R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #211
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 7,868
Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
The only problem with Josh testing them is that 99.9% of the time he doesn't hit the boards.
Yes it seems companies will pick great drivers only to test product. That is fine on a performance side of things. But for durability give the product once and a while to the B or c main drivers.
__________________
Please become an organ donor.
www.donatelife.net
Custom decals and Sno-Tee'z, T-Shirts by Sno Camel
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:28 PM   #212
Tech Elite
 
ottoman's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,761
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Yea those wheels look great in the pictures... but I am more impressed with the ROAR Nats #1 sticker on the side of his car
At least you know those wheels were tested at high speeds
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #213
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,495
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Oh don't worry, I will put him in the boards (when he comes up to lap me) this Tuesday if I make it to the track. I figure I have at least 4 attempts to do this.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #214
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 793
Default

The material we will be using is very durable. It is a nylon, as opposed to the ABS our current supplier is using- not the best. The sample wheels are also a nylon, although not as good as the material we will ultimately use.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #215
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,519
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Please make those wheels available for rubber....Finally!
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #216
Administrator
 
Matt M.'s Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,410
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

josh is a pretty big deal.......
__________________
Team Losi Racing-Team Tekin-Proline Racing-Motiv-92zero Designs-Jim Neubert Paint Design-LiveRC.com-TFR-Team Dirt Heaven-Gravity RC-Trackside

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #217
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,769
Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default

You guys are killing me
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #218
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
The only problem with Josh testing them is that 99.9% of the time he doesn't hit the boards.
Yeah but if he is like most of the "pro" guys that .1% is usually a pretty spectacular hit.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #219
Regional Moderator
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

People problably freaked when they saw him running non dish rims. Figuring he had to be running foams. After all, for all these 'johnny come lately's' to TC racing, they think rubber tires always came on dish wheels.

The good test results and lighter weight are both great news. The no release date yet isn't so great, but heres hoping they'll be ready for the start of outdoor season.
__________________
TLR 22...Tamiya F104...
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #220
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
The good test results and lighter weight are both great news. The no release date yet isn't so great, but heres hoping they'll be ready for the start of outdoor season.
I started the outdoor season yesterday, and it sucked! I blame the dish wheels.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #221
Regional Moderator
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I started the outdoor season yesterday, and it sucked! I blame the dish wheels.


Me and Core always told you guys its A LOT different outside. Just give it time, it'll come to you.
__________________
TLR 22...Tamiya F104...
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #222
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 1,187
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default complaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I started the outdoor season yesterday, and it sucked! I blame the dish wheels.
I guess it couldn't be the driver and but the tires. Reading you past posts you seem to complaint about something 90% of the time except when you need help and that's the other 10% if the time.
__________________
Rick "Blue" Sieboldt - Mooresville, NC
* Associated T5M * Tekin * TQ Wire *
www.tqracing.com/rc_products.htm For all your wire needs
lidebt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #223
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidebt2 View Post
I guess it couldn't be the driver and but the tires. Reading you past posts you seem to complaint about something 90% of the time except when you need help and that's the other 10% if the time.


or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #224
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidebt2 View Post
I guess it couldn't be the driver and but the tires. Reading you past posts you seem to complaint about something 90% of the time except when you need help and that's the other 10% if the time.
Yeah... been saving that one up for a while, have you? As others have noted, that was sarcasm between me and an old racing buddy. If you have a problem with me, use the block button and STFU. I'll happily go on thinking I'm the most awesome thing that's after happened either way. Thanks.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:30 PM   #225
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 1,187
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default jack

Jack you have a PM
__________________
Rick "Blue" Sieboldt - Mooresville, NC
* Associated T5M * Tekin * TQ Wire *
www.tqracing.com/rc_products.htm For all your wire needs
lidebt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Jaco Rubber Tires yyhayyim Electric On-Road 601 07-07-2009 05:13 PM
Jaco Green Rubber tires 10 wheels 748eric R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-08-2008 06:55 AM
NIP Jaco Rubber Tires - Green A. Rhodes R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 05-04-2008 09:58 AM
Rubber Sedan Tires - Jaco Greens brians11 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-24-2008 09:28 AM
JACO Rubber Tires punkracer24 Electric On-Road 2 08-17-2007 08:16 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:28 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net