R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-28-2007, 11:31 AM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

BX, I just quoted your msg but the msg was for those that are hardcore "buy american" type people.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:35 AM   #47
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
BX, I just quoted your msg but the msg was for those that are hardcore "buy american" type people.
gotcha. I am one of the most ardent Americans on this forum, but buy from who makes what performs (like my Maxima, gotta love those Nissans).

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Its comical really. Why doesnt anybody ask why RC cars aren't made in Spain or Saudi Arabia or New Zealand or Norway or South Africa? Are their economies taking a dump because they have no RC car industry to provide their citizens with jobs? LMAO!
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:49 AM   #49
Tech Apprentice

I live in Canada, and I can say that unions have done some good, however they have also done some major damage to pockets of the economy.
for instance the Canadian Auto Workers Union. ( CAW ) has fought for every dime they could get from canadian assembly plants.
This has not only increased the cost per unit ( vehicle ) but also has caused many lay offs and closures.
Honda in Aliston Ontario assembles the Honda Civic, arguably the highest selling vehicle in North America. ( I drive one ) No Union.
Toyota Plant one in Kitchener Ontario, another being built in Woodstock Ontario no Union, the new plant they are building in Woodstock was originally sited to be built in Louisiana I believe, or some nearby southern state, however after careful consideration Toyota settled on Woodstock. Why?
More skilled labour available, and no pressure to bow to a union.

My father works for a union, and he seems to be pretty happy.
In Hamilton there are steel plants everywhere, all unionized.
Most workers are un-skilled and they receive an incredible wage package.
They also risk their butts all day long.

Unions are appropriate in certain markets in my opinion

Teachers, Steel Plants, Construction, Postal Workers, Government Employees, Nurses, Police Officers etc.
lifeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:56 AM   #50
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
Its comical really. Why doesnt anybody ask why RC cars aren't made in Spain or Saudi Arabia or New Zealand or Norway or South Africa? Are their economies taking a dump because they have no RC car industry to provide their citizens with jobs? LMAO!
Collectively, do any of those countries spend as frivolously as Americans? You name several countries that have economies that are "ok" by world standards or slightly under par. No one is saying their economies are crippled by r/c. BUT, if you look at it on a "scale basis", if more r/c items were made here, with our labor unions and eye on profit margins, you can almost guarantee stuff made here would cost a few sheckles more. In the words of the immortal Metallica," Sad But True".

Old 08-28-2007, 11:56 AM   #51
Tech Master

Not only US stuff, some European and Japanese kind are also made in other country.
They do orders to these third world countries to make it then they will sent to brand's original stock and finally released in market with their own logos.
Maybe the quality have been fallen without high precision machines in the low cost factories, made with less times for lot of quantities of them and the worker always work tired on over time, as you can imagine how bad will be they.
If they don't try with these ways they couldn't sell with low prices and lost competitiveness. We must be realistic with the globalization trouble, because the human's life quality have dropped faster time by time.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:11 PM   #52
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer34v View Post
Unions were needed when they were formed, now we have osha, minimum wage, etc etc. It aint 1920 anymore.
Agreed.

Best thing that could happen - in my opinion - is for Mexico, China, etc. to unionize to drive their wages up.

Globalization is here, like it or not. One effect of globalization is lower prices - good for all of us.

Another effect of globalization and free enterprise is wages will balance out (in the long run). That means the $20/hour American union labor will have his/her wage go down, and the $1/hour Mexican will have his/her wage go up, and the $0.25/hour Chinese worker will have his/her wage go up.

If Mexico and China go union, their wages will go up, then American wages will drop less. But no matter how you look at it American manufacturing wages will go down in the long haul.

Now, everyone go to your LOCAL hobby shop and buy an American assembled Novak ESC. I own 4.
Hawk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #53
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk6 View Post
Agreed.

Best thing that could happen - in my opinion - is for Mexico, China, etc. to unionize to drive their wages up.

Globalization is here, like it or not. One effect of globalization is lower prices - good for all of us.

Another effect of globalization and free enterprise is wages will balance out (in the long run). That means the $20/hour American union labor will have his/her wage go down, and the $1/hour Mexican will have his/her wage go up, and the $0.25/hour Chinese worker will have his/her wage go up.

If Mexico and China go union, their wages will go up, then American wages will drop less. But no matter how you look at it American manufacturing wages will go down in the long haul.

Now, everyone go to your LOCAL hobby shop and buy an American assembled Novak ESC. I own 4.
Very well put..and for the record, I own two GTB's and four Novak motors myself

Old 08-28-2007, 12:28 PM   #54
Tech Regular

Another related question is what companies are U.S. companies? Most of them aren't even U.S. companies. Everyone needs to remember that even if the product isn't made here people are making money. The U.S. distributor makes money as well as the hobby shop that sells to the end user. The import products are cheaper so more is sold.
Duratrax ICE
porschejim911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:55 PM   #55
Tech Master

I retire my "internet tough guy status" on the forums...that crown officially belongs to weaponx. This fool is genuinely upset about the whole union thing and wants me to fly to his area of the country to fight. I wish he were in nyc so I wouldnt have to read the foolishness this guy is typing in my IM box. Anyone ever want to see an internet tough guy, I'll copy and paste his IM's...it's a hoot. I even told dude if he wants to "have it out, be a man and do it in the room". He prefers to rift in the background. Like, whats that all about. I dont talk to any "man" privately for anything more than one or two messages. Weaponx is suspect

Last edited by bxpitbull; 08-28-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

It's more important to buy products that are "Made by the USA" than "Made in the USA". Now that we work on a global economy, we want the profit to stay and be spent in the US. It does the US economy more good to buy Chevy's made in Mexico than Honda's made here.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:05 PM   #57
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm surprized no one has mentioned the US trade deficit. It's often brought up in these kinds of discussions followed by 'the sky is falling' doom and gloom.

Heres a link for you guys that want to know what it really means. It all about goods and services imported and exported - like RC cars.

http://www.freetrade.org/pubs/pas/tpa-002.html
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:07 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to weaponx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull View Post
I retire my "internet tough guy status" on the forums...that crown officially belongs to weaponx. This fool is genuinely upset about the whole union thing and wants me to fly to his area of the country to fight. I wish he were in nyc so I wouldnt have to read the foolishness this guy is typing in my IM box. Anyone ever want to see an internet tough guy, I'll copy and paste his IM's...it's a hoot. I even told dude if he wants to "has it out, be a man and do it in the room". He prefers to rift in the background. Like, whats that all about. I dont talk to any "man" privately for anything
more than one or two messages. Weaponx is suspect
You really are a joke. Your right when you start calling names its time to take it to a more private forum, not everyone wants to read the garbage, but obviously you feel you need a public audience, to validate anything you have to say. Oh and if you do share the pms, make sure to share yours as well, they are just as entertaining.
weaponx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:11 PM   #59
Tech Master

put it out there, I dont give a s**t and you are still a DUMMY. If you read my first post before you commented union boy, you would have clearly read where I stated "unions in America", indicating labor unions, not states combined to form a Union. One more time for the road...DUMMY. I dont need a forum for validiation, but its comical how you came at me because I called you what you obviously hear alot of...DUMMY. Man, dudes are more sensitive than women sometimes. I have been called idiot, dumb, ignorant, jackass, moron and many others...did I cry? nope, took it in stride and tossed it back OR laughed at it and left it alone. Its just words, you mean to tell me that you are the one-dimensioned that being called a dummy made you want to cry? well boo-hoo....DUMMY

Old 08-28-2007, 01:15 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to weaponx

Haha, please keep showing your maturity, and keyboard courage, your doing a great job of it. lol haha
weaponx is offline   Reply With Quote