Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jaco Rubber Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I've run take off cs27, Sorex, RPs, and Jacos, and even the good old CS27 will become unglued, especially in mod and good traction. The best advice is to do what Butter suggested and is what most racers do, is to just take a couple minutes and apply a bit of CS glue around the edges as a safety measure.

About the Jacos...The Jaco Greens are awesome for asphalt at our CS track. Never came unglued after 23 runs. Running my practice Jaco blues for 7 runs now, and I havent had one come unglued, untill I ran at super sticky MDI, when one tire became unglued...but traction there is better than some carpet tracks
Old 02-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Jack has taken our findings, and from what he told me ( others as well) that they are working on a better tire. I brought an entire box of tires for him/PaulL.BarryB to look at during the Snowbirds.

They spent the time analyzing the tires and information, and took that back to help develop a better product.

Now the situation at the last state race... Well, I do not know a tire that can hold up to the sidewall abuse our track puts on them.. The rediculous traction actually tore the rubber off the rim... We have had problems with CS. RP, Sorex.. you name it...
Old 02-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Let's not take it out of context Brian... When I said the proper testing would be done it was in reference to whatever updated product Jaco decides to release. Aside from that no one said you couldn't voice your opinion. That is the beauty of these boards. Perhaps now Jaco higher ups might see the thread and post directly or make every effort to remedy this situation ASAP.

Not sure how you manage to get 30 runs out of ANY set of tires but that would be outstanding!!! Let us not forget that even the almighty CS line of tires went through a period of cracked wheels and poor QC on the gluing.
Yes i will stop just remember im coming from gas so i know that i would have to have fours sets or more tires on a race weekend but im new at this EP thing im just coming from 30 runs on my first set of tires and now going to the blue and not getting two runs and seeing and talking to guys that are having bigger problem then glue i guess im because i almost had to bye a new set of tires and i only had 10 mins on them
Old 02-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had my tires come off too Brian.... I just had to do a better job of regluing is all....like I said give it a chance.... Hope to see you at the next race...if you need glue let me know
Old 02-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Yes im going to bye 5 gallons i think that will do the jobyes Felix wants me to come with him to finish the season Cyclone Attack
Old 02-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by iceman76
Hello,

I just want to say that i went to my first FSEARA race ..So i sign up and got my tires (Blue)went out on the track two 4mins runs ..I was told by another racer that i had to go get my tire tech so i go up and one of the rims had alittle crack he to me he was not going to tech them lucky for me he had a uesd one he gave my if not i would have to pay another 25
so now we get to racing second quad and tire blows out have to reglue it also now guys all over rims cracking middle of the rim where the nut holes the tire on come apart i ask guys about these tires because i never had problem with tires when i was racing nitro they told me yes there is a problem and Jaco is working on it so i say if a company knows about a problem with there product they need to fix it and they are but im told not tell next season the new rims and tire will be out so that does not help me now when im paying $50.00 on tires to race and i cant get two runs on it before problem So Jaco should help us out by selling the tires to FSEARA for a lower price like they say u get what u pay for bring the tire down to $15-20 then i can deal with the tires and rims being garbage
Did you take the time to read this thread or did you just decide to throw darts out of frustration? Read post #50. That was written a few weeks ago. How about giving us a chance to implement the solution before ragging on us? It gets pretty frustrating as a manufacturer to have to come on here and constantly explain what I just finished saying two pages ago. We acknowledge that we need to improve our product. We are in the process of doing this as quickly as we can. We CONSTANTLY try to improve our foam tires to make them the best on the market....we know our customers expect nothing less for our rubber tires. Lowering the price does nothing to improve the situation. The problems still exist. Flaming my company does not speed up the process either.
Judging by some of the posts on here and the feedback we receive, not everyone is as dissatisfied as you.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I have to agree with Jack at this point. Feedback on a product can achieve results, but flaming a company never does any good. Yes, I know that I started this thread over a gluing problem, but after some advice from some other members, and some local guys, I have had my issues resolved, and I plan to run Jaco Rubberz on my ride all summer long. They just flat out work under so many conditions. On the cooler days or times, I run the greens, and the real hot days, I break out the blues. Looking forward to outdoor season starting up again.

As far as breaking rims, maybe its time to re-evaluate your driving. I understand that some rims just don't hold up. However, any rim can be broken, I don't care what it is. In my experience, the only rim I have yet to break is a sorex one out of the tires I have tried, but don't count it out yet. I have broken rims on rp30's just the same as I have broken jacos. I have yet to break Jaco one bad enough to throw it away yet.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Jack already acknowledged earlier that he feels the rims and tires are a problem. It doesn't do much good to tell people to "reevaluate their driving" now. I know some very talented drivers that have obliterated new wheels during minor incidents. There's no way you can shift the blame of this to the people buying them. Not a chance. The product is currently well below the standard set by other manufacturers.

Jack sounds very sincere in his desire to fix this. I'm sure he realizes that people in the US are dying for a quality spec tire, and with the apparent demise of Take-Off, now's the time to get it right. I look forward to the new tires, I'll feel good knowing that future of rubber tire racing is being tended to by someone in our own country, with a feel for what racers here are after.

See, I almost said something nice. :-)
Old 02-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Judging by some of the posts on here and the feedback we receive, not everyone is as dissatisfied as you.
I'm not the great driver and have had my greens on my car for a few month of practicing and racing 2 nights a week on a high traction carpet track with more then a few 100+ laps on them. I finally had to put a new set on.

A few of us were running the Prism foam and switched to rubber. Now more then 20 drivers are running rubber and it is growing every week.

Jack, I am more then happy with them and plan on buying more.

As for the new Priam wheels that Jaco is working on I can wait for the improvement and wish I can be one of the first to get a set. (hint Jack)

Jack keep up the excellent work.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Well the was do to my rims and tires not passing tech i have never seen rim in one race fall apart so much i have no problem with your foams just rubber u have to under stand where im coming from im paying u not the other way around ok u are fixing the problem ok good but answer me what is that doing for me nothing im going to a state race buying tires going out on the track for two runs and rim crack now im out more money because i have to buy more tires making u more money still nothing in it for me so im in the main now maybe have a problem with the rim coming apart in the middle tire and rim faling off now im out like Felix in his main still not good for me come on now i work for a living im sorry but i have no time running up and down reading everything people write i saw the thread i have a problem and i reply to it thats part of life owning your own company and having a bad product out there u are going to get people like me who work 55 hrs a week and the little bit of money i have left after bills i spend it on this hobby in return paying your bills
Old 02-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

That is one long sentence.

Don't lecture me on "paying my bills". I don't make enough on these tires to even care if I ever sell them again. We are sticking with it because we made a commitment as a company to come out with rubber tires. It is up to me to make the product better and have it be profitable. FYI- I work for a living too. My business just happens to be your hobby.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Jack already acknowledged earlier that he feels the rims and tires are a problem. It doesn't do much good to tell people to "reevaluate their driving" now. I know some very talented drivers that have obliterated new wheels during minor incidents. There's no way you can shift the blame of this to the people buying them. Not a chance. The product is currently well below the standard set by other manufacturers.

Jack sounds very sincere in his desire to fix this. I'm sure he realizes that people in the US are dying for a quality spec tire, and with the apparent demise of Take-Off, now's the time to get it right. I look forward to the new tires, I'll feel good knowing that future of rubber tire racing is being tended to by someone in our own country, with a feel for what racers here are after.

See, I almost said something nice. :-)
Well, sort of.... It doesn't sound like our product is "well below the standards set by other manufacturers" if you read some of these posts. I would say that the fact that we are at least still in business (as opposed to other rubber tire manufacturers) should count for something.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Look dont get mad ok u have a problem u are fixing it thats more then most company would say and do im glad u are stepping up thats good i think the problem is we have no other tire we can buy and run so for me it like why should i spend all this money on hotel gas food race tires to just come up short because i dont have the money to buy more tires or i cant finish a race do to a product Nitro no problem bad product just buy another companys product.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Brian,

I understand where you are coming from with regards to the money spent on racing and limited budgets. Times are tough for EVERYONE. We are in this hobby because we enjoy it and the camaraderie with our fellow racers. Let's not make this into more than it has to be. Jack has come on here and personally replied to your posts and that is more than I can say for ALOT of companies including non-hobby corporations.

The owner of a company has come on here and told you the problem has been identified and is currently being resolved. Give them the opportunity.

Butter
Old 02-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't want to beat a dead horse, since you've already acknowledged there's a problem, and are working to fix it. I hope you can do so in the future and make it worth your time.

Perhaps "well below" was too strong. Many of us, when comparing Jaco to something like CS27 have found: the rims are much weaker, the tires don't wear as long, the glue comes off much easier, the side walls tear more easily, there are regularly bent/warped rims out of the package, and the tires aren't always consistent from one set to the next, and the tires are prone to ripping near the middle seam. That's pretty much every metric by which a rubber tire can be judged, and I'd have to give other brands the nod on all of them.

I'm sorry if this sounds like bashing. I really want Jaco tires to be the leader in this market. Rubber tire racing has brought me a lot of joy lately, and I feel a quality, consistent, readily available tire is exactly what we need. Who better to do that than you guys, or Parma?

Anyway, I feel like I'm always on here giving you a hard time, and I don't want to be that way. I look forward to your new tires, and hope they come to market soon. I'll line up to buy the first set.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.