R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-03-2007, 09:39 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I would say the BMI Racing DB12R gets my vote for the best car to start with. It will not tweak. It also retains tons of corner speed out of the box with very little set up changes. It also includes tons of upgrades and nice stuff for the $250 price tag, that you won't get with other cars for the same price.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #32
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Team Kwik Send a message via MSN to Team Kwik

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
That depends on how many former national champions were behind you.
I must have totally missed that car winning a big race, let alone something like 23 national championships. If you want to let results speak for a product a little more than a club race is required. Our guys routinely lose club races while trying new things and testing upcoming products. That's nothing more than a poor attempt at fooling people into thinking that the product had anything to do with those results.

In the tradition of letting actual results speak for themselves:

2006 IIC: Speedmerchant Wins
2006 Indoor Champs: Speedmerchant Wins
2007 Carpet Nats: Speedmerchant Wins All 3 12th Scale Classes

Winning 3 out of the 4 big carpet races in 1 year, that's proof.

Nick
Old 09-03-2007, 12:31 PM   #33
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kwik View Post
I must have totally missed that car winning a big race, let alone something like 23 national championships. If you want to let results speak for a product a little more than a club race is required. Our guys routinely lose club races while trying new things and testing upcoming products. That's nothing more than a poor attempt at fooling people into thinking that the product had anything to do with those results.

Nick
You are right...its was just a club race...that TJ Bradly is a hack and can't drive a 1/12th scale (i'm kidding TJ).

As far as results... BMI has not been around in 1/12th for as long as Bruce has so just give us some time
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:56 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kwik View Post

Nick
Totaly agree with this, the new BMI car looks great and may well prove itself but as of now its still an unproven design. Vegas should give the DB12R its first real test. As for the OP's question parts support is key, any of the current designs can be great when a great wheelman is doing the driving. But for local/club action you need to have parts avalible that moment, not 3 days mail away. I suggest that you start with a 12l4 every hobby store I've ever been to carries AE parts. Another thought if you can try and run some different models at your local track. If any of the other racers will let you wheel their car you can get a feel for the different designs. Remember this is a drivers class not like touring where the car is the driving factor in going fast.
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:35 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TMR CHASSIS

HYPERDRIVE PRO3 1/12 scale!!!
TMR CHASSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:35 PM   #36
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i dont mean to come on here and disrupt a thread that was a simple question being asked.any of the cars out there will work well.our new design is only a few weeks old as far as being available to the public so no,we have not won 50 national titles in a few weeks.you guys need to let that stuff go.when you sponsor the usual A main drivers,you will win or make the top 10 reguardless of which car you drive.beteween crc,speedmerchant,and cefx,most of the fast usual top 10 are taken at this time.they will win no matter what.it has nothing to do with which car they drive.the same guys are the same national champions year after year so if this is your arguement for a good car,it is not a good one.crc,speedmerchant,AE,ect all make nice cars.support for them is better in some areas than others.AE wins that contest.crc and speedmerchant parts are like needles in haystacks down here so if someone local to me wanted to get either of those car,it will be 3 or more day shipment just as mine are to most areas right now.my oppinion is take a look at the cars themselves and make your judgement from that.see what they offer and you will see which one is the best bang for the buck.Our DB12R is going to be supported worldwide.our parts support and tech support is extremely good and we will be seen in most hobby stores shortly.we have a solid design that made the top 10 at snowbirds on its first test.i guess that is all car and no driver though according to some of these post. you guys really should start giving informative posts instead of being salesman.tell this guy what the highs and lows of the car you like are so the guy has some solid info.not listing national titles and telling him my design is not proven.proven doesnt mean having the best drivers do well.seeing average drivers do well is more realistic.all the cars do well.i have seen them all do well.it comes down to ease of setup and lack of maintanence which we have covered with our car.setup is easy and it holds its setup and lets you finish races.all upgrades are included such as titanium front axles and turnbuckles,servo mounts that allow you to run the servo flat or angled,boca bearings,IRS shock and upper hinge pins,nickle teflon pivot balls and ballstuds,brushless friendly rear pod design,the list goes on.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #37
Tech Lord

that post is not directed at all of you.it is just sometimes people have a hard time promoting there sponsor without stepping on others.there are other ways to get your point across.
J Concepts
Old 09-03-2007, 02:12 PM   #38
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Totaly agree with this, the new BMI car looks great and may well prove itself but as of now its still an unproven design. Vegas should give the DB12R its first real test. As for the OP's question parts support is key, any of the current designs can be great when a great wheelman is doing the driving. But for local/club action you need to have parts avalible that moment, not 3 days mail away. I suggest that you start with a 12l4 every hobby store I've ever been to carries AE parts. Another thought if you can try and run some different models at your local track. If any of the other racers will let you wheel their car you can get a feel for the different designs. Remember this is a drivers class not like touring where the car is the driving factor in going fast.
I am a new RC Tech guy, but I thought I would jump in here...

I just got a Gen-X and I am very happy with it. I actually had more trouble getting parts for my older L3 than this new car. Seems that Associated is not stocking L3/4 parts that much lately. I had trouble getting front end parts and t-bars.

I was leaning toward the CRC car all along, I did look into a Speedmerchant car, but the front end seemed archaic and I just could not get through, so I got the car that I initially caught my eye, the Gen X. I am quite please with the product and the help from CRC.
rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Check out the Hyperdrive Pro 12th..... I ran the car out of the box for the first time and I won the 3rd leg of the FCC Cup (Florida Carpet Cup) race with a few fast guys in it like EA, Jeff Brown, Jason Breiner....

Not bad for driving the car for 7 packs including qualifying and the main!!

By the way, most cars are variations of others. It mostly comes down to personal preference and parts support.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:18 PM   #40
Tech Lord

you got lucky sucka you did run good bro
J Concepts
Old 09-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #41
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
you got lucky sucka you did run good bro

how much is the db12r ??
Old 09-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Yeah..I seem to get "lucky" alot!!! Better lucky than good I guess, right?
Old 09-03-2007, 04:42 PM   #43
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

one word.... Cefx.. I think it is the best out there at this time..... I think everything josh is doing with his cars is amazing...

Mike
Old 09-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #44
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
how much is the db12r ??
250.00 for the car.we are also offering the car with your choice of tires(jaco prism) for 269.99. spare parts are in stock for the complete car.
J Concepts
Old 09-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock View Post
one word.... Cefx.. I think it is the best out there at this time..... I think everything josh is doing with his cars is amazing...

Mike

And what do you know about 12th scales?

LMFAO!!!! What's up B-Stock?