Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR4 Servo Saver help

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default MR4 Servo Saver help

Hi in my instructions it says that the bolt bit has to be 2mm or more from teh bootm ofm the saver. On mine that is very tight and cant even move the servo saver.

When i losen so that its inline with the bottom of the srew thread its loose enuff so that if if i was to crash the servo saver wud work.

What shud it be like.

Thanks
Old 05-08-2003, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

It's your call - the looser setting will protect the servo more, but could also feel less direct in the corners (as the servo saver absorbs some of the movement).

I would try the settings back to back - if the steering feels fine to you with the looser saver setting, use it, as you'll protect the servo. I have the saver in my BC (buggy version of the TC) set looser, and I've not had any problems.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:16 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Turn on your car and TX. Hold the front wheels and try to "release" the servo saver by turning the wheel. It should be difficult to turn but the servo should stay in position. Too loose and your steering may wander. An easy way of finding if your servo saver releases when you run the car is to glue a thin strip of paper across the 2 halves. Run the car at normal speeds and don't crash........at the end of the run the paper should be intact. Crash and it should not be intact!