R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   EP4200's (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/179621-ep4200s.html)

Josh Hohnstein 09-02-2007 06:21 PM

Your comparing apples and monkeys.

bxpitbull 09-02-2007 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Josh H (Post 3636320)

Is that so? Ok, so whenever something that is made in China has a problem, people come out of the woodwork to say "you cant trust chinese manufacturiing standards", so you are saying that EP has it right and all of the other chinese companies are wrong? This isnt about comparing the cells, but discussing the standards.

Verndog 09-02-2007 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by bxpitbull (Post 3636334)
This isnt about comparing the cells, but discussing the standards.

We opened a division in China 3 years ago. Our quality rating and standard has held to better then 99% (aerospace manufacturer). When you discuss the standards coming out of China, that is a short subject...there aren't any. Thats one reason things are sooo cheap. The standards are up to the companies (mostly US) that buy these and sell to the population. Maybe you've heard of Chinese toy companies being busted for lead in paint on kids toys, or magnets being swallowed by kids. They dont care, life means far less to them then us...if we buy it the'll make it, period.

You may have noticed there was a serious shortage of IB GP ect cells over the last year...that is why, the US companies are clamping down and weeding out the garbage cells from all the bad press. Several well known retailers quit selling them altogether. So your arguement IMO holds no basis, you have to single out the companies selling the crap, regardless of where they are made...their label is on it, and they reap the profit of the $2.00 hour wage. And if they leave the inspection standards to the Chinese to inspect...they're going to be selling junk.

~end of rant~:eek:

bxpitbull 09-02-2007 08:38 PM

Vern, it's not an arguement of manufacturers, in fact, its not even an arguement. The point for discussion is the consumer. What I am talking about is simple. If you mention Chinese and Lipo in the same sentence, people will say the cells more than likely are trash. Cool, I can live with that. My alterior thought is why doesnt this type of thinking occur when it comes to their sub c cells? Thats it. Many items that come out of China are below "American standards", that we all can agree on. I am narrowing the discussion to lipo and sub c...not dolls, lead paint tainted toys etc etc.

loopedeloop 09-02-2007 08:58 PM

Maybe its because NiMh is now "older technology".
I remember back a couple of years when the 1st generation 4200's were
giving problems, there were a lot of "hater" threads about it.
So probably, its because all NiMh's were manufactured in china and you couldnt say they were cheap chinese junk with out it becoming a generalisation that covered all NiMh of chinese manufacture.

If we had a lot of those new cells (then) explode as spectacularly as the Lipo's do we would no doubt have seen the same reaction as we now see about Lipo's.

I dunno just a thought.....................

bxpitbull 09-02-2007 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by loopedeloop (Post 3636723)
Maybe its because NiMh is now "older technology".
I remember back a couple of years when the 1st generation 4200's were
giving problems, there were a lot of "hater" threads about it.
So probably, its because all NiMh's were manufactured in china and you couldnt say they were cheap chinese junk with out it becoming a generalisation that covered all NiMh of chinese manufacture.

If we had a lot of those new cells (then) explode as spectacularly as the Lipo's do we would no doubt have seen the same reaction as we now see about Lipo's.

I dunno just a thought.....................

Thank you. Thats exactly what I was looking to read.:)

Verndog 09-02-2007 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by bxpitbull (Post 3636663)
If you mention Chinese and Lipo in the same sentence, people will say the cells more than likely are trash. Cool, I can live with that. My alterior thought is why doesnt this type of thinking occur when it comes to their sub c cells?

And my whole point is...you hear more because they are more "spectacular" and damaging. As far as bashing solely because they are from China...ignorance. Its the retailer and their standards that will determine the quality standard and therefore the amount of problems...no matter where they are made.

$rusty$ 09-02-2007 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by bxpitbull (Post 3636314)
I have to correct my initial post. The hateration is not directed at EP4200's. They were mentioned strictly because they are made in China. Now, if they are of good quality and meet excellent standards, my question is to the chinese-made lipo haters.....are chinese made lipos not as good as chinese made sub c's???

Originally Posted by Josh H (Post 3636320)

What he meant was that you are comparing lipo and NiMH. Two completely different things. Honestly, there is no argument here, just "venting" on your part.

bxpitbull 09-02-2007 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Verndog (Post 3636772)
Any my whole point is...you hear more because they are more "spectacular" and damaging. As far as bashing solely because they are from China...ignorance. Its the retailer and their standards that will determine the quality standard and therefore the amount of problems...no matter where they are made.

I'll buy that for a dollar. I mean, everything cant possibly that bad coming out of China. Not that I am supporting their stuff, they are laying out a terrible track record and many things that may have gone undetected or been ignored, are now surfacing and everything that is coming out of China is being scrutinized.

RC MARKET 09-02-2007 10:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
EP
Bomb

cannon 09-02-2007 11:05 PM

EP Bomb. No different to GP and IB bombs when they are abused or charged incorrectly by idiots

loopedeloop 09-02-2007 11:07 PM

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

WOW

Was that operator error or Bad cells???:eek:

bxpitbull 09-03-2007 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by cannon (Post 3637029)
EP Bomb. No different to GP and IB bombs when they are abused or charged incorrectly by idiots

Take it easy with the abusive language, I dont want this to become a mud-slinging fest. I know I am not a moderator nor do I want to be one, but the conversation was getting good.

sportpak 09-03-2007 07:26 AM

First double post.......

sportpak 09-03-2007 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by cannon (Post 3637029)

That battery must have gotten a look at your avatar:eek:!
Sorry guys, carry on.
Ben