R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Anyone try the Traxxas BL yet? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/177711-anyone-try-traxxas-bl-yet.html)

chumanji 08-18-2007 11:51 PM

Anyone try the Traxxas BL yet?

Saw the traxxas BL system hiting the LHS. Anyone try one of those yet?

mac853 08-19-2007 02:02 AM

I didn't seen on anyway, instead of pictures from the promotion of website, maybe is not been released yet.

Matt Howard 08-19-2007 05:19 AM

It's out now, my LHS is selling them for $174.99. Does anyone know what turn the motor is though? the box calls it a "3500"

UN4RACING 08-19-2007 05:58 AM

I saw one up close at the LHS the other day. It looked like Mamba or maybe the same place Mamba gets there stuff are all one in the same. As far as the motor is concerned.
I was thinking that it would be an excellent speck motor esc combo for a class at the track.

I'm curious to see how many racers buy one.? The price is right and it looks like any Mamba motor would be compatible with it.? It may just be a great back up to have.?

mac853 08-19-2007 07:52 AM

:eek:Oops pardon guys, I didn't see it yet, maybe is selling in US zone not around the world.

artie's liver 08-19-2007 08:34 AM

I just got it in the mail the other day

I'm almost done building a tub cyclone and was going to put this in it

the motor's slightly too long, and it looks like I'll have to run the chassis without the motor guard to have it fit.

I'm waiting on a few more parts to arrive in the mail....... then it can run

tfrahm 08-19-2007 02:47 PM

I haven't seen the Traxxas Velineon run in a sedan yet, but one loca racer has the Rustler RTR Brushless setup and from the performance I've seen, I'd say it runs about like a Novak 6.5... He is VERY pleased with the way it runs. On the other hand, his first one got to the point it would just shut down or not run at all (even cool) -- he replaced it an no problems since then...

Power deliver is not as smooth as Novak (it's NOT "sensored"), but it is strong. The only problem he's had is keeping his front tires on the track when her pulls the trigger!

chumanji 08-19-2007 02:48 PM

I wonder how well will it work with the senor motor like LRP and novaks

Desolas 08-20-2007 09:15 AM

It's Traxxas...so it's "good" but not quite "right."

I've seen it run in a Stampede, and it's pretty impressive. I would compare it to a 14x2 modified, or like someone else said, maybe a 6.5. Hard to tell in something like a Stampede though.

It looks good for RTR and bashing.

bxpitbull 08-20-2007 09:30 AM

Traxxas stuff has always seemed a bit "toyish" to me, but hey, thats just one opinion in a sea of opinions. This BL line of "theirs" is making me begin to wonder if they are getting serious over there. For racing, I would wait to see what a mag does in testing before I leap out of a plane without a parachute. For bashing, Mamba is in trouble.

wfdfiremedic 08-20-2007 12:35 PM

I tried it....it is decent and very simple to use. Remember though that there is little in terms of adjustability in the system. Forward, reverse, and reverse lockout. Also, 50% for new drivers. No drag brake etc. There was also almost no cogging with the system using a 2.4 system. You can run sensored motors with the hall sensor harness because it has an input. In addition it has a lipo cutoff. |The esc is quite big though|!

quick5pnt0 08-20-2007 02:09 PM

That's true, but it's not really being marketed to hard core racers. Most people buying it won't even care that it isn't super adjustable and if it was they probably wouldn't know what to do with the adjustments to begin with.

bxpitbull 08-20-2007 04:41 PM

wfdfiremedic:|The esc is quite big though|!
quick5pnt0 That's true, but it's not really being marketed to hard core racers. Most people buying it won't even care that it isn't super adjustable and if it was they probably wouldn't know what to do with the adjustments to begin with.

Like I said, "toyish".:lol:

platinumjason 08-20-2007 04:47 PM

I've seen one run in a Stampede at my LHS. It would wheelie all day long but wasnt to impressed with the top speed. It was running a Peak Racing 4800 LiPo. As for the motor. Its a 10 turn.

bxpitbull 08-20-2007 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by platinumjason (Post 3598856)
I've seen one run in a Stampede at my LHS. It would wheelie all day long but wasnt to impressed with the top speed. It was running a Peak Racing 4800 LiPo. As for the motor. Its a 10 turn.

Sounds kind of blaise blaise.:lol::lol: