Search
Like Tree2Likes

GM Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 02:28 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Martin
The new "how to" is super.
What gear ratio will You suggest for GM 17,5T and Graupner 17,5t for indoor racing, with rubber tires and 2S LiPo.
And how much fixed timing for these motors?

Thanks a lot in advance

Søren Boy Holst
Denmark
Old 09-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Advice on setting up G90

Hi there fellow rc enthusiasts,

Yesterday I have tried to post a message, but it still doesn't show. I think I must have done something wrong? So I will try again;

After reading this forum and keeping track for a couple of weeks now, I’ve purchased a genius 90 speedo. Due to the weather I've only been on the track once and have done about eight charges.I liked it a lot, the increase in speed and punch over the lrp spx that I have been running is just phenomenal.

There are just to things I want your advice on;

As I come off full throttle and go to half throttle the decrease in speed is very drastic, just like an over-exaggerated drag-brake. What can i do to reduce this feeling, other then not coming off throttle....?

Also I was wondering how to get a more linear feeling, now the first half of the throttle range feels pretty much linear. (more or less the same as with my old speedo, although more punch). But the second half and especially the last 3/4, is just like you launch a rocket. I think that unchecking variable timing will do the trick, but don't want to be heating my motor to quick.

The speedo is installed in a T3, together with a GM Pro 13.5T, FDR 5.7
So far I have only been running std mode 6, motor temp ran up to 99C and max rpm recorded =533333. This is recorded over a run of 10min.

Thank you in advance for the advice.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Just fitted new gm motor and its cogging from a stand still. Why would that be? Motor manual says set reserve 6, Where? I see reserved, reserved 1, reserved 2, reserved 4 on telemetry page but no 6!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

.ups.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YZFAndy
Just fitted new gm motor and its cogging from a stand still. Why would that be? Motor manual says set reserve 6, Where? I see reserved, reserved 1, reserved 2, reserved 4 on telemetry page but no 6!
I noticed that with the weaker magnets (purple)

Give this a try. Next time out click on 'high speed timing with switching point' and set to 5000rpm
Old 09-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

what would a good starting point for a TRF 416, GM 90 and a LRP v12 13.5 with a 12mm works rotor?

was thinking of starting with about a 6.3 fdr
Old 09-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

yeah around 6 sounds good, start on mode 7 and go up from there if safe to do so.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anybody know if the new CS Electronic CSX is the same as the GM Genius 75 #97163? Will the GM PC software work with the CS Elec. CSX?
Old 09-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

the gm 75 is now available so why bother with the clone/rebranded CS?
Old 09-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Initiate

It's cheaper and saves me having to order equipment from two different shops (twice postage costs)!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

now running mode 9, fdr 5.7 LRP X12 Motor temps at around 75-80 and is fast!
now the tweaking begins!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vanNorth
Hi there fellow rc enthusiasts,

Yesterday I have tried to post a message, but it still doesn't show. I think I must have done something wrong? So I will try again;

After reading this forum and keeping track for a couple of weeks now, I’ve purchased a genius 90 speedo. Due to the weather I've only been on the track once and have done about eight charges.I liked it a lot, the increase in speed and punch over the lrp spx that I have been running is just phenomenal.

There are just to things I want your advice on;

As I come off full throttle and go to half throttle the decrease in speed is very drastic, just like an over-exaggerated drag-brake. What can i do to reduce this feeling, other then not coming off throttle....?

Also I was wondering how to get a more linear feeling, now the first half of the throttle range feels pretty much linear. (more or less the same as with my old speedo, although more punch). But the second half and especially the last 3/4, is just like you launch a rocket. I think that unchecking variable timing will do the trick, but don't want to be heating my motor to quick.

The speedo is installed in a T3, together with a GM Pro 13.5T, FDR 5.7
So far I have only been running std mode 6, motor temp ran up to 99C and max rpm recorded =533333. This is recorded over a run of 10min.

Thank you in advance for the advice.
1. never run any longer than you have to! so if you only do 5 minute races stop after 5.30! the longer you run the worse for your motor!

2. for a more linear throttle feeling (as posted in the how-to) untick "variable depence timing"

Originally Posted by YZFAndy
don't bother about the motor manual. stick to the how-to posted beore

Originally Posted by Glorykid
what would a good starting point for a TRF 416, GM 90 and a LRP v12 13.5 with a 12mm works rotor?

was thinking of starting with about a 6.3 fdr
use the standard rotor. gives more power.

6.3 sounds allright.

set the speedo according to the stock how-to:

fixed timing 19, max timing 20 (this equals 29/30 with any other motor!!!) as the LRP motors have got 10° MORE hardware timing than gm / graupner / speedpassion motors.

enable the switchpoint (HST with switchpoint) and set it to 5000rpm or it won't start properly

Originally Posted by captain stacker
yeah around 6 sounds good, start on mode 7 and go up from there if safe to do so.
mode 7 is definately not save! as it is more timing than you should use with this motor in any case!

now running mode 9, fdr 5.7 LRP X12 Motor temps at around 75-80 and is fast!
now the tweaking begins!
this is cause the motor has got a temp sensor and the speedo limits the power! (the motor cannot get any hotter than 80° in any case!)
reduce the timing to what is written in the how-to. this will give you a much more consistant performance! and will make it run better in the later half of the run where you can really make up some time!

once again:

THE LRP X12 FEATUERS 40° HARDWARE TIMING EVEN AT THE MINIMUM TIMING SETTING!
THIS IS 10° MORE! THAN ANY OTHER BRAND OF MOTOR USED IN RACING ATM

DO NOT RUN TIMING VALUES ABOVE 20 WITH THIS MOTOR! AS 20 WITH X12 EQUALS 30 WITH REGULAR MOTORS! AND THIS IS AS LOT!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 04:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer

set the speedo according to the stock how-to:

fixed timing 19, max timing 20 (this equals 29/30 with any other motor!!!) as the LRP motors have got 10° MORE hardware timing than gm / graupner / speedpassion motors.

enable the switchpoint (HST with switchpoint) and set it to 5000rpm or it won't start properly

mode 7 is definately not save! as it is more timing than you should use with this motor in any case!

this is cause the motor has got a temp sensor and the speedo limits the power! (the motor cannot get any hotter than 80° in any case!)
reduce the timing to what is written in the how-to. this will give you a much more consistant performance! and will make it run better in the later half of the run where you can really make up some time!

once again:

THE LRP X12 FEATUERS 40° HARDWARE TIMING EVEN AT THE MINIMUM TIMING SETTING!
THIS IS 10° MORE! THAN ANY OTHER BRAND OF MOTOR USED IN RACING ATM

DO NOT RUN TIMING VALUES ABOVE 20 WITH THIS MOTOR! AS 20 WITH X12 EQUALS 30 WITH REGULAR MOTORS! AND THIS IS AS LOT!!!
Thanks for this. Just waiting on my cable to arrive

Last edited by Glorykid; 09-20-2010 at 04:59 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for this. Just waiting on my cable to arrive, in the genius 2 software i can only switch the HST with switchpoint to 10000?
for genius2 use the 1.6.3 software.
if you only see up to 10k sw-rpm then you have the software set to =>7.2 fw
click version and set it to >=10.0
then switch point can be set to 5000
Old 09-20-2010, 05:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tomracing
for genius2 use the 1.6.3 software.
if you only see up to 10k sw-rpm then you have the software set to =>7.2 fw
click version and set it to >=10.0
then switch point can be set to 5000
Haha what a dunce, thanks man!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.