R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-28-2007, 02:31 PM   #76
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

how many of you make minimum wage here? how many of you have rich parents? i sure most of you will go out to the field and pick vege's or go apply at burger king and flip burgers for a living. i guess those jobs are already taken and there is a waiting line for them
TRF414M2 SSG Silver, TRF415MSX MRE Blue Chassis, TA05R 3racing SSG Silver, TA05MS, TA04 TRF, TA04R PRO, TA03F PRO, TA03R TRF, Evolution IV, Evolution V, M03 Mini Cooper, M03-R Mini Cooper, M04M Alfa Romeo
MrJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:33 PM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

unions are diametrically opposed to a free market economy as we are supposed to be.. they need to demand highwages so their employees can afford the inordinately high priced things other unions have caused to cost so much... we all like the low cost items from other countries with cheap labor then demand high wages here for unskilled yahoos that collect trash and bolt bumpers to cars...

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:35 PM   #78
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

But there is money coming in. The money comes in to pay the U.S. workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
everything we sell to china gets taxed and they base the value of their currency off ours to maintain a financial advantage. think of it this way. there is only so much money in the world.. it's either leaving the country or coming in.. i'll take coming in.. honda making cars here to seel to us does us no good unless those cars are exported throughout the world.. chevy can make cars anywhere where to sell anywhere and the profit comes here.. i sold all my associateds when they sold out..
Duratrax ICE
porschejim911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:39 PM   #79
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull View Post
Unions in America would drive the price up because unions work on behalf of the worker and getting the maximum amount of wages for members, thus, drive up prices. Thank God they are made overseas!
Did you see this? Probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyrc View Post
bxpitbull, you spend alot of time talking about others and your own interests, which it looks to me that it has offended a few people!! what i think you need to do is take one hand at a time and grab ahold of your ears and pull your head out of your a$$!! You obviously know nothing about a union american/state. The labor unions you speek of set the pay scale so the working class can make a good living. The big coorperation are the ones going over seas and hiring the lowest bidder not the labor unions. This might as well be the 1920s, we the people need unions more than anything right now given the fact that jobs are so hard to find. I happen to be one of these over payed un ejucated factory workers that you so ignorently speek of. I would like to know who it is that got us to this pay scale with the kind of benifits we auto workers have ???? THE UAW!!! You must be one if those pencil pushers up north that make stupid decisions to cut the work force putting people out of work. Last but not least I am not sure if you are educated or not I woulod hope not because being an educated idiot is far worse than being a plain working middle class dummy!!!!! The next time you call the fire department or the police look outside and see what it is they are driving its probably not a honda or a toyota,we need to depend on them to get were they are going . Keep on keepn on and dont forget to be sure and dupport your local union and buy american...

Talk about a diatribe. I clearly said I have no problems with all unions later on, because I cant speak for all industries. Now, I have refrained from insulting people directly, and apologized to weaponx, but you are really working to stir my ire. I am not in any position to cause people to lose their jobs unless what they do negatively impacts the company and I can suggest to their superiors. In case you didnt read it, I was in the military, support all civil servants and BUY what I like based on quality. I have been in several unions and am well aware of scale. If you opted to bypass, I have a problem when unions demand more than what the workers put out...driving up the cost index for the daily consumer. Now, people talk about name calling...this dude comes out of left field without reading EVERYTHING and starts to insult. You know whats funny, when I do that, haters come out of the woodwork. Dude, be happy with the job you have and the union protection it affords you. Angry as you are, you probably need it because an attitude like yours wont go far anywhere else. I dont like the fact that corporations take jobs out of the USA and go overseas but you know what, many times, unions force their hand to go overseas to offset costs and thats the bottom line. AGAIN, I dont speak for all facets of industry...if you would have read that, maybe you wouldnt have singled me out. Someone else called you auto workers dumb unskilled laborers that turn screws for 30 bucks an hour, get at them. leave me out of your diatribe.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #80
Tech Master

And for the record, I dont just talk about "me", I speak for the "end consumer", that is anyone that elects to purchase a product. Not educated about unions, you might want to educate yourself about someone before you get at them.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:50 PM   #81
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to primusblowsgoat Send a message via Yahoo to primusblowsgoat

primusblowsgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:55 PM   #82
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey bx ever thought of creating a website with all of your infinite knowledge. You know it all. I am in awe....
sinisterRC - High Performance R/C
sinisterRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #83
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisterRC View Post
Hey bx ever thought of creating a website with all of your infinite knowledge. You know it all chief!
Never purported to know it all. Sinister, dont you start up man, its been a trying day.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #84
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash View Post
It's more important to buy products that are "Made by the USA" than "Made in the USA". Now that we work on a global economy, we want the profit to stay and be spent in the US. It does the US economy more good to buy Chevy's made in Mexico than Honda's made here.
I don't agree with that, but maybe my logic is flawed??

Toyota has a 12 month revenue (global) of $214 billion. Their profit is about $15 billion. From my perspective, they can keep that $15 billion, plus a hundred executives paid $1 million each (just making those numbers up) in Japan. That's $15.100 billion they get to keep. The other $198.9 billion is money Toyota is paying out to employees, suppliers, government for taxes, utilities for power, etc. Therefore, I'd want as many Toyota factories in North America as possible so Toyota is paying out as much of that $198.9 billion as possible to North American companies.

So, I'd rather buy a Toyota made in Kentucky and have 93% of the money going to Kentucky and nearby states (suppliers, etc.), rather than buy a Chevy made in Mexico.
Hawk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:09 PM   #85
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk6 View Post
I don't agree with that, but maybe my logic is flawed??

Toyota has a 12 month revenue (global) of $214 billion. Their profit is about $15 billion. From my perspective, they can keep that $15 billion, plus a hundred executives paid $1 million each (just making those numbers up) in Japan. That's $15.100 billion they get to keep. The other $198.9 billion is money Toyota is paying out to employees, suppliers, government for taxes, utilities for power, etc. Therefore, I'd want as many Toyota factories in North America as possible so Toyota is paying out as much of that $198.9 billion as possible to North American companies.

So, I'd rather buy a Toyota made in Kentucky and have 93% of the money going to Kentucky and nearby states (suppliers, etc.), rather than buy a Chevy made in Mexico.
Well put. I wasnt sure if their were financial incentives levied to keep foreign automakers here to make it more "suitable" for them to manufacture here.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:12 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to weaponx

If a company is operated in America and employing American workers, thats a great thing. Even if the company is foreign owned.
weaponx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:25 PM   #87
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponx View Post
If a company is operated in America and employing American workers, thats a great thing. Even if the company is foreign owned.
Providing that a good portion of their profits were streamed to support the local populace and surrounding areas, yes.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:26 PM   #88
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default american made

Well sence there are some mixed feeling about this topic I think we can sum ot up like this you have all the right to believe what you choose. This is a public forum and Im sure every one would like to voice thier opinion. If you dont liike hereing the truth TUFF SHEET. :sweat It is funny to see all these people talk about unions but probably never been a member of one, with that said dont nock it till ya rock it. I am not trying to single you out pitbull, you made some comments that I didnt care much for along with some other posters. The topic should be why arent there any rc cars made in the united states? The truth is that not much was ever made here to begin with . The motors that all of us have raced for the last twenty years have been made in japan, my question is what does it matter? The effect the rc industry has on our economy isnt much compared to an automobile company that employs 800,000 U S workers. If it were as easy for us to sell products to other countrys as it is for them to sell to us we all would be rich for the abundence of jobs that wouldnt have to leave this country to the lowest bidder. Why not bring the pay scale of these other countries up to ours, or would that be to logical?
dirtyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:34 PM   #89
Tech Master

Hey dirty, you know what, to type it all again will only make my fingers ache. We all have things that touch our nerves. If someone bashed the military or dissed the Marine Corps, first I would laugh, then I would get at them HARD...so I see your point. That said, if you did read where I said I cant speak for all facets of industry, you would have gathered (or so I hope) that I dont have a problem with all unions. But I can tell you this, some unions hurt the market AND the employees they are paid to protect...and thats the real.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:08 PM   #90
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Amazing. Somebody always says that unions are unneeded in these arguements. Corportations will always blame labor costs, simply because they will ALWAYS be higher in the US, union or NOT. You can't blame the unions for their wage package they started building in the 50's, when GM, Ford, etc., were the only game in town, and were making fabulous sums of money. Do you think someone in the 1950s would have bought a car from Mexico?? Unfortunately, the well paid nature of these employees only has hastened their doom.

The reality also has to include the companies share of blame for creating cars inferior to what Japan offered, as well as butt ugly design in many cases.

Look at the airlines. The unions there had big givebacks to keep the airlines afloat, yet these airlines, which had poor years, gave big bonuses to the executives. Do you think that there would have been anything but a "take it or leave it" pay cut to the bone if they had no representation?

I think a lot of people characterize anyone who does not wear a suit to the office as an unskilled moron, and that they do not deserve a decent wage. Most union construction apprenticeships are 5 years, LONGER THAN COLLEGE. Not to mention that everything in that office works because a tradesman put it there.

I know in the construction area, a lot of contractors find that union help is preferred because they are actually trained for their job, vs "learning this stuff from my cousin Jerry", and they usually have a better safety program as well.

Just a few thoughts from a union guy trying to counteract the unbelieveably effective 100 year anti-union propaganda campaign.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote