R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-19-2007, 02:38 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
I am hoping the jaco rubberz catch on here in Illinois and Wisconsin were we get 30 to 40 plus guys running rubber tires at club races.

Jack do you have any guys running these tires up in Illinois and Wisconsin so we can get a look at how well they run ?
Scotty will have some soon.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Hey Jack,

Will the tires be available separately as well? (tires only)

This will be great when we run on carpet tracks as this requires different type of inserts....

Thanks,
Eirik
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:37 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter View Post
Just an FYI...All racers who run premounts glue their tires even if they are new. Simply run a bead of glue around the edge and VOILA!!!!! No more problems. I can assure you that having run pre-mounts from every manufacturer out there that the new JACO rubber tires suffer no more from this no more than the others do.

All it takes is a preventative measure from the racer....
I guess I am not a racer.....
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:15 PM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

For you guys that reglue your new tires, do you run a bead around the outside only, or the inside as well?

Also, how is the usable life on the Jaco tires compared to say, CS27's? For clubs that have a spec tire rule longevity is what matters most, not being a lap faster. At our track, a lot of the new racers start with rubber tires and probably wouldn't know to reglue a new set.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #20
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I do both sides and I peal back the tire as much as possible.

After hearing David Spashett having a tire come un-glued at a big race I have always glued them.

For someone that has never done it, shown them how on one tire. Then have them do the next tire while you are watching so you can correct anything that is wrong. Then they should be all set to go.

Last edited by Kraig; 08-19-2007 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Good thing I don't write for a living.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:56 PM   #21
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Daddy Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post

For someone that has never done it, shown them how on one tire. Then have them do the next tire while you are watching so you can correct anything that is wrong. Then they should be all set to go.
I agree. Good call
Big Daddy Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:27 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
For you guys that reglue your new tires, do you run a bead around the outside only, or the inside as well?

Also, how is the usable life on the Jaco tires compared to say, CS27's? For clubs that have a spec tire rule longevity is what matters most, not being a lap faster. At our track, a lot of the new racers start with rubber tires and probably wouldn't know to reglue a new set.
The word I have heard (remember, they have only been out a few weeks) is that the tire life is very good. We will know more in the coming weeks about how they compare to brand X or Y. I would prefer to let people with experience comment on this. I don't want to sound too biased.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:17 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to teammidget lilB

All I have run are rp 30 and cs 27s and always gue the outside and inside never have no glued them I agree the neew jacos are awesome but have a lil to much airgap and stiff rim.. I am sure jaco will constantly update there tire to make them better than what they are but for there first time for rubber tires its on a awesome start

U.S. Army @ Camp Humphreys, South Korea
teammidget lilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #24
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Hey Jack you going to be in early tomorrow? I'll give ya a shout....Finally got to run the tires yesterday at Kissimme

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:42 PM   #25
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV View Post
They took at least a half second off of my lap times when they stayed glued.
....and this was comparing new set (RP) to new set (Jaco), right? I'm all for a new tire, but lets get real here, .5 per lap and it wears better

There are 2 types floating around (thin & thick rubber) and the thin type most certianly produce tremendous traction, but durability has already been an issue. The thicker production ones seem to be more more on par with TakeOff/RP/Sorex tires.
sliprip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:10 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Most of the greens are the thick rubber. This is what we will use at Vegas. All the tires will be the thick (less air gap) ones. We have some of the thin ones, but are hesitant to release them all since they wear quicker. We did send out some sets, however, to get feedback from customers. I would guess that if you have run greens you have a 25% chance of getting the thin tires and a 100% chance if you run blue or yellow.
Eventually ALL THE RUBBER TIRES WILL BE THE THICKER WALL variety.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:20 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

I ran both today and the thinner felt better....
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:00 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I ran a set of greens Saturday and thought they were great. I had no issues with my tires coming unglued, but I may check them before I mount them again next time. I personally have never had a tire come unglued on me unless it was me gluing them up. Premounts for me thus far have been fine no matter whose they are. I am looking forward to running the greens at IIC this year. They RP's last year were a little bit to be desired with flaws in bunch of them. I remember seeing stacks of bad ones at registration be it glue issues or just flawed rubber. I am sure the Jaco's will be top notch.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:10 PM   #29
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Where are you guys getting these tires from?

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:18 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Horizon Hobby had some in stock last I looked.

-Korey