R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #2626
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

as i post before i had sent my old gm120 to update, i received it back 4 weeks ago but unfortunetly i didn't have time to try.
today i installed again on my car and i realize that it's not working at all.
they updated it to version 8
all seems fine, except motor is not turning at all.
i can select the mode with transmitter or read / change values with genius tool.
i tried many things but could't get the motor running.
when i turn the wheels by hand i can see that esc gets the sensor values by the lights.
when i unplug the sensor cable motor runs but very very very slowly.
i don't think esc burned because there were no smoke or smell.
i am running
futaba 3pks with spectrum dsm
speed passion v3 motor with sensor
anyone can help me?
khaledome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:00 AM   #2627
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaledome View Post
as i post before i had sent my old gm120 to update, i received it back 4 weeks ago but unfortunetly i didn't have time to try.
today i installed again on my car and i realize that it's not working at all.
they updated it to version 8
all seems fine, except motor is not turning at all.
i can select the mode with transmitter or read / change values with genius tool.
i tried many things but could't get the motor running.
when i turn the wheels by hand i can see that esc gets the sensor values by the lights.
when i unplug the sensor cable motor runs but very very very slowly.
i don't think esc burned because there were no smoke or smell.
i am running
futaba 3pks with spectrum dsm
speed passion v3 motor with sensor
anyone can help me?
First thing to try is do a factory reset
__________________
CPD Racing
chris_dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:40 AM   #2628
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Can you please tell me how to do it?
Thanks
khaledome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #2629
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaledome View Post
Can you please tell me how to do it?
Thanks
When you put the speedo into the mode-choosing setting, simply hold the button down again until you get the long beep
__________________
CPD Racing
chris_dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #2630
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_dono View Post
When you put the speedo into the mode-choosing setting, simply hold the button down again until you get the long beep
thanks for the help, i tried several times but couldn't get the long beep.
maybe it's for the new gm esc. mine is old genius 120 version 8
i can put it in the mode-choosing change modes and everything. couldn't run the motor. i also tried radio on-off and sensor cable connected and not.
isn't it possible to do a factory reset with computer?

i really don't want to buy a new esc, i am sure it's a software or setting related issue.
khaledome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #2631
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 528
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hi,
I just bought a Genius 75 for my 1/12th.
Do I need to do something special when I hook up the receiver through a receiver battery pack? (Cant find anything in the manual on it).

Thanks
__________________
Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
Quante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:27 AM   #2632
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quante View Post
Hi,
I just bought a Genius 75 for my 1/12th.
Do I need to do something special when I hook up the receiver through a receiver battery pack? (Cant find anything in the manual on it).

Thanks
Just leave the speedo switched off
__________________
CPD Racing
chris_dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:17 AM   #2633
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

Hey guys,

I have updated my blog again :-)

Here's the link: http://hofaaa.wordpress.com/

Have fun reading!

Martin
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #2634
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

anyone can help me how to do the factory reset on old gm 120 v8 esc?
khaledome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #2635
Tech Addict
 
John_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 724
Default

You need to enter the mode select. Then press and hold the set button untill it beeps again
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #2636
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Hofer View Post
Hey guys,

I have updated my blog again :-)

Here's the link: http://hofaaa.wordpress.com/

Have fun reading!

Martin
Glad to see you enjoyed the Aldershot National Martin
__________________
CPD Racing
chris_dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:44 AM   #2637
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

yeah was an awesome race there!
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:48 AM   #2638
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Default

Don't forget the lonely hauler bag at the end of the weekend though
__________________
CPD Racing
chris_dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:51 AM   #2639
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

oh yes that was hilarious :-) how could someone possibly loose his team magic hauler bag in the middle of a field :-)
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:05 AM   #2640
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Poland, Warsaw
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Martin,

you test my file from speedo?

Also, http://hofaaa.files.wordpress.com/20...eg?w=640&h=478 this bag you take to plane as hand bag? No problems in airport?

Regards!
m
__________________
Michal Abramowicz
http://abram.eu.org/gear_tc6.php
My setups there -> http://www.rc-setups.com
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Novak Brushless Tekin mini rage Brushless 1/18 price to sell IOwNMkeG R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 05-01-2008 05:49 PM
brushless, spektrum receivers, charger, brushless losi 8 tschenck R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 04-08-2008 07:18 AM
WTT: 1/10 scale NIB car kits for Brushless RC18T or other Brushless 1/10 car Bohh R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 04-06-2008 07:26 PM
NOVAK GTB BRUSHLESS RACING ESC 2.4GHZ + 13.5 BRUSHLESS MOTOR meronr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 01-29-2008 02:18 PM
Brushless B4 Brushless T4 Clodzilla 4 ThunderQuake truggy Ofna Lx Pro buggy pcnutz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 29 12-11-2005 01:12 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:52 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net