R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-22-2007, 10:33 AM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzo View Post
I think that means he dislikes Trinity products but it's only a guess on my part.
No, I like Trinity products. IMO, they have always put out top notch stuff. However, I don't like the way some of Trinity's online company representatives have "handled" BL and Lipo over the last couple years so I've decided not to buy anymore of their stuff. Now back on topic: We need to make all batteries more idiot proof and I agree with Scrubb in that IB4200's should be banned and only lipos with safe chemistry should be legalized.
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #47
Tech Fanatic

At least everybody recognizes that some Lipo batteries are not safe, and that is why you can't just legalize them all for racing. Some Nimh cells should be banned as well, such as the IB4200 nimh. ROAR's approval process should include some safety testing or a standard test the manufacturers should comply with. ROAR's rules shouldn't stop at physical attributes of the cells such as size and voltage..
Scrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #48
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull View Post
Or8ital, not Cuffs, I was making reference to socalbomber.
No I was saying Cuffs was a major dude on this board that while he posted pictures wouldnt give much info on how it happened if I remember correctly. My impression at the time was that he was protecting a sponsor. Dunno.

Just trying to collect a dollar
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:37 AM   #49
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubb View Post
At least everybody recognizes that some Lipo batteries are not safe, and that is why you can't just legalize them all for racing. Some Nimh cells should be banned as well, such as the IB4200 nimh.
I second that. Having been next to an IB4200 explosion but not next to an Orion Lipo fire. At least I can run away from a fire.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:40 AM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
No I was saying Cuffs was a major dude on this board that while he posted pictures wouldnt give much info on how it happened if I remember correctly. My impression at the time was that he was protecting a sponsor. Dunno.
At least he gave pics. This dude posts and disappears. Cuffs may have protected sponsors, but who is socalbomber protecting with no additional info? Or is he proving that he can generate some buzz with one solitary post??!!??

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:43 AM   #51
Tech Champion

Quote:
At least he gave pics. This dude posts and disappears. Cuffs may have protected sponsors, but who is socalbomber protecting with no additional info? Or is he proving that he can generate some buzz with one solitary post??!!??
Dunno, I know he was disgruntled a few weeks ago when he posted a thread and then kept bumping it unnecessarily and everyone told him to stop.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:46 AM   #52
Tech Champion

OMG!!! Be careful, I was charging my lipo and next thing I know...

Old 08-22-2007, 10:46 AM   #53
Tech Master

I understand that. But, I have seen him around the boards but, can you picture me saying that I had a lipo fire and left it at that? Having seen me around, many would know what lipos I use or at least my charger. I have run my mouth enough that if an incident like this happened, somone would talk to someone and it would be deduced what type of pack, charger, amp rate and what run times I have gotten. That way, anyone else who may have similar circumstances can monitor their lipo usage.

Or8ital, you are a nutThis is in reference to the nucler mushroom cloud.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:47 AM   #54
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have seen a Battery explode. It was a Ib 4200 no pics no nothing. It appered to be over charged. It went half way accross a track. It sounded like a fire cracker.

Wes
redlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:50 AM   #55
Tech Champion

Quote:
I understand that. But, I have seen him around the boards but, can you picture me saying that I had a lipo fire and left it at that? Having seen me around, many would know what lipos I use or at least my charger. I have run my mouth enough that if an incident like this happened, somone would talk to someone and it would be deduced what type of pack, charger, amp rate and what run times I have gotten. That way, anyone else who may have similar circumstances can monitor their lipo usage.

Or8ital, you are a nutThis is in reference to the nucler mushroom cloud.
Yeah I was hoping to see that he had posted what lipo he had but the best I could find was the thread I posted earlier where he asked about the lipo on ebay.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:54 AM   #56
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlion View Post
I have seen a Battery explode. It was a Ib 4200 no pics no nothing. It appered to be over charged. It went half way accross a track. It sounded like a fire cracker.
Wes
No pics? No need for pics when you saw it happen live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Yeah I was hoping to see that he had posted what lipo he had but the best I could find was the thread I posted earlier where he asked about the lipo on ebay.
I bet he bought some of those chinese cheapies. Hasnt dude been watching the news? Stuff made in China is out to get us all. But I won't stop eating the food yum yum.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:55 AM   #57
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlion View Post

Wes
Yeah seen that acouple times happened at vegas and snowbirds. Correct me if I'm wrong did the same thing happen that caught the room on fire at Cleveland. Everything has risks.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:57 AM   #58
Tech Apprentice

Comparing cell phones batts to rc lipo is not the same.You dont abuse a cell phone battery like rc lipo.we chargethem at a higher rate and discharge at a higher rate.R/c lipos get dents and damage as your cell phone does not.It apples and oranges.You have to be carefull with any batt type.For newbs lipos are more dangerous.Yes nimh can explode but lipos will burn your home down in a second.Bash me if you want,I am not saying dont use them but to just turn your cheek and say they arent is not right.If taken care of right they will be fine,but most newbs and vets alike Make mistakes and lipos are not as forgiving.POOF pits go up in flames.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:00 AM   #59
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus driver View Post
Comparing cell phones batts to rc lipo is not the same.You dont abuse a cell phone battery like rc lipo.we chargethem at a higher rate and discharge at a higher rate.R/c lipos get dents and damage as your cell phone does not.It apples and oranges.You have to be carefull with any batt type.For newbs lipos are more dangerous.Yes nimh can explode but lipos will burn your home down in a second.Bash me if you want,I am not saying dont use them but to just turn your cheek and say they arent is not right.If taken care of right they will be fine,but most newbs and vets alike Make mistakes and lipos are not as forgiving.POOF pits go up in flames.
My cellphone chargers super fast. I would suspect at 2c but I dont know. Only a 800mah battery. Ive dropped my cellphone a bunch too. Im not sure its completely different. But youre right, we all need to be careful.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:04 AM   #60
Tech Master

Look, everybody is taking the ball and running a marathon with this. If dude had an incident, ok. But, what we all want are the guts. Dont yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater and expect people to sit still. He has yelled fire and before we run for th exits, we want to know the facts. If dude is crying wolf, oh boy. If its factual, give us the innards. Again, a public service announcement without detailing the product is no service at all.