Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
BE CAREFULL!!!!!!!!!!!! >

BE CAREFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE CAREFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by socalbomber View Post
quote:All this bashing of SoCal and no one mentions he cant spell (careful) Rule #1 of internet arguing, mention all typos and use that to prove they are an idiot

hahaha...or8ital you are so halarious...question me about my spelling and you cant get your b's from your 8's.lmfao

haha dont see or8ital,oh i mean the guy who cant spell orbital hasnt responded.seems hes noticed his wrongs.lol
Old 08-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

who knows...all im trying to do here is tell people what ive been saying in my last posts.be careful.
Understood.

At this point, I think it's important for people to understand the circumstances under which your batteries caught fire. If using a converter caused the fire, then it's an important piece of information that people need to know about.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Just found this at a Web site...

Before buying any type of converter, it makes sense to ask the retailer you are purchasing your converter from what type of appliances it will work with. This will protect you from power surges and electrical shocks as well, because appliances that are plugged into inadequate converters can cause electrical accidents.
Source:
http://www.220-electronics.com/Trans...rans/prod.html
Old 08-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

LiPo batteries kill puppies. Long live NiMH.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

quote:All this bashing of SoCal and no one mentions he cant spell (careful) Rule #1 of internet arguing, mention all typos and use that to prove they are an idiot

hahaha...or8ital you are so halarious...question me about my spelling and you cant get your b's from your 8's.lmfao
Damn Ive been had!
Old 08-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

haha dont see or8ital,oh i mean the guy who cant spell orbital hasnt responded.seems hes noticed his wrongs.lol
Sorry I was on my way home from work...
Old 08-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlamMan View Post
I'm guessing he's protecting nobody. He's some noob that had no idea what would happen when posting this and hasn't been back to check. Too ignorant to be malicious.
LOL!

socalbomber, dude, you have to think of it like this. You create a stir, no pics, no info and then dont respond for mad hours, this is the hobby of the "show and prove". No one is going to take your word for anything in this unless there is something tangible for people to grasp. And I hope that internet tough guy thing was a slippage of the fingers, because dude, you look a lil moist. And like I said earlier peeps, I knew it was due to OPERATOR ERROR with CHEAPIE CELLS!

Last edited by bxpitbull; 08-22-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

well...if lipos are so safe y r people buying these?lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIPO-BATTERY-SAF...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Tech Adept

man..i cant wait to read when all the "pros" houses burn down all at the same time.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dunno whats more scary, idiots using LiPo cells, or someone having a couple of munitions containers.... empty... just hanging round....
Old 08-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst View Post
I dunno whats more scary, idiots using LiPo cells, or someone having a couple of munitions containers.... empty... just hanging round....
I have 5...

I have 8 platinums and as a safeguard I store 2 per case in the lottery winning chance one goes off I only lose 2. The fifth is for my 5 radio lipos. Let me tell you, those things scare me way more than any of my Orion packs. I got them when my brushless lipo car runs lasted longer than my GP2300 AA cells.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny B View Post
I was at that race when that happened.

10amps + .05 dropback + redneck = Cell case buried in 2- 1/4" pieces of plywood!
NICE!

Thats CRAZY!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Who says any one is buying them? Just because it is on Ebay doesn't mean people are purchasing it.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

well...if lipos are so safe y r people buying these?lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIPO-BATTERY-SAF...QQcmdZViewItem
Hey! That is an ammo box! Did someone break the law...?
Old 08-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

JEEZY CREEZY I'm getting pissed! You can't come on here and spout something like this without ALL the info as to what happened. Everything on the planet is dangerous if used the wrong way, even a tickle me elmo doll is dangerous if you shove it up your ass. Every single detail is important in a case like this to know for sure if it was the products fault or yours.

You keep saying your just trying to let everyone know to be careful, well thanks but thats not good enough for people that like to think. Just taking the word of someone on the internet that we don't know seems kind of silly, doesn't it?

You could have avoided all this if your original post actually had useful information in it. Maybe next time before posting something so inflammatory you'll think about it first, but by reading some of your posts, that may be asking way too much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.