Wiki Posts
Search

EP4200's

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Its all good man... Im not judging. Im just posting silly pictures.
Or8ital, you know I take it in stride. Even if you got at me, I know you can take it. Personally, I think its hilarious. The anger comes in when people dis folks and then when you say something back, they toss out the proverbial "internet tough guy"
Old 09-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

RMD, valid points. Thats what this thread was started for. Data and remarks to draw points of contention or support. I dont look for people to have a "sub c from China watch", but, to give fair credence to some of the lipos that are being produced over there. Thats the point I was trying to make.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Or8ital, you know I take it in stride. Even if you got at me, I know you can take it. Personally, I think its hilarious. The anger comes in when people dis folks and then when you say something back, they toss out the proverbial "internet tough guy"
Whatever internet tough guy....
Old 09-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by or8ital
Whatever internet tough guy....
i'll be that ya bastid
Old 09-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I think it's possible that NiMH battery failures are statistically insignificant.
NIMH failures used to be somewhat* statistically insignificant until IB4200's came on the scene. Those cells made racers like me look into lipo and other NIMH cells in order to avoid throwing more good money down on crappy cells.

*Most industries shoot for having no more than 3.4 defective products per 1 million sold. I'd say batteries in general (not just rc batteries) have a hard time meeting that six sigma standard.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RMD, valid points. Thats what this thread was started for. Data and remarks to draw points of contention or support. I dont look for people to have a "sub c from China watch", but, to give fair credence to some of the lipos that are being produced over there. Thats the point I was trying to make.
The thing is, that once a company/country gets a bad rap for something, it's hard from them to dig themselves out of the proverbial 10 foot hole - kind of like 3Racing and their nitro drivetrain parts.

Because I'm coming late to the party as far as Lipo is concerned, I have no history on Lipo batteries manufactured in China. When people say they are "bad", is that based on first hand experience or second hand based on what people posted here in the forum? Are currently manufactured Lipo batteries from China just as "bad" as they were when they first got the bad rap?

BTW... Aren't all the sub-c batteries we use manufactured in China??
Old 09-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Leodis
NIMH failures used to be somewhat* statistically insignificant until IB4200's came on the scene. Those cells made racers like me look into lipo and other NIMH cells in order to avoid throwing more good money down on crappy cells.
Thanks for the background info.

Originally Posted by Leodis
*Most industries shoot for having no more than 3.4 defective products per 1 million sold. I'd say batteries in general (not just rc batteries) have a hard time meeting that six sigma standard.
3.4!!!?? Wow! That is really low. But like that 46 million Nokia battery recall, 100 overheated batteries just isn't acceptable..
Old 09-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Thats what my point was. IB blowing up, EP's venting. People are saying one is better than the other. Ok, I can live with that. But, the STIGMA is almost non-existant. Go to a lipo thread and say you are interested in some cells that arent Orion...put on your battle armor. The "hater-ation" is lessening because more reputable companies are loaning their names to "non-hard cased" lipos obviously made in China. But, prior to that, it was horrendous. My point was to discuss EP because I knew they were made in China. When a user corrected me, I rephrased and asked why arent sub c's from China subject to the same scrutiny as lipos from China? It was a question to draw awareness and for people to give points...valid ones like yours, leodis, un4racing, rmlw, rcmarket..not the mudslinging of others.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I realize now that most of the hate directed toward LiPo is because of the people that support it. Sorry to have been part of that problem.

/retired
Old 09-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I realize now that most of the hate directed toward LiPo is because of the people that support it. Sorry to have been part of that problem.

/retired
Syndrome, if people develop a disliking for a product based on their disdain and personal dislike for someone who has zero bearing on its performance, then they need help. When you talk about which cells are better, I may not like what you say, but it doesnt deter me from going with Maxamps. Those are your opinions, many supported by facts. I elect to buy MaxAmps because thats what I like. If anyone in here decides to dislike lipo and stay with 4200's because of me, then they are shallow.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Lord

Syndrome, if people develop a disliking for a product based on their disdain and personal dislike for someone who has zero bearing on its performance, then they need help. When you talk about which cells are better, I may not like what you say, but it doesnt deter me from going with Maxamps. Those are your opinions, many supported by facts. I elect to buy MaxAmps because thats what I like. If anyone in here decides to dislike lipo and stay with 4200's because of me, then they are shallow.
It's kind of like Scientology(tm). Do people dislike it because they disagree with their beliefs, or because they often find the people involved with it to be unpleasant?

I'm not saying it's right, but it very well may be human nature. Nobody likes a zealot.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by McSmooth
Give it a rest. Your whole point to this thread was to further your own LiPo agenda, and everyone can see that.
Pitbull, this is the reason I poked at you. I believe this to be the reason you started this thread whether you agree or disagree.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
It's kind of like Scientology(tm). Do people dislike it because they disagree with their beliefs, or because they often find the people involved with it to be unpleasant?

I'm not saying it's right, but it very well may be human nature. Nobody likes a zealot.

Never thought of it that way, good point. Could be a combination of both. Nonetheless, these folks that come off as "know it alls" should make decision based on their own research...not because they dont like you or hate me. Guess its a few more gifts I can count on not getting this year
Attached Thumbnails EP4200's-1309581289_cd77027328_o%5B1%5D.gif  
Old 09-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Um, no jackass. It was in response to another thread where I inquired about lipos that were not made by Kokam. They were slammed for being sub-par lipos made in China. I thought that if lipos made in China were "so crappy" and looked down on, then why not sub c's??? Before you speak to me, get the facts and put an eye on your lips and WATCH YOUR MOUTH!
Originally Posted by cannon
I think that you will find that all Ni-Mh cells are made in China not just the EP4200 cell
[QUOTE=bxpitbull;3634847]thats the answer I was looking for. If most (I dont think ALL) are made in China, whats to say they arent cutting corners with Nimh, like some claim they are with lipo? when it comes to lipo, if people hear "made in china", they go into hissies, but that sentiment is silenced when it comes to sub c???? why the double standard? With all the 4200 sub c's venting and exploding and the threads to prove it, why are people so mum about it, but if a lipo fails, not but doesnt give an hours run time, people are coming out of the woodwork to slam chinese made lipos? I am not a proponent for chinese lipos, but I want equal SLAMMING[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by JoelV
Pitbull, this is the reason I poked at you. I believe this to be the reason you started this thread whether you agree or disagree.
No JoelV, this is why I started the thread. But, you have seen me around, you know poking fun aint cool..especially when I asked folks to be civil and take it easy. McSmooth came out of left field saying I had an agenda. Nonsense. He can post his "Real men of R/C" stuff, and thats funny. But his potshots, not so funny.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Lord

Never thought of it that way, good point. Could be a combination of both. Nonetheless, these folks that come off as "know it alls" should make decision based on their own research...not because they dont like you or hate me. Guess its a few more gifts I can count on not getting this year
Well, it's at the point now where I wouldn't bring up LiPo if I met a new group of R/C racers from a different track or something. I wouldn't want to be considered one of them. Threads like this (and all LiPo threads lately) make me feel like LiPo guys aren't people I'd want to hang out with. I know it's just the internet, but R/C seems like a small enough crowd that the attitudes on here would very much carry over to real life. That's a bad thing, because this thread makes the LiPo crowd sound like a bunch of douchebags.

I realize I've done my part in the past to contribute to the problem, and I regret that. Consider this my official turnaround. Sorry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.