R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-10-2003, 01:10 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX

Quote:
Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
What chassis do you have.... you keep saying M2.... I am assuming you mean 414M2 as in Tamiya???? Please post pics of the chassis.......
Tsup.... its a diffrent chassis from the original 414 series....here it is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 414sp1.jpg (25.7 KB, 45 views)
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 01:21 AM   #17
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Glue a Servo to a Chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict sa RC
Ayos. Nice to meet a fellow countryman even if its on a Forum only. Drop by the Manila Racers forum to find out what's new in RC in the Philippines. We've come a long way from about 4 years ago.
Hello, nice to meet you also i probably would have met you when i raced there i noticed that the competition there has been intenced compared to before where ppl only used Tamiya 03 it diversed so quick does rolf and jerry still run ?? the last time i saw those guys was prob. 2000 where they both drove a HPI
Old 05-10-2003, 01:29 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Turn that Ko reciever on it's side and you have plenty of room for servo mounts......

hear are a few pretty good reasons why--

1. Keep that Crystal as far away from the carbon fibre as possible to reduce glitches

2. Keep the mouting ears on the servo, You will either have to let the servo go with the chassis or shoo-goo it into every chassis from here on out.

3. Let's face it glueing anything on a chassis looks hack..... The only 2 uses for shoo-goo I have are to keep small parts that are prone to loss and causeing bigger problems like caster clips and e-clips..... Ohh I do shoo-goo my capasitor for my TC2's onto some chassis's, but only because sometimes there just sn't anything to attach it to with a small zip-tie.... I also only use a very small dot, and it doesn't need mch struture.

4. Shoo-Goo can pull loose in a crash, look at it like this--- Your servo probably has 100 in.oz. of torque, and over 200 in. oz. of holding power, your car weights 3lb. 2 oz., and it hits the wall 25-40 mph with the wheel turned, transferrng all of that snap on the wheel to where???? .........

No. 3 would be my main reason........

JMHO, but you pobably paid alot for that nice chassis and it looks killer..... so if you wanna make it look hack that's on you..... Good luck!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 03:45 AM   #19
Tech Master

Quote:
Turn that Ko reciever on it's side and you have plenty of room for servo mounts......

hear are a few pretty good reasons why--

1. Keep that Crystal as far away from the carbon fibre as possible to reduce glitches

2. Keep the mouting ears on the servo, You will either have to let the servo go with the chassis or shoo-goo it into every chassis from here on out.

3. Let's face it glueing anything on a chassis looks hack..... The only 2 uses for shoo-goo I have are to keep small parts that are prone to loss and causeing bigger problems like caster clips and e-clips..... Ohh I do shoo-goo my capasitor for my TC2's onto some chassis's, but only because sometimes there just sn't anything to attach it to with a small zip-tie.... I also only use a very small dot, and it doesn't need mch struture.

4. Shoo-Goo can pull loose in a crash, look at it like this--- Your servo probably has 100 in.oz. of torque, and over 200 in. oz. of holding power, your car weights 3lb. 2 oz., and it hits the wall 25-40 mph with the wheel turned, transferrng all of that snap on the wheel to where???? .........

No. 3 would be my main reason........

JMHO, but you pobably paid alot for that nice chassis and it looks killer..... so if you wanna make it look hack that's on you..... Good luck!!

Hello, thats the old layout the servo dont face like that any more i think if i move the servo more to the center i would be able to mount some servo mounts on it i was looking at it closely yesterday i thnk i should take brand new pics so i could show you, but as of now the servo is facing this way like in the pic below mind you the car is more tidy now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dvc00506.jpg (119.5 KB, 34 views)
Old 05-10-2003, 03:51 AM   #20
Tech Master

by the way IMPACTPLYR, do you think the servo position is better in its original form (first pic) or the new position (second pic) ?? because i noticed in the second position i cannot mount the servo mounts i was wrong, its smudgin o the belt it will fit if i turn it around its origianal position then i can punch some holes on it, any tips on how i could make a countersunk hole seems impossible anyways thanks for the feedbacks
Old 05-10-2003, 07:18 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I actually prefer the first, but I am a former Mission owner....LOL

But if you like the second poition better you could always cut off the upper "ear" of the inner servo mount. Then Cut down one of your Tamiya aluminum servo mounts to bolt up to the remaining lower hole...... This should net you roughly 6-7mm!!

COUNTERSINKING HOLES-- Goto your local hardware store and find a countersinking bit..... Should be less than $10 USD.... If your gonna use C/F chassis cars you are definately gonna nned one, especially if you use aftermarket chassis'...... Someimes the factory countersinks aren't deep enough.... or are forgotten.... or you have a situation like the one you are facing right now....LOL

BTW: on a side note- How ballanced is that chassis, hate to be sceptical, but the L/R ballance looks like it would be way off.

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 08:46 AM   #22
Regional Moderator

Rolf (rking) is now into planes but before that he switched to an XRay.

Gerry (ROBORAT) on the other hand has been doing well with his XXXS.
Addict sa RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 08:54 AM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:
I actually prefer the first, but I am a former Mission owner....LOL

But if you like the second poition better you could always cut off the upper "ear" of the inner servo mount. Then Cut down one of your Tamiya aluminum servo mounts to bolt up to the remaining lower hole...... This should net you roughly 6-7mm!!

COUNTERSINKING HOLES-- Goto your local hardware store and find a countersinking bit..... Should be less than $10 USD.... If your gonna use C/F chassis cars you are definately gonna nned one, especially if you use aftermarket chassis'...... Someimes the factory countersinks aren't deep enough.... or are forgotten.... or you have a situation like the one you are facing right now....LOL

BTW: on a side note- How ballanced is that chassis, hate to be sceptical, but the L/R ballance looks like it would be way off.
Hello again, mission owner ehh....... according to one of the ppl i know who owned one informed me if my speedo is big like a LRP 7.1 or cyclone he suggested tp lay the servo like you told me, and the other way if i have a smaller speedo hmmmm...... to balance the chassis better. Speaking about balance it aint that bad to tell you the truth its very close to the YM34 balance i think the car is based on that setup i was told that the chassis is a prototype , hey thanks for all the ideas though i really appreciate it