R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #1876
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 16
Default Rotor change

Hey guys

I was wondering how much more torque I would get if I changed the standard 12,4 rotor with a 12,5 rotor in the GM Pro 17.5T motor? Is it possible to get a 13 mm rotor. I can't seem to find one on graupner.de

Is the additional torque anything I would notice on the track, or does one mm not change anything?


Best regards from Denmark

Søren
ssoslot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:00 AM   #1877
Tech Addict
 
hana166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoslot View Post
Hey guys

I was wondering how much more torque I would get if I changed the standard 12,4 rotor with a 12,5 rotor in the GM Pro 17.5T motor? Is it possible to get a 13 mm rotor. I can't seem to find one on graupner.de

Is the additional torque anything I would notice on the track, or does one mm not change anything?


Best regards from Denmark

Søren
Get the red one much more punch and brake if you need that 97286.3
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:17 AM   #1878
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 16
Default

Thanks for the advise.
ssoslot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #1879
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Poland, Warsaw
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Martin,

do you know someone who use gm V2 with 1S lipo and 13.5T or 10.5T for
spec/stock racing E12 class?

I need advice how to set it ...

I'm changing from gm v1 to v2 and I worry to mess my settings

Regards!
m.
__________________
Michal Abramowicz
http://abram.eu.org/gear_tc6.php
My setups there -> http://www.rc-setups.com
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:56 AM   #1880
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 217
Default

Speed passion V3 chucked its rotor today, Only 4/5 meetings old. So looking for best recommendation for this speedo on carpet mostly, 13.5t?
YZFAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #1881
Tech Addict
 
hana166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

GM, Graupner and Corally motors are best, each with different characteristics, and have temp sensor so you can make best use of telemetry and protect the motor. Melted 8 last year, none this year
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:21 AM   #1882
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz View Post
Martin,

do you know someone who use gm V2 with 1S lipo and 13.5T or 10.5T for
spec/stock racing E12 class?

I need advice how to set it ...

I'm changing from gm v1 to v2 and I worry to mess my settings

Regards!
m.
See V13.0 how-to one page back !!!...
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:57 AM   #1883
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Poland, Warsaw
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Martin,

Yes I read this, but you check this for 2S racing.

Anyway, this file from Ralf is OK, I got it from some
DHI cup or something ... I only change lipo cut off to 2.5V and
values for radio.



Btw, this file gives (car with tires, a little dirty bearings, standing on
table):
- 13.5T/X11 lrp engine, 2S lipo -> 89krpm, tires looks like tires from buggy 1/8
on full th,

- 17.5T/X11 lrp engine, 2S -> 86krpm.

Total fdr: 6.25, weight of car 1410g, on track car is too fast hehehe

Don't ask me what this values do, I only use them in 2WD racing last
weekend, car with 1S lipo, 13.5T/X11 now is fast like 13.5T/2S lipo (F1 racing).

m.

Warning: THIS FILE IS FOR X11 LRP Engine (taken from DE event, X11/13.5T) file: dmwiesbaden.txt
__________________
Michal Abramowicz
http://abram.eu.org/gear_tc6.php
My setups there -> http://www.rc-setups.com
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/

Last edited by M.Abramowicz; 09-14-2010 at 01:42 AM.
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:17 PM   #1884
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 217
Default

Hi Martin, or anyone else that can help.

I was playing around with the AMP limit at the weekend after reading the new setup guide you posted. Thing is even after setting it down to 70 Amp limit, in the telemetry function its still telling me that i'm pulling 107Amp.

Is that accurate and why would it be letting the amp go higher? I'm quite sure the "correction factor current limit" setting is close to being right but the "actual battery voltage" and "max voltage" section seem quite far off. Would this have anything to do with it?
YZFAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:11 AM   #1885
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz View Post
Martin,

Yes I read this, but you check this for 2S racing.

Anyway, this file from Ralf is OK, I got it from some
DHI cup or something ... I only change lipo cut off to 2.5V and
values for radio.



Btw, this file gives (car with tires, a little dirty bearings, standing on
table):
- 13.5T/X11 lrp engine, 2S lipo -> 89krpm, tires looks like tires from buggy 1/8
on full th,

- 17.5T/X11 lrp engine, 2S -> 86krpm.

Total fdr: 6.25, weight of car 1410g, on track car is too fast hehehe

Don't ask me what this values do, I only use them in 2WD racing last
weekend, car with 1S lipo, 13.5T/X11 now is fast like 13.5T/2S lipo (F1 racing).

m.

file: Attachment 641662
1, the setup guide works for any kind of voltage as, as I have written before the winding is far more important than the voltage you use it with!
so the guide is what you should be using

2, the file you have uploaded is ONLY SUITABLE for lrp X11 motor and very smooth drivers. Any other motor or hard driving style will make the motor blow up in smoke! I know it cause it is a setting I made via phone :-)

3, NEVER let the motor rev up without load as you will make the rotorshafts bend and in the end break!

4, again, the how-to works for any kind of voltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFAndy View Post
Hi Martin, or anyone else that can help.

I was playing around with the AMP limit at the weekend after reading the new setup guide you posted. Thing is even after setting it down to 70 Amp limit, in the telemetry function its still telling me that i'm pulling 107Amp.

Is that accurate and why would it be letting the amp go higher? I'm quite sure the "correction factor current limit" setting is close to being right but the "actual battery voltage" and "max voltage" section seem quite far off. Would this have anything to do with it?
this is cause you are using the turbo function which gives you 1A more, every 4ms you are on full throttle, so you are using 70A through the infield which makes the car easy and consistant to drive and keeps the motor from getting too hot and down the straightaway the amp limit opens up (cause you are on full throttle) and you get the maximum topspeed

this is why I keep saying that 80A is more than enough for any stock racing class!
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:49 AM   #1886
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Poland, Warsaw
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi,

Martin, again, thanks for advice.

I don't have time at Sunday morning, only 30min to change speedo, do
solder job and put some settings.

Again, your howto is very nice!

I will try use it

Regards!
m,
__________________
Michal Abramowicz
http://abram.eu.org/gear_tc6.php
My setups there -> http://www.rc-setups.com
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #1887
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Hofer View Post
this is cause you are using the turbo function which gives you 1A more, every 4ms you are on full throttle, so you are using 70A through the infield which makes the car easy and consistant to drive and keeps the motor from getting too hot and down the straightaway the amp limit opens up (cause you are on full throttle) and you get the maximum topspeed

this is why I keep saying that 80A is more than enough for any stock racing class!
Thanks Martin, help always appreciated.

Just after one more bit of advice.

After exploding rotor on the speed passion i want to set the rev limit (it went airbone). I've just got the GM 97294 13.5T star wind 1300Gauss motor so what would be a recommended rev limit for that? Also any advice on that motor with regards to where i should start with the fixed timing and gearing? I know thats a very difficult one to answer but the track is tight infield going down to some very slow hairpins to a med/long indoor straight.
YZFAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #1888
Tech Adept
 
tomracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFAndy View Post
Thanks Martin, help always appreciated.

Just after one more bit of advice.

After exploding rotor on the speed passion i want to set the rev limit (it went airbone). I've just got the GM 97294 13.5T star wind 1300Gauss motor so what would be a recommended rev limit for that? Also any advice on that motor with regards to where i should start with the fixed timing and gearing? I know thats a very difficult one to answer but the track is tight infield going down to some very slow hairpins to a med/long indoor straight.
you can easilly set it to 65k rpm modified motors go to this rpm and the rotor takes it so should be okay.
BUT my main advice would be never ever EVER let your motor free rev without load.
so only when the car is on the track with.
__________________
Tom van den Brink
--------------------------
RC Crewchief - setup software for racers
tomracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:49 AM   #1889
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

factory setting is 100000 rpm and this is what the magnets can easily stand if they not have to rev in this area too long

if the magnet breaks it has most likely been damaged already

see the how-to as I mentioned the gm motor aswell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFAndy View Post
Thanks Martin, help always appreciated.

Just after one more bit of advice.

After exploding rotor on the speed passion i want to set the rev limit (it went airbone). I've just got the GM 97294 13.5T star wind 1300Gauss motor so what would be a recommended rev limit for that? Also any advice on that motor with regards to where i should start with the fixed timing and gearing? I know thats a very difficult one to answer but the track is tight infield going down to some very slow hairpins to a med/long indoor straight.
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:00 AM   #1890
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer
Default

GENIUS 75 #97173 IS NOW AVAILABLE!
__________________
Schumacher Racing
Team GM-Racing
Team Sorex
Xenon Racing
Tonisport
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Novak Brushless Tekin mini rage Brushless 1/18 price to sell IOwNMkeG R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 05-01-2008 05:49 PM
brushless, spektrum receivers, charger, brushless losi 8 tschenck R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 04-08-2008 07:18 AM
WTT: 1/10 scale NIB car kits for Brushless RC18T or other Brushless 1/10 car Bohh R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 04-06-2008 07:26 PM
NOVAK GTB BRUSHLESS RACING ESC 2.4GHZ + 13.5 BRUSHLESS MOTOR meronr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 01-29-2008 02:18 PM
Brushless B4 Brushless T4 Clodzilla 4 ThunderQuake truggy Ofna Lx Pro buggy pcnutz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 29 12-11-2005 01:12 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:46 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net