R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 05:13 PM   #76
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by barber View Post
i have a ice and never took note if the temperature probe is off ,would the temperature probe from the ice work on the checkpoint charger.
It works fine in both my Ice and checkpoint. It also is the same amount off in both chargers so it seems to be the probe itself that isn't 100% accurate and not the charger.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:34 PM   #77
Tech Master

As the former head of matching at Fusion Batteries I can say this.....You gotta try really hard to blow up 3 packs of EP's in one day. Those cells are the closest things to 3300 we have seen in a long time. tHEY ARE VERY ROBUST INDEED. I don't think that that Brad at Hurricane knows how to give bad service when approached politely and with the truth and facts. I personally know that had this person had a bad cell or even a bad pack that it could have gotten replaced for free. However when you lie and don't give all of the facts then what do you expect. I was looking for a place to get my cells from after I left Fusion batteries. I settled on Hurricane for a reason. I know that quality of the products that brad turns out. Nuff said. I know junk cells when I see them....prolly better than most people. Brad does not produce a junk product. Try to keep sight of where the truth and facts are in this case.

john

Last edited by John Malin; 09-04-2007 at 08:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-04-2007, 09:34 PM   #78
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh H View Post
Remember boys.........the most accurate temperature is taken where the sun don't shine

so have fun checking those chargers
Old 09-04-2007, 10:18 PM   #79
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default hey brad

First off I never came out and said who you where on here you did that. second customer service did you on the phone tell me to be quite and listen in a loud tone. As to over power me so I couldnít talk. as I said all I ever wanted from you was to know why the packs never took the charge, and if I was doing something wrong, what it was and how to fix it. this whole thing is because of the tone that you used on the phone, telling a customer to be quite and listen when that customer was trying to tell there full side of the story that I never got to say while on the phone with you because I was being told to be quite and listen. if I ever did that with one of my customer I would have been fired on the spot. third when Kevin did take the time to help me with the batteries I remember that the packs only took 4150mah and Kevin said that was normal. Kevin I do thank you for you help. forth I never wanted a refund for the packs, all I wanted is for the packs to take the charge that they should have. now we both know what you said about the charger and I do have a witness that will confirm that you said it was junk. now as for the forums this is a place where a racer can come to vent about a problem that they are having, and other racers maybe having the same problem. so how everybody form team hurricane got involved I donít know. and how other people that are not on the team or are apart of the situation got involved I donít know. but to be clear I was on here venting about a problem that I was having which is why this thread is here right. I never came out and said that it was you or your company nor was I going to. as a human im sure that we are all aloud to vent. Brad we both know where I work and what kind of a deal I was trying to put together , but if a kid where to call you up and say he was having problems would you tell him to be quite and listen in the same tone that you did with me?
Old 09-04-2007, 10:52 PM   #80
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

RLMV, I held you down....I told dudes to get both sides....glad you came in to put your side in. People saying how robust 4200's are, but I am hearing more about them explode since lipo really began to take off

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:15 PM   #81
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLMW VQ View Post
if I ever did that with one of my customer I would have been fired on the spot.
Well Brad I guess you will have to fire yourself
Old 09-05-2007, 01:00 AM   #82
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
**Who is he to tell a customer that, and when that customer try’s to bring him another company with the need for over 300 packs a week. that is more business than most indepent battery companies do in two weeks.** so in my opinion I will be getting new batteries from someone else and as for the company that I was going to bring him we will just see because as a customer the service I received was horrible.

Quote:
I never came out and said that it was you or your company nor was I going to. as a human im sure that we are all aloud to vent. **Brad we both know where I work and what kind of a deal I was trying to put together **, but if a kid where to call you up and say he was having problems would you tell him to be quite and listen in the same tone that you did with me?
You're trying to hold something over Brad's head here, since the first post. It looks to me like you wanted to mention his company, or at least get people to ask you who it was. Was this an attempt to get what you wanted by threatening to make him look bad on the internet? I don't know. I think that Brad wanted his side of the story out because he doesn't seem to have anything to hide.

Not to mention, you seem to have had these packs for a while. 2 people from Hurricane instructed you on what to do. I don't think there's much more they could have done for you.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 09-05-2007, 01:53 AM   #83
Tech Regular

Vic I think it's time for you to be humble and admit you made a big boo boo.

You still seem to have it in your head that they energy the charger has used is some how important. IT IS NOT, STOP THINKING IT MATTERS. The only way to test the 100% capacity of your cell is to discharge them to 0 volts with a very small current, like 24 hours. Even if you have 4200 rate packs, at 30 amp discharge you will never see anywhere near this number, because a lot of that energy is wasted due to internal resistance, and you wont be discharging them down to 0 volts.

You need to learn the basic before you blow your own head off.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:28 AM   #84
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default batteries

Started to read this thread only cos I bought some EP to try em out.
Reading some guy blowing up several packs on a day etc
How many of you actually check that your equaliser/discharge tray is working correctly you might have lights that go on and off or whatever but the discharge circuitry maybe not working on one cell so when you start to charge the pack that cell is heating up quite a bit.
Hope this helps
Old 09-05-2007, 04:40 AM   #85
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull View Post
RLMV, I held you down....I told dudes to get both sides....glad you came in to put your side in. People saying how robust 4200's are, but I am hearing more about them explode since lipo really began to take off
Oh shut up already. Your only purpose in starting this thread was to recruit more people to run lipo. Everything you say regarding nimh and/or brushed motors is negative. I hope you don't base your experience with nimh off the batteries in your sig (venom 4600)
Old 09-05-2007, 05:19 AM   #86
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
...and when that customer tryís to bring him another company with the need for over 300 packs a week. that is more business than most indepent battery companies do in two weeks.
For real, Vic? 300 packs a week? Brad, save me a spot on the new corporate jet!!
Old 09-05-2007, 05:36 AM   #87
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
I think I will a cell distributor should never said something like that. I also may call duratax and tell them about it. I sure that they would like to know about it.
Quote:
First off I never came out and said who you where on here you did that.
... I never came out and said that it was you or your company nor was I going to. ...
Hey Vic, in all honesty, these quotes are a little contradictory. Like Rob said, Brad really didn't have anything to hide, so I can understand why he chose to explain the whole situation to everyone. If anything, the information is helpful to other people who may have followed the charging technique you used. Next time we're at the track, come to one of us. I know that when you're a little new to this stuff, it's easy to overthink a lot of the charging/discharging stuff. I use an Integy Reactor to discharge my cells, then I put them on a Novak Smart Tray, then I just charge them up on the Pitbull X3. Using the long lockout (as I'm sure you know) is really dangerous unless you're absolutely sure about what you're doing and what's left in the cell before you charge.
At the track you're always really receptive to advice, so I'm sure once you check out all your equipment and get in the routine of using it, it'll all be fine.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:29 AM   #88
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelV View Post
Oh shut up already. Your only purpose in starting this thread was to recruit more people to run lipo. Everything you say regarding nimh and/or brushed motors is negative. I hope you don't base your experience with nimh off the batteries in your sig (venom 4600)
Um, maybe someone needs to school lil joey v about my aggressive attitude and potential to being a nasty sonofabitch. Or maybe, point him in the direction of the beginning of this thread which was to discuss the possibilty that Nimh should be looked at with a cautious eye like Lipos coming out of China; as well as the line where I clearly posted NO FLAMING OR ARGUING, this is a topic for discussion. Lil joey, get this through your head and lets be clear...never address me again. I do not work for any lipo companies nor am I in the business of trying to "recruit" anyone. I do not dislike Nimh or brushed, I just prefer longer run times and less maintennance. In addition, I made the statement to RMLV to let him know that I asked the room to reserve judgement until he was able to defend his side of the story AND, it suffices it to say that, there have been a higher number of mishaps being reported as of late, many of which are 4200's....regardless of the maker. This thread was not started to dis any particular brand and I ammended that shortly into the discussion. When things started to get heated, I asked people to remain civil and keep the personal attacks in check...not as a moderator wannabe, but to keep the thread alive. Remember this joel, and do not address me again. And oh yea, if you think for five seconds that I base my "dislike" for nimh is based on venoms 4600's, maybe you should do a lil research. I personally like the IB3800's, the cells I prefer to run when I do run nimh's. So, when you remove the foot from your mouth to speak, make sure the first thing out of it is some humility.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
Old 09-05-2007, 08:27 AM   #89
Tech Adept

Where's Michael Vic???
Old 09-05-2007, 08:29 AM   #90
Tech Adept

Have fun racing at your local track! You shoudn't catch much backlash from this!
Closed Thread