R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #91
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull View Post
Who says you have to be the one to shell out the duckets? Let her pay once in a while

i make my wife pay everytime we go out to eat, cause my money all went into the hands of the lhs before we go out

"Donnie, your out of your element"
Dave Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:03 PM   #92
Team Tekin

The MX bikes started going from 2 stroke to 4 stroke for reasons of marketing. Try selling a MX bike(2 stroke) that you can only ride on certain days and on certain tracks/trails. 4 strokes and 2 strokes have a different feel and it took the pro's time to feel them out and set them up.

Brushless is and will be the same way. I don't think we'll see it die though. Brushless at my local track has caught on big but the top 5 guys that were running brushed and switched are now in the back of the pack since they have yet to get the "feel" back.

Time will tell, but I would like to see them in different classes...

I would like to see brushless run longer mains.
Randy Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #93
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Nelson View Post
i make my wife pay everytime we go out to eat, cause my money all went into the hands of the lhs before we go out
My girl buys a good percentage of my stuff. She bought my nitro rs43, my micro rs4, my Axial 28, picked up the dinner tab last night AND all of my PSP games (Rainbow Six Las Vegas is HARD!), not to mention my Maxima. Good to have a woman with a career and spending habits........me being the habit.

[QUOTE=Randy Pike;3628947]The MX bikes started going from 2 stroke to 4 stroke for reasons of marketing. Try selling a MX bike(2 stroke) that you can only ride on certain days and on certain tracks/trails. 4 strokes and 2 strokes have a different feel and it took the pro's time to feel them out and set them up.

Brushless is and will be the same way. I don't think we'll see it die though. Brushless at my local track has caught on big but the top 5 guys that were running brushed and switched are now in the back of the pack since they have yet to get the "feel" back.

I would like to see brushless run longer mains.[/QUOTE <----Longer mains, no doubt. Brushed motors can stick with the 5 minute heats, let the brushless dudes hit the track for 15 minute runs. Brushed dudes that want to jump in the fray will learn how efficient brushless is when they dump after 8 minutes lol

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:28 PM   #94
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

one lucky man,my rc expense is all at me i tryied asking once got shot down.
JR Z1,Orion 4300Mah,Ib 4200Mah,Ice,Rp,Trinity.
Race Prepaired & Driven By TEAM DRIVER (BARBER)
barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:07 PM   #95
Tech Master

Take her to a Monster Jam show. I took my girl and she was hooked. Now, I say,"honey, I broke this and the replacement costs....". She'll either say "c'mon man, learn to drive" or "how much is it gonna cost me". Thats on top of the money I spend on this. Man, I need help.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:37 PM   #96
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Your lucky my wife is stay at home mom right now, and she went back to school full time to get her nursing liscense. So I'm taking all the burden right now from all the utility bills, car payment insurance and mortgage payment it's all on me.

Right now she can't really say no if I want to buy something for this hobby. I can't wait till she finish school. This long hours of work is killing me and not to mention I hardly race now a days. I have to beg switch days of work from my co-worker just to race on the weekend it sucks.
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:27 PM   #97
Tech Regular

Default mpm

i have a question about brushless motors and the use of motor performance monitors (mpm) such as the much-more motor master and the like.

can these tools be used on brushless motors? i notice on speedos like the lrp sphere and novak gtx, they are compatible with both brushed and brushless motors, and its done by combining two wires together on the positive lead of the motor (or was it the neg?). anyway, if that works, wondering if that could be done with the mpm's to measure the amp draw and rpm's of brushless motors??
anyone have any idea??
quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:29 PM   #98
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hopefully we have a full brushless takeover soon

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:40 PM   #99
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Well, Ive just joined the electric side of the hobby, and I will be going brushless. Why pay more in the long run for something that you have to maintain AND is slower? Same with Lipo...yes NIMH has a higher voltage when comparing a 2 cell lipo vs a 6cell NIMH, but I would rather drop $100-200 on a battery or two that I can use all season or more. Don't get me wrong however, I love maintaining my cars, as its a nice way to wind down from the day, but nitro is my first love, and I just want to race electric onroad on the days I can't make the offroad nitro races.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:51 PM   #100
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=bxpitbull;3628971]My girl buys a good percentage of my stuff. She bought my nitro rs43, my micro rs4, my Axial 28, picked up the dinner tab last night AND all of my PSP games (Rainbow Six Las Vegas is HARD!), not to mention my Maxima. Good to have a woman with a career and spending habits........me being the habit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Pike View Post
The MX bikes started going from 2 stroke to 4 stroke for reasons of marketing. Try selling a MX bike(2 stroke) that you can only ride on certain days and on certain tracks/trails. 4 strokes and 2 strokes have a different feel and it took the pro's time to feel them out and set them up.

I would like to see brushless run longer mains.[/QUOTE <----Longer mains, no doubt. Brushed motors can stick with the 5 minute heats, let the brushless dudes hit the track for 15 minute runs. Brushed dudes that want to jump in the fray will learn how efficient brushless is when they dump after 8 minutes lol
Hmmm, your girl wouldn't happen to have a twin sister that's single, would she??

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:04 PM   #101
Tech Master

No, thank God. There is a bit of a trade-off...when that time of the month comes, sometimes she isnt as understanding and can be a bit of a bitch....all jokes aside, she is the best when it comes to the hobby....as long as when she wants to do something, I accomodate her. It didnt come easy...BELIEVE ME!