R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-01-2007, 10:27 AM   #16
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Someone needs to take their meds. Like was stated earlier, why is this up for debate? The 2 classes are different and shouldn't be compared on a competitive level. If Tosolini{using him as an example} ran an electric sedan and nitro sedan on the same track,depending on the track size,either car may have an advantage. Since these cars will never run against each other,why worry what is faster? You gotta love a mentally ill NYC local who loves to hear himself speak.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Someone needs to take their meds. Like was stated earlier, why is this up for debate? The 2 classes are different and shouldn't be compared on a competitive level. If Tosolini{using him as an example} ran an electric sedan and nitro sedan on the same track,depending on the track size,either car may have an advantage. Since these cars will never run against each other,why worry what is faster? You gotta love a mentally ill NYC local who loves to hear himself speak.
You know what, I speak only about a possiblity of racing in electric on road pass 5 minutes and people come in with insults..unneccessary and unwarranted. Now, I am one for mud-slinging, but this is unwarranted. I'm going to do what people have done to me...report this post.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #18
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Remember the report post button is on the top right hand side of the original post you want to complain about.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:36 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Years ago i remember pan cars with quick release batter's for some velodrome oval enduro.(i read this in one of the mags) I recall they hit a 3rd channel that unlucked the pack as it rolled to its pit stall the battery would fall onto the ground as the pit guy picked up the car to slapp in a fresh pack.... With 5000mah+ packs i could see this being a real possibility today!. Again to go quick release you need special chassis not sure if manufacures want to go down that road yet
Old 09-01-2007, 10:36 AM   #20
Tech Master

My post was to discuss how electric has the possibity to be more popular with longer mains and for discussion. RMDhawaii got a little slick out of his mouth, and I was cool by refraining from my usual abusive tone. I dont speak to hear myself "talk" by typing and am far from mentally ill. What you posted, direct personal slight, ordinarily, I would have flipped. From now on, I wont get personal, I will report folks, thats all.

As for quick release, I remember that. But, figure this. With lipo and brushless, the mains can be much longer and with one good pit and a good pit team, one battery swap can take the racing to 20-25 minute races. Then, guys would have to worry about gearing again, to stretch the legs of the battery and motor while monitoring temps....just like nitro. Joel, at least you get what I started this thread for..thank you.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #21
Tech Elite

at the track in my city nitro 1/10th 200mm runs around 21~23sec laps and electric 1/10th 190mm 19T spec with 6 cells NI-MH is around 18~20sec.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #22
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK.hardcore View Post
at the track in my city nitro 1/10th 200mm runs around 21~23sec laps and electric 1/10th 190mm 19T spec with 6 cells NI-MH is around 18~20sec.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:58 AM   #23
Tech Elite

This is too funny. The question asked was, "What do you think?" I expressed my opinion and now I'm the bad guy. In fact, anybody who agrees with me seems to be the bad guy as well. I didn't mean no disrespect and I certainly didn't insult you, but you took it that way. I don't get it.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:58 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
You gotta love a mentally ill NYC local who loves to hear himself speak.
Why the need for personal insults? Can't reasonable people have different opinions without getting abusive toward each other? It's not like we're discussing religion or politics here, it's r/c cars.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #25
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
This is too funny. The question asked was, "What do you think?" I expressed my opinion and now I'm the bad guy. In fact, anybody who agrees with me seems to be the bad guy as well. I didn't mean no disrespect and I certainly didn't insult you, but you took it that way. I don't get it.
Yours wasnt a true slight, more of a shoulder shrug; a no big deal type of response. The other dude posted a slight. Ordinarily, I'd flip out with insults, but not worth it. Your right and I apologize. Yours was your opinion...because it wasnt what I expected, I took it as a swipe and it probably wasnt one. Drive on.

Old 09-01-2007, 12:30 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull View Post
Yours wasnt a true slight, more of a shoulder shrug; a no big deal type of response. The other dude posted a slight. Ordinarily, I'd flip out with insults, but not worth it. Your right and I apologize. Yours was your opinion...because it wasnt what I expected, I took it as a swipe and it probably wasnt one. Drive on.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote