Thanks for help
NItrox416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #2822
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NItrox416 View Post
How I can do it?
Thanks for help
If you want to do a factory reset, push now the SET-button again, until you hear 3x short and 1 long beep
Cp Grafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #2823
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp Grafix View Post
If you want to do a factory reset, push now the SET-button again, until you hear 3x short and 1 long beep
Ok thank you now it work fine again, but I have to reinstall the firmware right?
NItrox416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #2824
Tech Regular

I have had a GM speedo in the past and found it a bit frightening to set up so I have been using Speed Passion for a while. With the outdoor season coming up I am looking at getting a GM120 for another go and plan on using it for 10.5T...

I have read Martin's setup guide on the Schumacher site. Can I go back to starting from the start when I install and wire up the GM out of the box;

I take it that I should then do the mode setup initially?
What mode should I go into?

I take it that I then connect it all up to my laptop and install the v13.1 software - then what mode do I need to pick (It says in the instructions that this has to be done to reset the transmitter data).

Then there are four settings to play about with;

Amp Limit
Switchpoint RPM
Fixed/Max Timing
Cutoff temp

I am planning to use a GM 10.5 so was going to start with;

Amp Limit = 110
Switchpoint RPM = 14000
Fixed/Max Timing = 24
Cutoff temp = 120

This is for a track that is a bit bigger than the Ardent indoor track with a lap time of about 13 seconds and a straight about 60 metres.

Thanks,
Stephen
Old 04-03-2012, 02:28 AM   #2825
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NItrox416 View Post
Ok thank you now it work fine again, but I have to reinstall the firmware right?
No, a factory reset just resets the settings, it will keep whatever firmware you've installed.
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:34 AM   #2826
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoyle View Post
I have had a GM speedo in the past and found it a bit frightening to set up so I have been using Speed Passion for a while. With the outdoor season coming up I am looking at getting a GM120 for another go and plan on using it for 10.5T...

I have read Martin's setup guide on the Schumacher site. Can I go back to starting from the start when I install and wire up the GM out of the box;

I take it that I should then do the mode setup initially?
What mode should I go into?

I take it that I then connect it all up to my laptop and install the v13.1 software - then what mode do I need to pick (It says in the instructions that this has to be done to reset the transmitter data).

Then there are four settings to play about with;

Amp Limit
Switchpoint RPM
Fixed/Max Timing
Cutoff temp

I am planning to use a GM 10.5 so was going to start with;

Amp Limit = 110
Switchpoint RPM = 14000
Fixed/Max Timing = 24
Cutoff temp = 120

This is for a track that is a bit bigger than the Ardent indoor track with a lap time of about 13 seconds and a straight about 60 metres.

Thanks,
Stephen
1. Upgrade the firmware to 13.1

2. Load Martin's settings file and tweak the 4 settings as above. I'd start with less Fixed Timing though to be safe, say 18 degrees. Start low and work up if you've got heat to spare. It's not like the wimpy SP ESC which you have to max out to get any kind of performance.

3. On the 'Transmitter / Mode' tab, select the mode you'd like the settings to be saved into. I use mode 2 just because that's what came in Martin's file and I didn't bother changing it.

4. Send the settings to the ESC.

5. Select the mode on the ESC that you used in step (3). This is important as it will also set your throttle endpoints. I usually do this with the motor unmeshed as the first time I got it wrong and the car flew across the room
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #2827
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleburr View Post

2. Load Martin's settings file and tweak the 4 settings as above. I'd start with less Fixed Timing though to be safe, say 18 degrees. Start low and work up if you've got heat to spare. It's not like the wimpy SP ESC which you have to max out to get any kind of performance.

3. On the 'Transmitter / Mode' tab, select the mode you'd like the settings to be saved into. I use mode 2 just because that's what came in Martin's file and I didn't bother changing it.

5. Select the mode on the ESC that you used in step (3). This is important as it will also set your throttle endpoints. I usually do this with the motor unmeshed as the first time I got it wrong and the car flew across the room

Just a tip - especially for those ones, who is testing timing.

Install your settings in every mode from 1 to 9, but with different timing settings - like Mode 1 = 12 in timing / Mode 2 = 13 in timing and so on.

Now you don't have to change the settings wirering up to the computer every time. Just change the mode at the transmitter.

Normally you don't use 9 different modes in the esc, so why not use it this way.

I don't know, if the tip was given before, but it is easy. It is also good for outdoor racing, when the weather changes during the day. When it's noon and hot you just pick a lower mode = lower timing = lower heat.
BCDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #2828
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleburr View Post

Thanks for the advice DaleBurr and BCDK...

You are right that it seems like a totally different ball game to the SP that I am running at the moment with 50 timing and 14 turbo (my indoor settings).
Old 04-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #2829
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello i would like To know where Chan i by a gm150 sede control and a 9.5t sport motor

Thanks
Nuno Gancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #2830
Tech Regular

Hello i would like To know where Chan i by a gm150 sede control and a 9.5t sport motor

Thanks
Old 04-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #2831
Tech Addict

Why a 150 and not a 120 and why sport motor and not GM PRO?
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #2832
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jonnydb Send a message via Skype™ to Jonnydb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
Why a 150 and not a 120 and why sport motor and not GM PRO?
+ 1
Old 04-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #2833
Tech Regular

how are you me friend Jorge,

Yes it should be a 120 for touring car regarding the motor remember a race in Sintra where a gm sport Was driven by Ricardo and Was flying have you test both which one is faster mean time were can we by a speed control and motor

see you.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #2834
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho View Post
how are you me friend Jorge,

Yes it should be a 120 for touring car regarding the motor remember a race in Sintra where a gm sport Was driven by Ricardo and Was flying have you test both which one is faster mean time were can we by a speed control and motor

see you.
You mean a Graupner Sport motor, very diferent indeed and depends on the rules you have.
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #2835
Tech Rookie

Default GM Genius 120 doesn't seem to like Futaba

Hello everybody

I have a GM Genius 120, it is excellent and works well on my KO Vantage Esprit II radio gear (40MHz).

I tried to connect it to my Futaba 3VCS radio gear (running 40MHz) and am having a problem.

The radio gear works on other brands of speed controllers (team wave and losi), the Genius works perfectly on other radios.

With the Futaba I can do the setup mode select sequence puching the stick back and forth etc, the red and yellow lights and the motor noise all work as they should in the manual and the speedo confirms I have picked mode 4 for example by flasing and beeping 4 times after.

However when the controller is out of set up mode or turned off and on the motor pulses on and off twice a second at neutral spinning the wheels, if I throttle up the pulsing it there all the way through the power and I have to hold brakes to stop the car moving.

The lights are also flasing in time with the power pulsing.

I have conected the Genius to the computer and the pulse widths are all looking good with full throttle at 1.9ms and full brake at around 1.2ms. (throttle channel reversed as the manual states)

I reconnect and re setup to the KO radio gear and it all works perfectly again.

Any ideas or has anyone seen this before with Futaba radios???
Dom B is offline   Reply With Quote