Wiki Posts
Search

TC5 or Xray T2 007?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default TC5 or Xray T2 007?

Howdy Racers,
I am a 1/8 scale truggy racer going to on road. Are these 2 TC's pretty much the same? At this level of car, does it just come down to each persons brands preffernce? Any input would be great.
Thanks.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingDaddyRacing
Howdy Racers,
I am a 1/8 scale truggy racer going to on road. Are these 2 TC's pretty much the same? At this level of car, does it just come down to each persons brands preffernce? Any input would be great.
Thanks.

Id do the xray

But its more money, and parts for it are more money

A HB Cyclone rocks! I race a moore speed

And the TC5 is not very used where I race, so I cant comment really

I would do whatever car has best parts support, All the cars are equal really IMO
Old 08-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by KingDaddyRacing
Howdy Racers,
Thanks.
Whhhaaaattt?

An offroader coming to onroad? I thought it was the other way around.

I guess there's still light at the end of the tunnel for us onroad guys.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Both cars are built very well you will not go wrong with either car although I'm partial to X-Ray myself
Old 08-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would HIGHLY recommend the TC5. I was VERY impressed with the way the car handled right out of the box. And with a few minor setup changes, you'll look like a champ. However, the Xray is a great car as well. I recommend the TC5 due to its relatively low cost and parts support.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Both are amazing cars. I was talking to a team xray driver and he said if you want to save some money, buy the TC5. I am only going to be running once a month when I can not make the offroad races. Parts support is a non-issue for me as there is no LHS around me, and the track I will race at is 1.5hrs away. I would love to have the Xray, but my priority is saving money and retiring, not racing full time. (though I would enjoy it!) IF you can afford the Xray, its second to none. At the track I will be racing at, the largest percentage is Xray, however small that is, but I don't mind not having too much setup help, as its fun and rewarding to experiment.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

TC5 is probably the better bang for the buck. If you want the Xray wait until later this year to see what the T2008 offers. Don't buy the 007 just before they're going to replace it
Old 08-30-2007, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

The big advantage to the TC5 is the relatively low cost, also the car has a very high corneringspeed. Personally I prefer the TC5 over the 007.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To save money??
I have a 2007, right the car is more expensive but the quality of the material is quite high, i made a race of endurance of 2 hours and no damage at all.
So the car may be expensive but you donīt need to carry a box of spare parts like other cars, the money you save running with this car in one year you can by the 2008 next year, and every time you go running you know he is perfect, not like other car, problems with diferencial ......, tweak in chassi, arms broken....
Old 08-30-2007, 02:14 AM
Tech Adept

Driving with the TC5 for almost one season now. Racing/testing 2 times a week and still no broken parts at all. I'm driving 3,5 BL and almost no problems with the diff at all. Almost all other BL drivers have got more diff problems than I do .. So the Asso diff is good as well Also no broken parts. Sometimes after big crashes the car is tweaked, but that is solved in 5 seconds, and it happens with all cars.

Also the advantage to TC5 over X-Ray is that the car is stiffer which gives the car more cornering speed.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

A few racers at my club tried to run a 3.5 bl in there TC5 and ended up mealting a diff each race. They no longer run mod due to this. I don't if they did something wrong but the diff's didn't last. I wouldn't say stiffer is better, deffinitely not if you are racing on asphalt. But if you want to save money go for it.
Drew.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Drewdc90
A few racers at my club tried to run a 3.5 bl in there TC5 and ended up mealting a diff each race. They no longer run mod due to this. I don't if they did something wrong but the diff's didn't last. I wouldn't say stiffer is better, deffinitely not if you are racing on asphalt. But if you want to save money go for it.
Drew.
firstly the two cars are very similar.

the TC5 is a clone ( or looks limilar in parts) of an fk05 xray with its plastic hinge pins retainers etc.

HAving had both I have found the TC5 better.

As for melting diffs... means you didnt have it tight enuff... just read through this thread.

I have used teh same diff now for 3 months and only cleaned it and replaced the balls but its fine.

have used no parts due to breakage, except the itf top deck which broke in a flip incident....rest of car is fine.

I find the car better with standard top deck anways
Old 08-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlamMan
TC5 is probably the better bang for the buck. If you want the Xray wait until later this year to see what the T2008 offers. Don't buy the 007 just before they're going to replace it
From what I have heard and read the only thing that would change is the chassis. It would be a 5cell setup.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t9dragon
From what I have heard and read the only thing that would change is the chassis. It would be a 5cell setup.
aren't the shocks going to be shorter as well?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

S400 or T2'008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.