Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

GM Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

new and old 95er escs:

as said, there was a production stop due to a part beeing manufactured wrong. and a new series of that paticular part would have taken more time than making a completely new esc

so combined with the new software it is an overall new esc, that stays cooler, still works after you connected the battery wrong (tested by ralf :-) ), and can handle every motor on the market.

I use a 95 with additional heatsink on top and tested motors with even less than 3,5 T. Works fine.

regarding the genius 100:

the 100 escs are waterproof and have a new case with additional cooling ribs. the additional heatsinks are not needed, but it is slightly bigger.

other than this it is the same as the new 95.

the new series of 95ers comes with a capacitor curcuitboard attached. there are some without those, but the new ones all do have those boards.

the esc programm that is included in the new software works fine in nearly every class on every track. just do a radio setup and you are ready to go.

feel free to ask me anything you want to know about gm products.

Greetz.

Martin Hofer. Team GM-Racing R&D Team.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

this is a pic of how i installed the esc in my car.
Attached Thumbnails GM Brushless-dsc00353.jpg  
Old 09-30-2007, 04:38 PM
MSB
Tech Adept

Hi Martin,

That new 95 and 100 uses a different case in size?

By your BD photo, it seems that the transversal position of the esc is smaller than mine. Or is just my "point of view" literal said?
Old 09-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

95 = old case that is used since the very first genius 80 was released

100 = new case with additional cooling ribs for lower temperatures + waterresistant
Old 10-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

I have the Genius 95 with the new software and a heat sink attached to the side. I race 5-cell with 4.0-4.5T motors indoors on carpet. Do I need the heatsink?
Old 10-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

As I do not know your throttle finger it is hard to tell if you will need the heatsink or not.

You can try to run the esc without the heatsink and if it termals you can just put one on, or a fan or something.

varies from driver to driver
Old 10-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, got my gm genius 100. Just squeezes it into my mi3! its quite huge really with the heatsinks fitted and the capacitor plate it sticks out nearly as far as the motor.
Tested it with a 27T brushed motor on the bench as my speed passion 13.5 bl only arrived today and seems fine, will test it in anger on the track tomorrow and friday. Using the factory setup so any recommendations as to thinks i might need to alter using these 2 motors?

Paul
Old 10-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mutley001
Well, got my gm genius 100. Just squeezes it into my mi3! its quite huge really with the heatsinks fitted and the capacitor plate it sticks out nearly as far as the motor.
Tested it with a 27T brushed motor on the bench as my speed passion 13.5 bl only arrived today and seems fine, will test it in anger on the track tomorrow and friday. Using the factory setup so any recommendations as to thinks i might need to alter using these 2 motors?

Paul
Paul,

I unsoldered mine and fliped it over so it goes over the speedo rather than sticking out - saves loads of room, just make sure that it doesnt touch any of the speedo though.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Any pics ???
Please
Old 10-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stuartb
Paul,

I unsoldered mine and fliped it over so it goes over the speedo rather than sticking out - saves loads of room, just make sure that it doesnt touch any of the speedo though.
Thanks Stuart, just done that on your suggestion and you're right it does save a lot of room!

Right then, what's the best setup for a co27 brushed motor and a 13.5 brushless on this speedo -any suggestions?

Cheers

Paul
Old 10-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

stock setting should be quite good
Old 10-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Well, first run last night using a co27 brushed motor with the genius 100 - great! performed really well. Second run - nothing! Had power to the steering but nothing to the motor at all. Had to swap to my spare speedo to salvage the 3rd run and finals. Really disappointed. Going to have to pospone the test with the brushless motor until i've either sorted the problem (Any ideas guys???) or returned it for repair.

If anyone can point me in the direction of where im going wrong then please...post away!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

sometimes it happens that the ecs does not boot correctly, then the steering works but you don't have any throttle what so ever.

just pull the batterie connector out, and put it back in and it should boot normaly
Old 10-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Martin

Ahhhh, that makes sense, just had to reset it to the transmitter throttle again and it seemns to be fully functional again (breaths a huge sigh of relief!).

Is it possible to change the capacitor board for a regular capacitor as this thing is really unsightly and large!

Cheers

Paul
Old 10-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

it ispossible, but if you do so ONLY USE GM-RACING CAPS

either at least 4 470s

or at least 2 4700s

it's your choice what you like best.
you can have a look at my car, i have a cap.-board with only 4 caps attached

but it is recommended to use the cap.-board.

you can dremel away 3 caps, this makes it much smaller

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.