R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-17-2010, 02:40 PM   #1711
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

Well, 75 isn't available yet, so 90 would be the obvious choice.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:46 AM   #1712
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default GM in E12

anyone?

which one?

TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:05 AM   #1713
Tech Rookie

Default GM 90 2010 Settings

Hi I am a member of Mendip(Weston Supermare,UK) which is a large out door asphalt track with a main straight of about 70 meters long and I need some help on what settings I should be using with my GM 90 2010 PRO speed controller as Iam new to electric raceing as i normaly race 1/10th nitro touring.
I am running a GM 10.5 motor and am running with standard internal gearing(1.9) on a Xray T3 and the problems I am getting is that the motor is fine for about two minutes of a five minute run (good acceleration and good top speed) them the motor seems to loose a bit of power. The motor dose seem a little warm when it comes off track after five minutes. I have tried different 64dp gear ratios and cannot get the motor to run consistently for full five minutes could anyone give any advice on what settings for speed controller and what gearing would be a good starting point to try and solve my problem.

Last edited by MMMRC/KevinK; 07-27-2010 at 06:06 AM. Reason: added information
MMMRC/KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:44 AM   #1714
Tech Adept

have you tried increasing the value of min timing time?
to between 20 and 25
tomracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #1715
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomracing View Post
have you tried increasing the value of min timing time?
to between 20 and 25
I checked and was set at 8 so have set it at 23 and will have to give it a go .
What should the Max Timing be set at with Minimum set at 23?

Last edited by MMMRC/KevinK; 07-27-2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: added question
MMMRC/KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #1716
Tech Adept

In previous software i would have kept the fixed timing the same or lowered it a bit to keep the temp down and give it a min timing time of about 20 to see what it would gain to lower the temperature then.
but in GII software i am not 100% sure min timing time still has the same function of lowering motor temp on over revs.
the text about fw>11.1 says keep the temperature/power is set with fixed timing 12-25
it may also work to lower the fixed timing and lower the fdr to regain some of the speed lost as long as the motor temp is happy.
tomracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:01 AM   #1717
Tech Addict

It looks from GM site that there is a new firmware 12.4, can anyone confirm this because my german is not so good.
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:49 AM   #1718
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

looks like drag brake issue has been fixed in 12.4
captain stacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #1719
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain stacker View Post
looks like drag brake issue has been fixed in 12.4
Yay!

In the meantime I have learned to drive without it and to brake only when necessary..

..as a result I have become a better driver..and my laptimes have improved quite a bit

hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:02 AM   #1720
Tech Adept

Default Motor temps

Hi guys,

Has anybody experimented with the settings on the latest version speed controls in order to reduce the temperature of the motor?

If putting less strain on the motor was the primary aim, which settings might you suggest reducing?

Cheers
Andy
cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:30 AM   #1721
Tech Rookie

Default Gen I Genius 120 V8.0 issues

Hi
I've got a Gen I Genius 120 that's been updated to V8.0 firmware and I'm having real problems with it and am stuggling to find info on how to tune the ESC.

My main problems is that the ESC looses it's top end speed after about 2 mins of running. For the first 2 mins it's awsome down the striaghts and keeps up with the lastest speedos like the Tekin RS, but after 2 mins I can not keep up. I've changed my battery to a new speed power 5300 30C 2S lipo and this has made no difference. My current gearing is around 6.7:1

I'm wondering if I can increase the min timing parameter a bit to reduce the top end, and then gear the car up a bit. But info on V8.0 is sketchy and I don't want to risk damaging the ESC by changing things.

Has anybody got experince of V8.0 and can give me some pointers, as I don't want to replace this speedo as I'm sure it's very capable

Thanks
Mark
Markeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:37 AM   #1722
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markeo View Post
Hi
I've got a Gen I Genius 120 that's been updated to V8.0 firmware and I'm having real problems with it and am stuggling to find info on how to tune the ESC.

My main problems is that the ESC looses it's top end speed after about 2 mins of running. For the first 2 mins it's awsome down the striaghts and keeps up with the lastest speedos like the Tekin RS, but after 2 mins I can not keep up. I've changed my battery to a new speed power 5300 30C 2S lipo and this has made no difference. My current gearing is around 6.7:1

I'm wondering if I can increase the min timing parameter a bit to reduce the top end, and then gear the car up a bit. But info on V8.0 is sketchy and I don't want to risk damaging the ESC by changing things.

Has anybody got experince of V8.0 and can give me some pointers, as I don't want to replace this speedo as I'm sure it's very capable

Thanks
Mark
The v8.0 update has a bug in it.
Set the cut-off voltage way lower.
This should solve it.

You can also search in this thread. It has been explained before.

Good luck.
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:57 AM   #1723
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the reply, I forgot to mention in my first post that I already have the cut off voltage set to the minimum value possible of 2.1V. This seems to give it more speed than the Lipo mode after 2-3 mins of running but it still slows down a lot.

Also I didn;t mention that my motor is a speed passion V3.0 13.5T and after 5 mins it comes off around 55 degrees, which is cooler than when I had V7.2 running on my ESC.

Has anybody has got a good GDA file for a 13.5T motor that works well that they could send me to try?
Markeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #1724
Tech Adept

Hi all.
Just got this speedo and looking for some help with brake settings.
I've read about 60 pages of this thread but can't find a decent explanation of the terms for the braking and the manule being a direct translation doesn't seem to work.

can anyone explain or point me to a previous post of these setting?

BrakeMin. I'm guess the minimum that the brakes will come in at. If set to 100% they would work like an on/off switch?
BrakeMax. Guess you can limit the total amount of braking power available?
Autobrake. = Drag brake
Full brake. not a clue
Time to full brake. Guess a build up to full power
SoftBrake. Not a clue

What i'm after more than anything is a build up of brake from say 25% to 95% over half a second. Is that possible with this controller, if so what would the setting be?

Greatfull for any help.
YZFAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:19 AM   #1725
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markeo View Post
Hi

Thanks
Mark
Just wondering if you really have Speed Power 5300 30C battery when you tried. Is it really 30C ? With 30C only, I think it's kind of normal than the power is good at the begining and fade a bit during the run.
I experimented about the same thing in Mod class with some 40C batteries. Once you put a SMC 50C, things get quite improved.