Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there an American made sedan left?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by weaponx
Funny how it is usually someone in a management type postion that has the most problems with unions. By the way if your an American citizen you are in a union. Your union dues are called taxes.
....and with those taxes i get more than 30.00 an hour..........
Old 08-28-2007, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by weaponx
You dont have to worry I dont hate. But the real problem is coporate greed. And whats"fair" to one person is something totally different to another. I think the majority of executives are getting more then whats "fair", but you probably feel different about that. If unions outlived their usefulness why do we still have 50 states?
.....exactly, without the unions the execs would be stealing twice what they do now and we would all be $3.00/hour slaves........
Old 08-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.....exactly, without the unions the execs would be stealing twice what they do now and we would all be $3.00/hour slaves........
Ummmm......no. Labor laws prevent that. Unions cause companies to pay far more than fair market value for the labor they need.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

maybe if we weren't paying our unskilled labor $30 an hour to assemble cars we wouldn't be losing the industry.. or all industry for that matter.. by the way higher profit margins often yield higher capital investment and better products.. if you were wondering why foreign manufactureres can produce better products even in our own country it's becuase they can afford to hire more engineers instead of $30 an hour lug nut puter-on-ers and we have garbage men that earn more than teachers... i buy american as often as i possibly can.. find me a single county that doesn't have taxes...
Old 08-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Ummmm......no. Labor laws prevent that. Unions cause companies to pay far more than fair market value for the labor they need.

Thank you, finally SOMEONE that gets it!
Old 08-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tallyrc
maybe if we weren't paying our unskilled labor $30 an hour to assemble cars we wouldn't be losing the industry.. or all industry for that matter.. by the way higher profit margins often yield higher capital investment and better products.. if you were wondering why foreign manufactureres can produce better products even in our own country it's becuase they can afford to hire more engineers instead of $30 an hour lug nut puter-on-ers and we have garbage men that earn more than teachers... i buy american as often as i possibly can.. find me a single county that doesn't have taxes...
Thanks to labor unions.....
Old 08-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Rookie

i live in canada but i'm with bxpitbull. your taking my money the least you can do is speak english when you say thank you come again
Old 08-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Unions were needed when they were formed, now we have osha, minimum wage, etc etc. It aint 1920 anymore.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

They have gone from a necesary evil to just plain evil IMHO
Old 08-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

racer, my sentiments exactly (evil is a bit harsh, but I get where you are coming from). Look out for the flamers.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Some of you need to go to your local community college and take a finance and macro economics course. Made in the USA isnt necessarily better for USA. You arent even necessarily saving American jobs.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by or8ital
Some of you need to go to your local community college and take a finance and macro economics course. Made in the USA isnt necessarily better for USA. You arent even necessarily saving American jobs.
While I purchase many items that arent manufactured here in the USA, you cannot fault people for asking about something that makes PLENTY of money from US consumers to be made here. To some, Made in USA stills means stands for something. Not an instance of taking or sustaining jobs, its a pride thing. BUT, unions make it hard.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you go micro... nothing is made in one place. You might get all your componment made in USA, but raw material made those componment most likly not all from US. Best example: plastic, made from oil.......from..... you know where.......

Welcome to Globalization.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

BX, the sentiment is great but in reality you lose more US jobs with thinking like that. Its complicated to explain and can sound backwards on the surface but a global economy is good for the US (and the rest of the world).
Old 08-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by or8ital
BX, the sentiment is great but in reality you lose more US jobs with thinking like that. Its complicated to explain and can sound backwards on the surface but a global economy is good for the US (and the rest of the world).
Um, maybe you didnt read when I said I dont care where its made, as long as it performs and they can communicate if I have a problem. Personally, I dont care. Yes, to be able to compete globally, you have to deal outside of your borders. That said, why arent any r/c cars made here in America to compete with all of the companys out there? I know our labor laws are more intense, which would drive costs WAAY up and that is a mitigating factor, but, some development and manfuacturing can be done here. Also, you guys are taking the whole "buy American" a bit too far. No one is saying to only purchase only American products and shut the rest of the world economy out..that would be suicidal. BUT, and I say again, for the amount of money AMERICANS put into this and as many guys have ideas, there should be one company that makes cars here. But then again, the profits arent as grandiose as they are overseas, soooooo......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.