R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #76
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just ran my first pair of Jaco Greens tonight at the Plex and am rather happy with how well they worked.
FroBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:07 AM   #77
Tech Apprentice

I just found these on HorizonHobbies site. I wish they sold these unmounted cause I hate dish wheels.
WingZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:29 AM   #78
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
But that "tested over the coming months" thing has me kinda down. I was hoping there would be a time frame sometime soon.
Exactly.....after the carpet nats most if not all carpet racing around here stops for the most part. So I guess it doesnt really matter to me I will just try them out next season.....thats a bummer ohh well at least there will be some cool looking tires to use next season.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #79
Tech Apprentice

Thank You Jack for answering my questions. I just wanted to make sure what I'm working with now will be the same as what we're working with for the Nats.
thehobbyshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:02 PM   #80
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Jack you have a PM

Jack you have a PM
lidebt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:33 PM   #81
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello,

I just want to say that i went to my first FSEARA race ..So i sign up and got my tires (Blue)went out on the track two 4mins runs ..I was told by another racer that i had to go get my tire tech so i go up and one of the rims had alittle crack he to me he was not going to tech them lucky for me he had a uesd one he gave my if not i would have to pay another 25
so now we get to racing second quad and tire blows out have to reglue it also now guys all over rims cracking middle of the rim where the nut holes the tire on come apart i ask guys about these tires because i never had problem with tires when i was racing nitro they told me yes there is a problem and Jaco is working on it so i say if a company knows about a problem with there product they need to fix it and they are but im told not tell next season the new rims and tire will be out so that does not help me now when im paying $50.00 on tires to race and i cant get two runs on it before problem So Jaco should help us out by selling the tires to FSEARA for a lower price like they say u get what u pay for bring the tire down to $15-20 then i can deal with the tires and rims being garbage
iceman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman76 View Post
they say u get what u pay for bring the tire down to $15-20 then i can deal with the tires and rims being garbage
if they're garbage, they're not worth $15-20. if there's a problem with the rim/tire jaco should recall everything and replace with a good product. i have a set of green's waiting to be run, we'll see how that works out.

bad products lose good customers!
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:46 PM   #83
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
Hello,

I just want to say that i went to my first FSEARA race ..So i sign up and got my tires (Blue)went out on the track two 4mins runs ..I was told by another racer that i had to go get my tire tech so i go up and one of the rims had alittle crack he to me he was not going to tech them lucky for me he had a uesd one he gave my if not i would have to pay another 25
so now we get to racing second quad and tire blows out have to reglue it also now guys all over rims cracking middle of the rim where the nut holes the tire on come apart i ask guys about these tires because i never had problem with tires when i was racing nitro they told me yes there is a problem and Jaco is working on it so i say if a company knows about a problem with there product they need to fix it and they are but im told not tell next season the new rims and tire will be out so that does not help me now when im paying $50.00 on tires to race and i cant get two runs on it before problem So Jaco should help us out by selling the tires to FSEARA for a lower price like they say u get what u pay for bring the tire down to $15-20 then i can deal with the tires and rims being garbage

Brian,

like everything new that comes out on the market, there are going to be issues. These issues get resolved over time and are part of the process of putting out a good product. I'm not sure who gave you the info regarding the tires/wheels being changed next season. Jaco is doing everything they can to remedy this issue including but not limited to, working on a new wheel. As soon as the wheel is ready and the proper testing has been done you can rest assured that the improved version will make its way to FSEARA very quickly. You say you are a gas racer so I must ask you what tires you use? I can bet you have strapped on some Jaco Nitro Shoes at some point because the tires are the best. If you run the foam stuff it must be for a reason (quality, value...etc) Give the Jaco Rubberz a chance...

Michael Abraira
"Butter"
Old 02-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #84
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
if they're garbage, they're not worth $15-20. if there's a problem with the rim/tire jaco should recall everything and replace with a good product. i have a set of green's waiting to be run, we'll see how that works out.

bad products lose good customers!
From what im told they will not have the new rims and tires out before the race season is over so we have to deal with the problem in hand so thats why i say if they cant get the new stuff out to us then bring the price down
Old 02-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Quote:
From what im told they will not have the new rims and tires out before the race season is over so we have to deal with the problem in hand so thats why i say if they cant get the new stuff out to us then bring the price down
but if we know the rims will crack or the tires will blow out, why would anyone buy them even at a lesser cost?
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #86
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
Also, can someone tell me what the point of using "pre-mounts" is, if everyone says to expect to have to re-glue tires anyway? Seems kind a pointless.
I would have to agree. If they're that bad then why not save the $15.00 or so and glue them yourself...correctly. I will add the the Sorex 28's do need glue touchup maintenance every 6 runs or so for me. I've had a few cracked sidewalls also.

Recently changed over to takeoffs and no prob. yet....except they're getting hard to find. Too bad, they are better then Sorex 28's IMO.
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #87
Tech Addict

Mike

Yes i was running Jaco and no problems..Im just saying they know about the problem so help out 1. start a trade out u might buy 2 sets eight rims maybe two go bad so u go up and they give u two new ones 2.Bring the price down also this is what u said Jaco is doing everything they can to remedy this issue including but not limited to, working on a new wheel. As soon as the wheel is ready and the proper testing has been done you can rest assured that the improved version will make its way to FSEARA very quickly. Let me say proper testingwhats that going to do because i would think maybe im wrong but im thinking that proper testing of the blues where done before they came out.I dont think a big time tire company would come out with a new product and not do proper testing on it maybe im wrong remember there are alot of us who do not get that 50% 100% ride so when i have to pay good old hard work money on garbage im going to say something because last time i check im not made of money
Old 02-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #88
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
I would have to agree. If they're that bad then why not save the $15.00 or so and glue them yourself...correctly. I will add the the Sorex 28's do need glue touchup maintenance every 6 runs or so for me. I've had a few cracked sidewalls also.

Recently changed over to takeoffs and no prob. yet....except they're getting hard to find. Too bad, they are better then Sorex 28's IMO.
yes i have a set of takeoffs that i had got the first day i started to run EP and they have no lie 30 runs on them running from 5 to 8 mins runs and the only problem i had was one tire started coming apart (not a blow out)
Old 02-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #89
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
but if we know the rims will crack or the tires will blow out, why would anyone buy them even at a lesser cost?
Because thats the only tire u can run in FSEARA
Old 02-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
Mike

Yes i was running Jaco and no problems..Im just saying they know about the problem so help out 1. start a trade out u might buy 2 sets eight rims maybe two go bad so u go up and they give u two new ones 2.Bring the price down also this is what u said Jaco is doing everything they can to remedy this issue including but not limited to, working on a new wheel. As soon as the wheel is ready and the proper testing has been done you can rest assured that the improved version will make its way to FSEARA very quickly. Let me say proper testingwhats that going to do because i would think maybe im wrong but im thinking that proper testing of the blues where done before they came out.I dont think a big time tire company would come out with a new product and not do proper testing on it maybe im wrong remember there are alot of us who do not get that 50% 100% ride so when i have to pay good old hard work money on garbage im going to say something because last time i check im not made of money
Let's not take it out of context Brian... When I said the proper testing would be done it was in reference to whatever updated product Jaco decides to release. Aside from that no one said you couldn't voice your opinion. That is the beauty of these boards. Perhaps now Jaco higher ups might see the thread and post directly or make every effort to remedy this situation ASAP.

Not sure how you manage to get 30 runs out of ANY set of tires but that would be outstanding!!! Let us not forget that even the almighty CS line of tires went through a period of cracked wheels and poor QC on the gluing.