R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2008, 07:48 AM   #376
Tech Adept
 
Slideaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sinceny, France or Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 218
Default

Yeah ! better with a non corrupted file ! Easier to extract !

Everything sounds fine now.
I will try with the USB cable very soon.
THX

Slide
__________________
Ludo
Thai Ride Tech Support.
Slideaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:55 AM   #377
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

No problem

if you are racing 6-cell Modified please add 1 or 2 of those small caps to the built in 3 to reduce the stress on those.
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #378
Tech Adept
 
Slideaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sinceny, France or Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 218
Default

Oh Good to know Martin!
Thanks.

So will you come to Thailand in November for th IFMAR ISTC Worlds ?

Tschüss
Slide
__________________
Ludo
Thai Ride Tech Support.
Slideaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:52 PM   #379
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

I plan to, yes
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #380
Tech Adept
 
Slideaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sinceny, France or Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 218
Default

Hi Martin,

I ran the first trials with the GM software yesterday. Everything is now fine except the rain that fell before the first test on the track, poor us !
Anyway, thanks a lot for your help once again.

To have a master reference, could you make a screenshot of your parameters or a copy/paste of these datas in this current post ?

(Drivers here use 6 cells, 4.0t (ratio 8.4) or 3.5t (ratio 9.6))

In advance, thank you.
Have a great day.

Slide
__________________
Ludo
Thai Ride Tech Support.
Slideaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:37 PM   #381
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

from what I got told a 3.5 is already too much for the RCS track so I'd suggest to start with a 4T

you cannot use the same gearing drivers with an LRP ESC use as our esc doesn't use sensors and the way it works is totally different.
so gearings ran with an lrp speedo are usually too short for our esc.

you can start with it but longer gearing = more topend and punch :-)

only temp is the limit *lol*

if u use 6 cells please add 1 or 2 small (470/16) or 1 big cap (4700microF, 16V) towards the excisting 3 already built into the ESC just to make sure you don't blow up the 3 caps.

blow up the caps in that case means that the top part with the cross on it bends as the cap wants to expand due to too much heat
if that happens you will notice ... no more punch out of the corners and it feels like the batts are empty
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:54 PM   #382
Tech Regular
 
Kajman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 335
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Martin, can you explain main differences between Genius 80R usual Genius? I know about way of programming, I'm more interested in current limiter in R version and software (way esc acts during ride) and hardware (how much can it stand) differences? My friend sees that gm works very fine for me and is thinking of a new esc, he is between buying Genius 40 and running it on current limiter (and maybe custom large heatsink) (as I did for some time when my G80 burned) or other option is to buy 80R, which seems to have more power,but why price is lower...? Where is the hint?
Other case is what is apart from power main difference between 85/95 and 120? Only current? I do not use full power of my 95 and 85, so is there any reason why I should have 120? And does 120 with new software work with 4s lipo as 85 does?
__________________
XXX-S G+, XXX-S, TRF 415MS, SCTE 2.0, SCTE TLD, Kyosho DRX VE
Kajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #383
Tech Adept
 
Slideaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sinceny, France or Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 218
Default

Thanks for your info.
Curious that the caps on the speedo I have look like they are already bent and I only used a 4.5t for the first run test. And the speedo was not that hot.
Would you suggest me to replace the 3 built-in ones ?
I will put some additional Caps as well.

You know, 3.5t is a very common motor used on this track. Many thai drivers used to use it (either do I as I used to run among them).
4.0t is also largely used.
I will try step by step with maximum prudence !

Thanks once again.
Slide
__________________
Ludo
Thai Ride Tech Support.
Slideaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:11 AM   #384
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajman View Post
Martin, can you explain main differences between Genius 80R usual Genius? I know about way of programming, I'm more interested in current limiter in R version and software (way esc acts during ride) and hardware (how much can it stand) differences? My friend sees that gm works very fine for me and is thinking of a new esc, he is between buying Genius 40 and running it on current limiter (and maybe custom large heatsink) (as I did for some time when my G80 burned) or other option is to buy 80R, which seems to have more power,but why price is lower...? Where is the hint?
Other case is what is apart from power main difference between 85/95 and 120? Only current? I do not use full power of my 95 and 85, so is there any reason why I should have 120? And does 120 with new software work with 4s lipo as 85 does?
the new software is easier to program, features special stock programs and the new esc series 90/120 stays cooler than the previous ones

regarding the genius 80r
the limit is just like that .. 80A, programming is totally different than it is on Genius escs.

but I'd suggest to wait for the Genius 90. Retail will be 130 euros including USB interface, capabilities of that speedos are similar to the ones of the Genius 95 + it is smaller
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:15 AM   #385
Tech Regular
 
Kajman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 335
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Will it work on 4S and will be water splashproof? Will it be weaker than 95/85? Current limiter will be set as in 95 in numbers or only %?
__________________
XXX-S G+, XXX-S, TRF 415MS, SCTE 2.0, SCTE TLD, Kyosho DRX VE
Kajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:15 AM   #386
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideaway View Post
Thanks for your info.
Curious that the caps on the speedo I have look like they are already bent and I only used a 4.5t for the first run test. And the speedo was not that hot.
Would you suggest me to replace the 3 built-in ones ?
I will put some additional Caps as well.

You know, 3.5t is a very common motor used on this track. Many thai drivers used to use it (either do I as I used to run among them).
4.0t is also largely used.
I will try step by step with maximum prudence !

Thanks once again.
Slide

It's not the speedo temp, but the cap temp which makes them bend.
And stress on the caps is super high when running 6 cells.

you can replace 'em if you are good in soldering but please make sure to use exactly the same caps again! (Gm part-#: 91539.M)
specs: (470microF, 16V, 105°C)
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:18 AM   #387
Tech Regular
 
Kajman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 335
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Can I add another cap to Genius40? Some low ESR 4700uF? Not replace, add.
__________________
XXX-S G+, XXX-S, TRF 415MS, SCTE 2.0, SCTE TLD, Kyosho DRX VE
Kajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #388
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajman View Post
Will it work on 4S and will be water splashproof? Will it be weaker than 95/85? Current limiter will be set as in 95 in numbers or only %?

3s lipo max,

no more button setup -> usb interface included, software is freeware -> programming at home via pc/notebook

currentlimiter is set in % on the genius 95 also, as long as you use the pc software or the lcd programmer

it won't be splash proof, only 85 and 100 are.
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #389
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajman View Post
Can I add another cap to Genius40? Some low ESR 4700uF? Not replace, add.
yes
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:26 AM   #390
Tech Regular
 
Kajman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 335
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Hofer View Post
3s lipo max,

no more button setup -> usb interface included, software is freeware -> programming at home via pc/notebook

currentlimiter is set in % on the genius 95 also, as long as you use the pc software or the lcd programmer

it won't be splash proof, only 85 and 100 are.
Martin, both in new and old software which I use in my Genius 85 and 95 current limit is set in numbers (exactly how many A).
It means there is new software, hardware is weaker or stronger than in old big ESC's??
Will there be lipo/life protection with hand set values or only preprogrammed? You thing it would be worth to change my G95 to new G90?
__________________
XXX-S G+, XXX-S, TRF 415MS, SCTE 2.0, SCTE TLD, Kyosho DRX VE
Kajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Novak Brushless Tekin mini rage Brushless 1/18 price to sell IOwNMkeG R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 05-01-2008 05:49 PM
brushless, spektrum receivers, charger, brushless losi 8 tschenck R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 04-08-2008 07:18 AM
WTT: 1/10 scale NIB car kits for Brushless RC18T or other Brushless 1/10 car Bohh R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 04-06-2008 07:26 PM
NOVAK GTB BRUSHLESS RACING ESC 2.4GHZ + 13.5 BRUSHLESS MOTOR meronr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 01-29-2008 02:18 PM
Brushless B4 Brushless T4 Clodzilla 4 ThunderQuake truggy Ofna Lx Pro buggy pcnutz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 29 12-11-2005 01:12 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:01 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net