R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-02-2011, 05:08 AM   #2476
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

the whole point of blinky mode is that you do not touch any settings to make it faster or better, they are all suppose to be running the same profile/speed.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #2477
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
the whole point of blinky mode is that you do not touch any settings to make it faster or better, they are all suppose to be running the same profile/speed.
I know, but then we just end up chasing motors instead. And with all the settings I guess there is a potential in the speedo, to get that little edge we're all looking for
ssoslot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #2478
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoslot View Post
I know, but then we just end up chasing motors instead. And with all the settings I guess there is a potential in the speedo, to get that little edge we're all looking for
you could try changing the start amps/max amps and/or frequency
Old 05-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #2479
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Higher drive frequency has a big impact on punch
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:39 AM   #2480
Tech Apprentice

can i run a 6.5 in mode 9 on a GM90? if not how do i go about boosting a 6.5?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #2481
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Kenny View Post
can i run a 6.5 in mode 9 on a GM90? if not how do i go about boosting a 6.5?
not sure I'd run it on mode 9 as that may be a little too much for 6.5, it can be boosted, but I'd be inclined to run a 'milder' version of mode 9.

I've not run a 6.5 personally since before v7.2 but we boosted them then.

at a guess I'd say something around 20k switchpoint, fixed timing around 18. I run my 9t delta (5 turn ish) on similar settings, so should be ok for 6.5
Old 05-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #2482
Tech Elite

I was told to run fixed timing of 12 for mod motors. So even mode 7 would be too much.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #2483
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoslot View Post
Hey All

Does any one have a good speedo setup for blinky mode? In Denmark we're supposed to run blinky in super stock.

Will be running a 13,5 T motor and a GM 90 V2 speedo. I know mode 2 is a good starting point but was wondering if any one has been able to crank a little more speed out of the speedo???

Best regards from Denmark
Hi!

Any mode, and set all reserved to 0.
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:26 AM   #2484
Tech Elite

Default graupner motor

I tried using a new graupner 13.5 motor with my GM90 2010 speed control. But as soon as I put the sensor wire in, the lights dim and does not function. As soon as I pull the sensor wire out, the motor works fine, however I need to run sensored to make use of the timing.

Also tried a hobbywing v2 speed control, worked for a few metres, and then nothing......

has anyone had any problems with their graupners. I heard something about bad soldering on the Graupners sensor board....
Old 05-09-2011, 03:31 AM   #2485
Tech Adept

Quote:
I tried using a new graupner 13.5 motor with my GM90 2010 speed control. But as soon as I put the sensor wire in, the lights dim and does not function. As soon as I pull the sensor wire out, the motor works fine, however I need to run sensored to make use of the timing.

Also tried a hobbywing v2 speed control, worked for a few metres, and then nothing......

has anyone had any problems with their graupners. I heard something about bad soldering on the Graupners sensor board....
check the asoldering at the back of the sensor plug for short circuits in between the pins.
there are some of these sensors that have this problem.
you can use an small knife to cut the soldering between the sensor connector legs to break the connection.
then it should work fine.
tomracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:47 AM   #2486
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomracing View Post
check the asoldering at the back of the sensor plug for short circuits in between the pins.
there are some of these sensors that have this problem.
you can use an small knife to cut the soldering between the sensor connector legs to break the connection.
then it should work fine.
I just had a look at the sensor board, and it hardly looked like there was any solder, so I resoldered all the pins, and also pushed the pins more in for better contact.

Still not working. ESC lights start blinking, as soon as I remove the sensor plug, works as normal. I'm stumped on this one.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:00 AM   #2487
Tech Addict

Quote:

check the soldering, but also... put a piece of electrical tape around the sensor board (cut out where the bearing goes) I found I had to do this with a 17.5 as I had the same issue as yourself.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #2488
Tech Elite

thanks for the advice guys.

after what seemed about 90 minutes of playing around, I think I have got it working, but not sure for how long, as I don't have much faith in this motor right now.

What I did first was, I thought the sensor pins were not protruding enough through to the other side of the pcb where it was soldered, so I pushed each pin through a little more, while on the soldering iron. Put it back together, still no go. Now I was thinking maybe the sensor pins are too long, which hit the stator side, and it would increase the sensor to rotor distance. So I put the pins back to its standard position, flush with the pcb.

Now I put it back together, and still no go. So pulled it apart and ran a blade between each sensor pad on the pcb in case of short. Still no go.

So I loosened off the screw that holds the sensor, and the 3 long motor screws. It did work for a bit, but then it went dead again. Tightened and loosened the sensor pcb, and speed control came online for a few seconds, then went off.

So I ended up taking the sensor board out again,and re soldered everything that I could get my tip into. Also, I put some fibreglass tape on the stator side on the 'A' part, as I think there are a couple of soldered terminals that MAY touch the stator when the motor is together.

Anyway, it is working now, and I'm not game enough to pull it apart again to see exactly what the exact problem was. I am thinking still that the sensors are too far from the stator, as I have had problems with speed passion motors before and the shimming had fixed it. I know how I explained it is not the best, however I hope it helps anyone in the future should they have a problem with their graupner motor.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #2489
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to spacendeman

Hi all,

I have a question about my GM120 v1 speedo.
Because i ran firmware 7.2 I sended it to GM, got an letter that they received it But since than I never heard from them again. Sended an email but that got never awnsered. Does anyone know what is going on or how long it takes? Because I have sended my ESC about 6,5 weeks ago
Serpent S411 Eryx 3.0 with ETS Stock setup as rain car.
Serpent S120 LTR with 10.5 blinky mode.
spacendeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:48 PM   #2490
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacendeman View Post
Hi all,

I have a question about my GM120 v1 speedo.
Because i ran firmware 7.2 I sended it to GM, got an letter that they received it But since than I never heard from them again. Sended an email but that got never awnsered. Does anyone know what is going on or how long it takes? Because I have sended my ESC about 6,5 weeks ago
give them a call then to check
+497021-7220 (during german working hours)
they are quite helpfull.
tomracing is offline   Reply With Quote