R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-01-2010, 08:48 AM   #1696
Tech Addict

www.supermodels.pt will have GM120 very soon.

Anyone interested send mail to [email protected]
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:05 AM   #1697
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.hobbydirekt.de/ wrote that 120 and 90 are available
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:23 AM   #1698
Tech Rookie

Default Genius 120 V8.0 problems

I've just got my Genius 120 (Gen1) back from it's V8.0 update and am having a few problems with it loosing power towards the end of the race and cogging at from stationary.

Has anybody found a good setup they could send me or post here, or have any tips of what settings I can experiment with to find a good setup for our track.
Markeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #1699
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you cant get a GM120 you also could go with the GM90 there isnt very much difference. For low wind motors you just should using the larger caps pcb from the GM120 which is available as sparepart.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #1700
Tech Adept

Hi does anybody know if you can remove the fan without the GM90 '10 speedo getting to hot if you run 10.5 and 13.5 motors

It would be nice to save a little weight!
008-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #1701
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

It might be ok on relatively small tracks, but on bigger outdoor tracks, pullying both big timing and big ish gearing I wouldn't personally recommend it. Check with the software what sort of time the speedo is showing. I'd guess that if it's anything over 100 deg I wouldn't remove the fan - but that is a bit of a guess on temp.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:40 AM   #1702
Tech Regular

i am sure this has been asked before but i cant trawl through hundreds of posts...
1) gm 90 2010 version, how do i program it to the radio?
2) ho do i select profile 8?
3) my USB does not have any driver details in the device manager, does yours? hence i cannot link the esc with my laptop as yet.
4) does the esc need a drive battery fitted to use the usb link?

cheers
whoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #1703
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

answers in red, dont have a GM anymore but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopass View Post
i am sure this has been asked before but i cant trawl through hundreds of posts...
1) gm 90 2010 version, how do i program it to the radio?
see below
2) ho do i select profile 8?
for mode 8, hold button for 3 sec to go into mode, with transmitter, F,R,F,R,F,R,F,and then hold R until you hear 8 beeps
3) my USB does not have any driver details in the device manager, does yours? hence i cannot link the esc with my laptop as yet.
you need to download the usb driver, I think I downloaded from this link
http://www.gm-racing.de/rwdownload/?...r=ASC&limit=20
then you also need to download the AS 1.6.3 software.
then update with the latest 12.2 update.
make sure to do factory reset after 12.2 update, hold button on esc until it beeps, let go, then hold again until it beeps again.
then select whatever mode you want with the transmitter.

sorry, this is not an easy ESC to understand at first!

4) does the esc need a drive battery fitted to use the usb link?
no, runs off usb

cheers
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:49 AM   #1704
Tech Regular

cheers hacker, but im sure i have installed this already, however i will reinstall. is there a technique to get the ESC to talk to the pc, i plug the esc into usb, start up the GM gui, the lights on the esc after pressing the usb button are red and yellow illuminated. i click the receive data, nothing happens. all settings in the gui are '0'.

like it cannot talk to the esc. the comport is green on com 10 or 2.
any help would be sweet. cheers
Old 07-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #1705
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Quote:
cheers hacker, but im sure i have installed this already, however i will reinstall. is there a technique to get the ESC to talk to the pc, i plug the esc into usb, start up the GM gui, the lights on the esc after pressing the usb button are red and yellow illuminated. i click the receive data, nothing happens. all settings in the gui are '0'.

like it cannot talk to the esc. the comport is green on com 10 or 2.
any help would be sweet. cheers
did you press the button on the usb device? you need to press it to transfer data, however sometimes on mine I dont need to.

ok I still have the GM software on my comp, so this is what I am looking at.

-run 'Genius Generation 2 AS Genius Tool 1.6.3'
-press number to start 1-4
-select your comm port from the bottom, mine is at 12 but I think I had to try all of them to find out which comm port mine is, and I'm not PC techy to find out how.
-tick box 'fix port'
-select 'receive data'
-my usb is already connected to comp, but at this stage after selecting 'receive data', I plug the connector to the ESC, and if im in luck, I wont need to press the button on the usb thingy.
if its sending and receiving data, the 'read/write' will start flashing and will take up to 10sec to download.

I had to go through the whole thread otherwise I would not have known as the manual is not very clear and does not show you the required steps.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #1706
Tech Regular

ok loaded it on the missus toshiba pc and it works fine, even managed to update it to fw 12.2.
2 more questions, well 3 infact...

1) i can select mode 9 from the gm gui page transmitter/mode 'controller mode' is set to 9? so i dont need to do the fwd/rev thingy as this is if you dont have the usb interface right?

2) how do i set the end points/or basic radio setup?

3) do i need to factory reset the ESC? it has not been done, do i need to and if so why?
cheers....
Old 07-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #1707
Tech Adept

Quote:
... 2 more questions, well 3 infact
1) i can select mode 9 from the gm gui page transmitter/mode 'controller mode' is set to 9? so i dont need to do the fwd/rev thingy as this is if you dont have the usb interface right?

I think martin h mentioned before not to select mode using the software as you will actually copy one mode into the other ...

2) how do i set the end points/or basic radio setup?

if I am reading your questions correctly, this should be in your transmitter manual ... endpoints on the transmitter have to be set to 100% and not more ... as recommended by martin h.

3) do i need to factory reset the ESC? it has not been done, do i need to and if so why?

when you upload a new firmware then you should always do a factory re-set ... not sure why but I do it just to make sure that I get the original factory settings again and work from there ...
Old 07-09-2010, 05:57 AM   #1708
Tech Initiate

hi, havin just bought a gm 90 2010 spec, can the pcb be replaced with the more powerful ones(ie speed passion) and if so what would the benefits be.its been updated to the latest firmware and i run 13.5 motors if that helps..cheers plummers.
plummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #1709
Tech Apprentice

i see a few of u are after the GM speedo sooo....

For sale

Latest GM Racing 120 Speedcontroller, 2010 edition loaded with the latest 12.1firmware and team settings.In excellent condition, No marks at all on it,
(Wires have been shortened to neaten up my Mi4 and the small Gm sticker has been removed as they look much better without it)

used for 7 club rounds and powered me to a win in round 2 of the Much-more UK GP series. (also ran this speedo in the modified class using a 10.5 and was easily faster than a few 6-5.5 turns)

Comes with :
GM racing 120 Speedcontroller rrp: 220.00
Short receiver lead rrp: 4.99
PC Programming cable rrp: 24.99
2x GM Specific sensor leads rrp: 5.99
Original Box and all documentation and leads

Im asking
170.00 GBP

contact me via pm or
[email protected]
payment via paypal gift
Old 07-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #1710
Tech Adept

If I am ever only going to use a 13.5T BL motor, is there any difference if I use the new Genius 75 as compared to the 90 or the 120?

From the specs it looks as though there will be no difference, just the little man in my head telling me that 120 is greater than 75, on top of being more expensive and we live in a world where more expensive is always better ... ...