R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #691
Tech Addict
 
Luke Hobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: newark, nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 526
Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson
Default

just a quick Q for people.

i cant get the driver to work on my laptop, ive been through all the proceedure with the Hoff but still nothing.

anybody else had this at all?

luke
__________________
Luke Hobson
Awesomatix - Xenon - Godzilla Paint - Moorespeed - ToniSport - MBmodels

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #692
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 21
Default

Today i received my genius 120 whit usb cable.
I've installed the software and the driver on my notebook.
Also placed the esc in my t2 009.

After some reading i know how to set the mode 0 to 8.

Now im strangle whit 1 thing. Before the gm i had a lrp spx. When i connected the spx i could set the by pressing the set button how far full throlle is on my stick and whats break and whats neutral.

When i now press full throttle the red and yellow light keep glowing instead of only the red light what means full throlle.

Could someone tell me how i configure the esc for my sender. To learn whats full gass, full break and neutrall.

Thx already,

Might someone that know it comes to ets apeldoorn tomorrow u can contact me also.
GerwinGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #693
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hobson View Post
just a quick Q for people.

i cant get the driver to work on my laptop, ive been through all the proceedure with the Hoff but still nothing.

anybody else had this at all?

luke
Luke,
I had a similar problem due to not using the right driver. I had to get a file called CP210x_VCP_Win2K_XP_S2K3.zip from the silabs site.
__________________
CPD Racing
chris_dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #694
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerwinGood View Post
Today i received my genius 120 whit usb cable.
I've installed the software and the driver on my notebook.
Also placed the esc in my t2 009.

After some reading i know how to set the mode 0 to 8.

Now im strangle whit 1 thing. Before the gm i had a lrp spx. When i connected the spx i could set the by pressing the set button how far full throlle is on my stick and whats break and whats neutral.

When i now press full throttle the red and yellow light keep glowing instead of only the red light what means full throlle.

Could someone tell me how i configure the esc for my sender. To learn whats full gass, full break and neutrall.

Thx already,

Might someone that know it comes to ets apeldoorn tomorrow u can contact me also.
I had a similar issue (couldn't work out what to do). You don't have to do this though.
Make sure your endpoints are set at 100% (reverse the throttle channel on futaba)
switch radio on
switch car on
when you change modes, make sure you go to full throttle and full brakes. The ESC will 'learn' where these are by simply changing modes.

If you don't go to full throttle/brakes, then the ESC will be set at that instead.
__________________
CPD Racing
chris_dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #695
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_dono View Post
I had a similar issue (couldn't work out what to do). You don't have to do this though.
Make sure your endpoints are set at 100% (reverse the throttle channel on futaba)
switch radio on
switch car on
when you change modes, make sure you go to full throttle and full brakes. The ESC will 'learn' where these are by simply changing modes.

If you don't go to full throttle/brakes, then the ESC will be set at that instead.
Thx for the reaction,

Seems that works. TOmorrow on the amca track i will try it. Lets hope for some more speed .

Thx.

Gr. Gerwin
GerwinGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #696
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerwinGood View Post
Thx for the reaction,

Seems that works. TOmorrow on the amca track i will try it. Lets hope for some more speed .

Thx.

Gr. Gerwin
You doing the ETS ??

see you there if you are
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #697
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
You doing the ETS ??

see you there if you are
Yeah i will run ETS. I will start practice tomorrow. U might come also tomorrow?

Just watch for a dude called Gerwin

See u there!
GerwinGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:39 PM   #698
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

nah got to work tommorrow

be there early on friday though

camping close to the circuit

and did you read Marc Reinhard and Andy Moore are coming

Last edited by sidecarphil1; 05-28-2009 at 07:45 AM.
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #699
Tech Addict
 
Luke Hobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: newark, nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 526
Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_dono View Post
Luke,
I had a similar problem due to not using the right driver. I had to get a file called CP210x_VCP_Win2K_XP_S2K3.zip from the silabs site.

yep thats the driver i am attempting to use but it does not want to work
__________________
Luke Hobson
Awesomatix - Xenon - Godzilla Paint - Moorespeed - ToniSport - MBmodels

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:16 PM   #700
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Hofer View Post
these values are the most complicated ...

the only thing you will want to alter is the switchpoint rpm (set it to 10000)
this way you get more punch as timing advance kicks in earlier

however there are drivers who prefer the standard values as if you change this value, the motor temp will drastically increase!

I ask you to leave all other values untouched

if you don't know what it does, don't change it ...
Hi Martin,
Can you explain how this should affect the gearing for the motor please, should we run higher fdr for these changes ?

Thanks
Chris
__________________
CPD Racing
chris_dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:38 AM   #701
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 17
Default

Hi Martin,

I have run the GM120 over the last few weeks on the mode 3 made stock ready copying the settings from mode 8 as you described. I have been racing against Nosram and LRP stock spec's and allthough the GM 120 has more top end i seem to be loosing out on punch (I am already using 16Kc setting).

You recommended copying Mode 6 to Mode 3 what would be the differences in FDR required as the mode 8 copied to mode 3 has huge RPM?

Also you said earlier that for the stock profiles you must use 30deg timing, what happen if you select 15deg or 0deg?

What is best in your opinion mode 8 with high degrees of timing and run a higher FDR or mode 3 with lower timing and run a shorter FDR?

Also during the weekend i downloaded the settings from the ESC and the Reserved 1 setting was 254, i know when i sent the data this was 128 why would this have changed? all the other settings were correct.



Thanks for the help in advance, well done at the ETS event over the weekend (shame about the wait on the grid) but from your times it looked as though you were on the pace.
Mad Gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:52 AM   #702
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

for 9.5 you always use something between 12500 and 10000 rpm

gearing according to motor temperatuer



copy mode 6 to 3 ... this will give you more punch

mode 3 is better then mode 8

alex stocker and daniel wohlgemut used GM speedos at the ETS in the netherlands and made a double podium finish
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:21 AM   #703
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Hofer View Post
for 9.5 you always use something between 12500 and 10000 rpm

gearing according to motor temperatuer



copy mode 6 to 3 ... this will give you more punch

mode 3 is better then mode 8

alex stocker and daniel wohlgemut used GM speedos at the ETS in the netherlands and made a double podium finish
Am I correct that mode 3 only uses Timing 2? If i copy a mode like 8 to 3 is this still the case or will it now use timing 1 & 2?

Thanks Martin
Mad Gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #704
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

depends on the firmware

just copy mode 6 to 3
or 8 to 3 if 6 is getting too hot
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #705
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Hofer View Post
depends on the firmware

just copy mode 6 to 3
or 8 to 3 if 6 is getting too hot
Firmware is 4.9

Any thoughts on the reserved 1 question I asked earlier?
Mad Gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Novak Brushless Tekin mini rage Brushless 1/18 price to sell IOwNMkeG R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 05-01-2008 05:49 PM
brushless, spektrum receivers, charger, brushless losi 8 tschenck R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 04-08-2008 07:18 AM
WTT: 1/10 scale NIB car kits for Brushless RC18T or other Brushless 1/10 car Bohh R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 04-06-2008 07:26 PM
NOVAK GTB BRUSHLESS RACING ESC 2.4GHZ + 13.5 BRUSHLESS MOTOR meronr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 01-29-2008 02:18 PM
Brushless B4 Brushless T4 Clodzilla 4 ThunderQuake truggy Ofna Lx Pro buggy pcnutz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 29 12-11-2005 01:12 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:16 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net