot, equipment failing, speedos burning out, all of which prompted sanctioning bodies to bring on 5 cell racing, then why hasnt there been an adjustment made to accomodate those who elect to run a cooling system? Yea yea yea, people worry about crashes and liquid all over the place (some people have crashed and said it doesnt leak if braced properly), but why hasnt there been any accomodations made for additional cooling (ROAR, no holes in the body to accomodate cooling or downforce) or any racers that have braced this form of additional cooling on the motor and/or ESC? Just curious...comments and remember...NO FLAMING!

Stampede 09-02-2007 06:26 AM

If that system fails during a carpet race, forget it. As far as the additional cooling holes, vents, etc., the powers that be are strange. At the Nats last winter, my body, not my chassis, didn't pass pre-race tech due to there not being a pillar painted separating the front and rear side windows. I understand trying to maintain a "sedan" appearance, but come on. It was a Mohawk...to my knowledge, there's no such thing as a Chevy or Toyota Mohawk.

UN4RACING 09-02-2007 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Stampede (Post 3635243)
If that system fails during a carpet race, forget it. As far as the additional cooling holes, vents, etc., the powers that be are strange. At the Nats last winter, my body, not my chassis, didn't pass pre-race tech due to there not being a pillar painted separating the front and rear side windows. I understand trying to maintain a "sedan" appearance, but come on. It was a Mohawk...to my knowledge, there's no such thing as a Chevy or Toyota Mohawk.

Thats down right silly.:mad:

I don't see why you couldn't make a cooling hole or tube to the esc or motor.?
Its really no different than gas racing.
Indoors I don't think it would be that important, outdoors 1/4 inch off the hot ground and it would be nice to let some cool air in from the top of the car.

sportpak 09-02-2007 06:51 AM

With as tight as TC chassis are getting for electronics? Bl systems are tough sometimesto fit neatly. I don't think I want to fit anymore junk on there than I need too.

Ben

UN4RACING 09-02-2007 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by sportpak (Post 3635283)
With as tight as TC chassis are getting for electronics? Bl systems are tough sometimesto fit neatly. I don't think I want to fit anymore junk on there than I need too.

Ben

I would never put all that crap on my car either, but running lipos it would help me make weight.:D
I would on the other hand possibly try some cut outs.:nod: