Like Tree2Likes

GM Brushless

Old 09-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah ! better with a non corrupted file ! Easier to extract !

Everything sounds fine now.
I will try with the USB cable very soon.
THX

Slide
Old 09-09-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

No problem

if you are racing 6-cell Modified please add 1 or 2 of those small caps to the built in 3 to reduce the stress on those.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Oh Good to know Martin!
Thanks.

So will you come to Thailand in November for th IFMAR ISTC Worlds ?

Tschüss
Slide
Old 09-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

I plan to, yes
Old 09-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Martin,

I ran the first trials with the GM software yesterday. Everything is now fine except the rain that fell before the first test on the track, poor us !
Anyway, thanks a lot for your help once again.

To have a master reference, could you make a screenshot of your parameters or a copy/paste of these datas in this current post ?

(Drivers here use 6 cells, 4.0t (ratio 8.4) or 3.5t (ratio 9.6))

In advance, thank you.
Have a great day.

Slide
Old 09-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

from what I got told a 3.5 is already too much for the RCS track so I'd suggest to start with a 4T

you cannot use the same gearing drivers with an LRP ESC use as our esc doesn't use sensors and the way it works is totally different.
so gearings ran with an lrp speedo are usually too short for our esc.

you can start with it but longer gearing = more topend and punch :-)

only temp is the limit *lol*

if u use 6 cells please add 1 or 2 small (470/16) or 1 big cap (4700microF, 16V) towards the excisting 3 already built into the ESC just to make sure you don't blow up the 3 caps.

blow up the caps in that case means that the top part with the cross on it bends as the cap wants to expand due to too much heat
if that happens you will notice ... no more punch out of the corners and it feels like the batts are empty
Old 09-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Martin, can you explain main differences between Genius 80R usual Genius? I know about way of programming, I'm more interested in current limiter in R version and software (way esc acts during ride) and hardware (how much can it stand) differences? My friend sees that gm works very fine for me and is thinking of a new esc, he is between buying Genius 40 and running it on current limiter (and maybe custom large heatsink) (as I did for some time when my G80 burned) or other option is to buy 80R, which seems to have more power,but why price is lower...? Where is the hint?
Other case is what is apart from power main difference between 85/95 and 120? Only current? I do not use full power of my 95 and 85, so is there any reason why I should have 120? And does 120 with new software work with 4s lipo as 85 does?
Old 09-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for your info.
Curious that the caps on the speedo I have look like they are already bent and I only used a 4.5t for the first run test. And the speedo was not that hot.
Would you suggest me to replace the 3 built-in ones ?
I will put some additional Caps as well.

You know, 3.5t is a very common motor used on this track. Many thai drivers used to use it (either do I as I used to run among them).
4.0t is also largely used.
I will try step by step with maximum prudence !

Thanks once again.
Slide
Old 09-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kajman
Martin, can you explain main differences between Genius 80R usual Genius? I know about way of programming, I'm more interested in current limiter in R version and software (way esc acts during ride) and hardware (how much can it stand) differences? My friend sees that gm works very fine for me and is thinking of a new esc, he is between buying Genius 40 and running it on current limiter (and maybe custom large heatsink) (as I did for some time when my G80 burned) or other option is to buy 80R, which seems to have more power,but why price is lower...? Where is the hint?
Other case is what is apart from power main difference between 85/95 and 120? Only current? I do not use full power of my 95 and 85, so is there any reason why I should have 120? And does 120 with new software work with 4s lipo as 85 does?
the new software is easier to program, features special stock programs and the new esc series 90/120 stays cooler than the previous ones

regarding the genius 80r
the limit is just like that .. 80A, programming is totally different than it is on Genius escs.

but I'd suggest to wait for the Genius 90. Retail will be 130 euros including USB interface, capabilities of that speedos are similar to the ones of the Genius 95 + it is smaller
Old 09-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Will it work on 4S and will be water splashproof? Will it be weaker than 95/85? Current limiter will be set as in 95 in numbers or only %?
Old 09-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slideaway
Thanks for your info.
Curious that the caps on the speedo I have look like they are already bent and I only used a 4.5t for the first run test. And the speedo was not that hot.
Would you suggest me to replace the 3 built-in ones ?
I will put some additional Caps as well.

You know, 3.5t is a very common motor used on this track. Many thai drivers used to use it (either do I as I used to run among them).
4.0t is also largely used.
I will try step by step with maximum prudence !

Thanks once again.
Slide

It's not the speedo temp, but the cap temp which makes them bend.
And stress on the caps is super high when running 6 cells.

you can replace 'em if you are good in soldering but please make sure to use exactly the same caps again! (Gm part-#: 91539.M)
specs: (470microF, 16V, 105°C)
Old 09-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Can I add another cap to Genius40? Some low ESR 4700uF? Not replace, add.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Will it work on 4S and will be water splashproof? Will it be weaker than 95/85? Current limiter will be set as in 95 in numbers or only %?

3s lipo max,

no more button setup -> usb interface included, software is freeware -> programming at home via pc/notebook

currentlimiter is set in % on the genius 95 also, as long as you use the pc software or the lcd programmer

it won't be splash proof, only 85 and 100 are.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Can I add another cap to Genius40? Some low ESR 4700uF? Not replace, add.
yes
Old 09-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
3s lipo max,

no more button setup -> usb interface included, software is freeware -> programming at home via pc/notebook

currentlimiter is set in % on the genius 95 also, as long as you use the pc software or the lcd programmer

it won't be splash proof, only 85 and 100 are.
Martin, both in new and old software which I use in my Genius 85 and 95 current limit is set in numbers (exactly how many A).
It means there is new software, hardware is weaker or stronger than in old big ESC's??
Will there be lipo/life protection with hand set values or only preprogrammed? You thing it would be worth to change my G95 to new G90?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.