Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TA05 as Rally?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 12:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default TA05 as Rally?

Is TA05 a good platform to rally in? If so any tips? Like what's a good way to protect the belts and gears, shocks, etc.

Because i'm contemplating between TT01 and that. I know TT01 is definately good for rally, but TA05 has a lot more adjustability, which is something i also look for, unlike the TT01
Old 08-30-2007, 12:22 AM
Tech Regular

mu personal opinion.
TT01 would serve well as the gears are covered unlike TA05.
the fine sand would damaged your spur, pulley etc which might not be suitable for rally. I am not too sure whether TB02 could be used for rally too.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

it will depend on where you're going to run it. I just learned from a local racer here that a TA04 pro is actually being used for rally here in Manila without any internal body cover and with 64pitch gears at that.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Rookie

ahh. how about the TB02, how does it compare against the TT01? Hop-ups is not a factor becaus what TT01 hops up, TB02 already has (alum heatsink, ball bearings, alum driveshaft, adjustable camber/caster). The rest are aluminum knuckles, rigid steering, which they both have